Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2012 Volkl Katana (184) $300 shipped

Great shape, maybe 10-15 days on snow. No base or edge damage. Very minor cosmetic scuffing.

Bindings not included

1 mount: STH on the line for 295mm

SOLD

willing to consider shipping at buyer's expense.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4571.jpg 
Views:	264 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	299661
    Last edited by rangerjake; 11-12-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Also TTT4T

Someone buy these bump.

I want that ski, but with the 2013 or 2014 topsheet.

reverse camber, or just flat?

More rocker than flat. Literally next to zero rocker.

Make no mistake, this thing don’t float. Goes through.

Oh shit. Nice deal. Must resist
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Top of the heap

One more bump, then it’s off to consignment

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    One more bump, then it’s off to consignment
    I can’t believe these haven’t sold.

I just bought the same ski in a 177 with 1 day of use. I can’t wait to try them.

They don’t make skis like this anymore, 2 layers of metal and just heavy enough.
    U.P.: up

I've scored three pair in mint condition in the last year: 177 (2014), 183 (2010), and 191 (2014). Apparently many folks bought them but almost never skied them.

Recently re-sold the 191's, wanted to live the dream but realistically they were a bit too big for me.
    Last edited by 1000-oaks; 11-06-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Folks.

I have changed my mind. At $70 to ship skis I really don't think it's worth my time to transact via shipping.

So, this is now a local only sale. Pickup in VT. $275 flat.

You are welcome to pay your own actual shipping costs and I will get them to your destination.

Sorry, shipping is a bitch and expensive. I remember 10 years ago I could get flat skis across the country via USPS for like $25. Those days are gone.

Shouldn't be quite that much, last winter I had my 177's with heavy-ass Pivot-18 shipped from Portland to LA via UPS for less than $50. Shipping has definitely gone up the last few years though.

Cross country shipping is quite a bit more than staying on the same coast in my experience. I hate shipping skis from Seattle to the East Coast. Killed a few sales for me.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Shouldn't be quite that much, last winter I had my 177's with heavy-ass Pivot-18 shipped from Portland to LA via UPS for less than $50. Shipping has definitely gone up the last few years though.
    I have shipped in the last 3 weeks:

Slalom skis complete w/ bindings to UT ($63)

Flat BMT 122s to Oregon ($63)

So, you're right, it isn't $70. It's $63.

I like making TGR mag deals, but even with these (TGR radness approved) skis it's been pulling teeth the whole time. Priced too high. Now at $300 shipped I still receive offers considerably below that. Like, e fucking nuff already. So I am kinda done trying to make this work here. If a local wants em from here awesome. $275 and a high five. Maybe I'd go down to $250 if you come to my town to get them. But all the other BS that goes into safely packaging, boxing, going to the PO, forking over what will be literally 20% of what I get paid to send them away. Not worth it. These skis are too fucking awesome to do all that work to lose them for essentially $200.

sorry for the rant. I guess I love these skis too much but just don't use them enough to warrant keeping them, yet am not willing to sell for a handful of shekels. So it goes.

Damn, I stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by 1000-oaks View Post
    Damn, I stand corrected.
    USPS has basically created a business model based on FRBs.

If it fits, it ships. In one of 3 boxes. Which are easily sorted, stacked, and carried.

Outside of those three sizes they fucking rape you. Even if the size is ostensibly the same and it isn't a FRB they just sodomize you.

Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerjake View Post
    Even if the size is ostensibly the same and it isn't a FRB they just sodomize you.
    They really do. It's pretty obnoxious.

I'm with the OP here. Great skis. Ridiculous price. I wish that I could justify these. However, I would pull the clamps off my 184 Atris as an even trade, or do a three way in a second. So, if someone wants Atris with 5 or so days and two mounts (Guardians @ 325 and Marker Duke @ 305) for $300, and RJ wants to do a three way, hit me up. I would think that I was getting a great deal. If not, you can just consider this as a resounding endorsement of this year Katana.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Wait your in VT?

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Wait your in VT?
    Yep. Usually somewhere between Stowe and South Royalton.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I'm with the OP here. Great skis. Ridiculous price. I wish that I could justify these. However, I would pull the clamps off my 184 Atris as an even trade, or do a three way in a second. So, if someone wants Atris with 5 or so days and two mounts (Guardians @ 325 and Marker Duke @ 305) for $300, and RJ wants to do a three way, hit me up. I would think that I was getting a great deal. If not, you can just consider this as a resounding endorsement of this year Katana.
    Didn't you sell a pair of this length and vintage not too long ago?

Could be. I've owned Katanas of every vintage and sold them all at one time or another. I did not like the latest non-v werks model that much. INHO, the ski likes a bit of camber, like these. I do like RJs version more than the BC Atris, though. Different skis.

These are 2012, the 2012-2014 generation (the last of the metal ones) is full ELP rocker. Think the 2010-2011 were flat, maybe the older ones had some camber.

You’re right. My bad. I thought the camber stayed until later. That ended in 2010. Those green top sheets confused me