Page 126 of 165 FirstFirst ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,126 to 3,150 of 4121
    I made beef jerky in my oven. Literally. It's too salty. If you don't think this is skiing related you need pocket meats

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

East MF Coast 19/20.

Gov Scott specifically carved put an exception for “exercise” in the Stay Home order.

That being said, I’m turning down a friends offer to go into the BC for a ski and hopping on the bike instead.

It’s easier for me to personally justify being in the E/R if i get hurt on a bike ride than if I have to be rescued by SAR in the woods. I don’t need to be more of a burden on an already overwhelmed health care system.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    1. the font. common, guy. really?
    yea that was my bad, it got switched up when I copy-pasted that blurb from the article I was reading and I couldn't figure out what the normal font was to change back to.

Great pics from you and VTF, keep the stoke up!
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

East MF Coast 19/20.

it’s all a personal decision. i wonder how far those people are travelling to the bush though, and i doubt they’ve dialed it back to a three or four. like what would happen if bootpack guy has a heart attack, it is probably his biggest mission of the year.

eta: little stir crazy and annoyed so many people are out walking these dense petri streets.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Bootpack guy seemed to be an in shape early 20's guy. Tons of folks not able to ascend much more than 500' of vert are more likely to blow a valve.

The Daywrecker family who came across Village Run are suspected shuttlers

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200324_124452.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	674.7 KB 
ID:	322167

Killington shut down access and it looks like the UV crowd is out as well. Sorry

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 8.52.11 AM.png
Views: 683
Size:  68.2 KB
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

sucks if you live at the base. it would be awesome to be able to do something out my door besides watch my neighbors crowd the sidewalk and cough on each other.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    it’s all a personal decision. i wonder how far those people are travelling to the bush though, and i doubt they’ve dialed it back to a three or four. like what would happen if bootpack guy has a heart attack, it is probably his biggest mission of the year.

eta: little stir crazy and annoyed so many people are out walking these dense petri streets.
    Agree with this and Peruvian's thoughts also. If I lived where vtf does and had access without a drive I would be out regularly also. Yesterday was the first time I had the opportunity to actually get out for a few hours during the week due to work constraints and I decided the hour to 2hrs (depending on where I went) in drive time really wasn't a sound decision under the current circumstances so I went for a run/hike with the dogs instead. Not the activity I would have chosen in normal times but for me, much more responsible in the current world.

Think about the potential impact your decisions will have on others for the next few weeks+, both positive and negative. Be smart and safe all!

Wish the governor would notify folks coming over the bridge on 95 that Maine has a stand your ground law. Too many NY plates, I’m going to start blasting

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Wish the governor would notify folks coming over the bridge on 95 that Maine has a stand your ground law. Too many NY plates, I’m going to start blasting
    I thought it was generally a bad idea to announce that you'll be needing to defend yourself online. Something about premeditation...

Well this is interesting. Ran into Montpelier to get once last load of stove pellets to make sure we've got plenty. 2 cops at the end of my dirt road, and 2 more parked at the roundabout on rt. 2. Looks like they're really going to be cracking down on people driving around unnecessarily and being out of their homes. Hope my gravel bike rides don't raise any attention.

bush update, remember no traveling

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 3.14.33 PM.png 
Views:	72 
Size:	307.3 KB 
ID:	322215
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Killington/Pico just shut down uphill traffic. More heading yer way now Vt-F.
    crab in my shoe mouth

Stay da fuq away from my little bump, people.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    .... 2 cops at the end of my dirt road, and 2 more parked at the roundabout on rt. 2. Looks like they're really going to be cracking down on people driving around unnecessarily and being out of their homes. Hope my gravel bike rides don't raise any attention.
    one thing i know about cops:
    if they ask for ID, best to have one....

gravel bike, skateboard, hoverboard,
    bring ID, you want those boys in blue to know
    you live right up the street

ok, back to where i belong

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Where are your papers?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 5.27.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	322230
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by romeo tango View Post
    one thing i know about cops:
    if they ask for ID, best to have one....

gravel bike, skateboard, hoverboard,
    bring ID, you want those boys in blue to know
    you live right up the street

ok, back to where i belong

I’m a clean cut white guy in the middle of Vermont. Cops aren’t a big concern of mine.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I’m a clean cut white guy in the middle of Vermont. Cops aren’t a big concern of mine.

