Black Crows Ferox

Anyone been on these yet?
    Rocker profile from photos looks pretty traditional...but all the marketing info says they're real playful.

Not a ton of tip rocker until bases are pushed flat - then it gets to their stated 32% rocker. Decent amount of tail rocker.
    Last edited by EricB; 11-14-2019 at 12:56 AM.

The whole thing except the top sheet ridge shit (definitely not original, but less traditional) and marketing look traditional. Not super light, averagish side cut, modest rocker/camber. Looks like a Camry with a Lotus price point.

And there's foam in the core? That seems kind of sucky.

DPS is using foam in their skis next year (Powderworks 100 Tour this year), and they're supposed to be pretty legit.

I'd like to trust this TGR review over a few of the other industry magazines...although it still doesn't say much about the ski.
    http://tested.tetongravity.com/story...ferox-freebird

Black Crows Ferox

Baggin on Crows is so hawt right now

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4zqFtpn...d=k2t7g4fapnz7
    [URL]

Black Crows Ferox

Julien claimed some years back that he’d “never make an Atris Freebird.” However, I think this is about as close as can get and sticks with most the other Freebirds by not being too light.

The Atris is well-loved, Crovus and Navis Freebirds, equally so. I can only guess this is a great ski that blends a lot of Julien’s learned as a designer. Expensive, no doubt, but that might be part of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There have been good foam core skis over the years, but all the ones I can think of had durability/longevity issues. Hopefully that has been solved. I'll let you guys do the testing/$1000 ski buying before I jump on board.

I'm pretty happy touring on my Anima Freebirds... but I will say, a bit less tail rocker would be nice. So these look interesting.

Was randomly in a shop that had these tonight and holy shit: they have, like, no tip rocker. Way less than Corvus FB.

I got a couple of runs in on them earlier this year at a demo day. They are on the softer side regarding flex, but they were pretty stable and predictable. Tip rocker is definitely pretty minimal for a powder ski - but I only had em on for a few chopped up piste runs and cant say much more than that.

Also, for a few hundred grams more for the pair you can have a Corvus or Atris - both of which are much better for the downhill. If Blizzard ever brought out a ZG115 I don't think I'd have even demoed them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by EricB View Post
    Anyone been on these yet?
    From TGR reviews ...

Testers were blown away ... they felt like an extension of their bodies.
    ... “I dropped cliffs on this ski I would never dare to on any other ski built for a tech-toe binding. This ski performed beyond my imagination and impressed the confidence in myself to push my own boundaries.
    ... it’s an ideal ski for all conditions for the advanced skier looking to take the next step in their performance both inbounds or outbounds.”

This ski performed beyond my imagination and impressed the confidence in myself to push my own boundaries.
    Walter Wood

A lot of guys would be happy with an extension of their bodies.
    This could replace my entire quiver.
    I'm ready to take the next step.
    Send me some.
    Awesome.
    Thanks.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Some of us are waiting for real reviews not ad dollar inspired reviews.

Personally, not having had a chance to ski them (too much snow kept them from the demo) I’d have a tough time justifying spending a grand to replace some Rustlers which aren’t that different on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyski View Post
    Was randomly in a shop that had these tonight and holy shit: they have, like, no tip rocker. Way less than Corvus FB.
    Welp, there goes my interest. Not only is a healthy dose of tip rocker nice for the downhill, I prefer it for breaking trail as well.

What sort of warranty do these have? The previous trick with foam core skis, like the older Rossi skis, was to ski them hard and replace because the foam core lost its flex/rebound/damp properties before the warranty was up.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Welp, there goes my interest. Not only is a healthy dose of tip rocker nice for the downhill, I prefer it for breaking trail as well.
    This is inline with my thinking.

Furthermore, not having the widest part of the tip a fair bit up on the rocker curve has proven to cause some funny tip behaviour in quite a few cases. Here, the tip taper seems to start before the tiny rocker even comes into play. Have not been on them though, just speculaguessing here.

I know that pro-deals on this ski are cheaper than this. But across the pond there is a deal right now on these bad boys.

552.89 european dollars converts to about $601 freedom dollars.
    https://www.snowcountry.eu/black-cro...yABEgJfUvD_BwE

just a PSA for anyone interested. Also not sure on shipping imagine it will be a little expensive so this deal might be useless unless you can pick up the skis in europe.

Anybody have a good review on these they wouldn’t mind sharing. I’ve got a pair of 181 sitting in my garage and I’m debating what to do with them. Mount or sale, but want to see some more reviews. On that note, I’m 5’9”, advanced but not the most aggressive guy out there. Have a pair of tectons sitting around I was thinking about throwing on but am hesitant based on the comments above. Any advice/recs are much appreciated.