Are my Baker Bibs toast? Hardshell Outerwear Piling?

I know I should just buy one of those garment piling shaver things and try it but has anybody else ever had this happen? Basically any were my jacket has touched or the bib touches itself has pilled badly. I don't really care how it looks but snow sticks to these pils like velcro and then turns to water soaking the pants through. Do you think they are salvageable or are they done? They have seen hundreds of days...

It’s hard to get a good pic...
    Name:  1B53232A-1723-42E4-A672-BAAB9A2986C7.jpeg
Views: 475
Size:  156.3 KB
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

sure seems to me that the inside of a jacket would either be tricot or a poly lining (depending on brand) would not do this...so my thought is that it is most likely the rubberized part of a powder skirt... can you tell whether u use a jacket with a powder skirt, or what is touching that is causing the friction?

also, if the bibs (which baker are) made from 3 Layer wpb fabric, the piling is doing nothing....the waterproofness of the fabric is in the membrane you cannot see....you can wear them till you put a hole through them and then you can patch the hole....
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

The sleeves of my Flylow higgins have the same piling. Definitely on the outside. Yes it causes it to wet out faster since snow sticks. Membrane is still in tact, but it doesn't work very well when it is soaked.

A cheap men’s razor (fewer blades) will take those pilings off

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    The sleeves of my Flylow higgins have the same piling. Definitely on the outside. Yes it causes it to wet out faster since snow sticks. Membrane is still in tact, but it doesn't work very well when it is soaked.
    weird...i guess its the fabric
    www.freeridesystems.com

an electric razor takes off that fuzzy shit pretty easily
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    sure seems to me that the inside of a jacket would either be tricot or a poly lining (depending on brand) would not do this...so my thought is that it is most likely the rubberized part of a powder skirt... can you tell whether u use a jacket with a powder skirt, or what is touching that is causing the friction?
    Its mainly in the area of the powderskirt (man these things cause all sorts of issues!) and in the inner leg near patches of corder.

Quote Originally Posted by MiCol View Post
    also, if the bibs (which baker are) made from 3 Layer wpb fabric, the piling is doing nothing....the waterproofness of the fabric is in the membrane you cannot see....you can wear them till you put a hole through them and then you can patch the hole....
    Sorry i wasn't super clear the issue is the pills attract and catch snow and then that turns to water which wets out the fabric out layer of the 3L.

Quote Originally Posted by doebedoe View Post
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    A cheap men’s razor (fewer blades) will take those pilings off
    Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    an electric razor takes off that fuzzy shit pretty easily
    I was thinking of trying a fresh razor blade.
    a positive attitude will not solve all of your problems, but it may annoy enough people to make it worth the effort

Formerly Rludes025

Quote Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
    Its mainly in the area of the powderskirt (man these things cause all sorts of issues!) and in the inner leg near patches of corder..
    definitive guides on powskirts right here.....

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...t-user-kungpow

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...a-powder-skirt

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-my-new-jacket

ja agree, inner leg corder patches bad for skiing...

Name:  corder.png
Views: 292
Size:  208.0 KB
    www.freeridesystems.com

If you would just make some damn Bibs I wouldn't have to manscape.

Formerly Rludes025

^ i kno i kno
    we continue to think about it
    maybe one day

all i need is an apprentice, one to oversee the bib project , but also to be financially on the hook when you guys start warrantying them and start a thread about freeride systems bib pantz warranty aint what it used to be....thats all i need.....

......Well I'm gonna go then. And I don't need any of this. I don't need this stuff, and I don't need you. I don't need anything except this.
    And that's it and that's the only thing I need, is this. I don't need this or this. Just this ashtray. And this paddle game, the ashtray and the paddle game and that's all I need. And this remote control. The ashtray, the paddle game, and the remote control, and that's all I need. And these matches. The ashtray, and these matches, and the remote control and the paddle ball. And this lamp. The ashtray, this paddle game and the remote control and the lamp and that's all I need. And that's all I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one - I need this. The paddle game, and the chair, and the remote control, and the matches, for sure. And this. And that's all I need. The ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, this magazine and the chair. And I don't need one other thing, except........

now for this important message from our spanser ...since we cant buy ad space on tgr anymorz

Shell f'in Yeah !! by damn darn ding ™ ™ ™
    free trades ceritfied tm tm tm ™ ™ ™
    made with recycled childrens tears ™ ™ ™
    tear in my beer toby ™ ™ ™
    home of no f'in powderskirtz we cut em out before we even make em ™ ™ ™
    Last edited by MiCol; 10-29-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    www.freeridesystems.com

Baker bib fabric carries snow

The coarse weave of the fabric is to blame in my greatly uninformed opinion as a user

I can gauge the depth of my pow runs by how high it clings on my legs — no abrasion needed

Are my Baker Bibs toast? Hardshell Outerwear Piling?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Baker bib fabric carries snow

The coarse weave of the fabric is to blame in my greatly uninformed opinion as a user

I can gauge the depth of my pow runs by how high it clings on my legs — no abrasion needed
    It’s my only complaint about them

[sorry, dbl post, meant to edit, not quote]