But are you wearing a red hat?????

let me see your license and registration right meow

So, dirty scummy white guys are suspect? Because there sure aren't any people of color.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    ....dirty scummy white guys are suspect ....
    you better ....
    ahh, that too fucking easy benny!

"we all do dumb shit when we're fucked up"
    mike tyson

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    let me see your license and registration right meow
    did you just say "meow"??

yea thought about getting some tuesday but too much too soon right now.
    not worth risking going off the road in the mtns, or getting hurt on the hill (sheesh, wasn't even imagining the hazmat suits!), or having the border closed on the way back...checkpoints...all that.

gonna simulate my spring ski days as best i can on the bike. minus the beers. maybe.

Here ya go Kids. No stop and frisk currently. MRV is a hot zone and should be avoided at all costs.

March 25, 2020

DPS issues guidance on enforcement of 'Stay Home, Stay Safe' order

STATE OF VERMONT
    DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

Vermont Department of Public Safety issues guidance on enforcement of 'Stay Home, Stay Safe' executive order
    Law enforcement will rely on educating the public and receiving voluntary compliance as Vermonters unite to care for one another

WATERBURY, Vt. (March 25, 2020) — The Vermont Department of Public Safety on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, issued guidance to local police departments regarding potential enforcement of Gov. Phil Scott's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" executive order, announced Tuesday, March 24, and effective at 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 25.

Today, DPS and the Vermont State Police — the largest law-enforcement agency in the state — recommended to Vermont municipal leaders and law-enforcement executives that enforcement of this executive order be handled primarily through education and voluntary compliance.

"I have tremendous faith in Vermonters' shared ability to follow these directives in order to save lives, and to support each other and their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic," Governor Phil Scott said. "Vermont is a small state with close-knit communities known for looking out for the wellbeing of our neighbors. When we tell people to stay home to save lives, I'm confident Vermonters will do the right thing."

Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling said that law enforcement and the public will be partners in this process.

"Vermonters are really coming together to heed the orders that have been issued to date," Commissioner Schirling said. "We expect the same will happen with this additional order. We believe that education and voluntary compliance is the key as Vermonters unite during this difficult time."

WHAT IS THE ORDER?
    Gov. Scott's order directs Vermonters to stay at home, leaving only for essential reasons, critical to health and safety, such as grocery shopping, seeking medical care, or exercising outside. If leaving the home, Vermonters should adhere to social distancing policies, including remaining 6 feet from others (except for those with whom they share a home), regularly washing their hands, and avoiding touching their faces.

All businesses and nonprofits not expressly exempted in the order must suspend all in-person business operations. Operations that can be conducted online or by phone, or sales that can be facilitated with curbside pickup or delivery only, may continue.

The order contains exemptions for businesses and entities that provide services or functions deemed critical to public health and safety, along with economic and national security. This includes — but is not limited to — health care operations; retail that serves essential human needs, such as grocery stores, pharmacies and hardware stores; fuel products and supply; maintenance of critical infrastructure; news media; financial institutions; and transportation and critical manufacturing sectors. Travel to and from these exempt businesses and entities is permitted. For a full list, please review the order at this link.

Leaving the home for exercise and outdoor activity is allowed, provided that people are adhering to appropriate social distancing. The order is in effect until April 15, 2020, though it may be extended or shortened as needed.

HOW WILL THE ORDER BE ENFORCED?
    In instances where police officers observe or are made aware of people operating in violation of Gov. Scott's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order, law enforcement is encouraged to speak with the proprietor, staff, or group, provide a reminder of the new requirements, and assess voluntary compliance. Civil or regulatory mechanisms, specifically informing and educating those encountered in violation of the order about the mechanisms that may apply, could prove helpful. Again, officials expect the vast majority of compliance to be self-regulating.

The executive order does not close roads, nor does it establish roadblocks, checkpoints or the authority to demand identification. Motor-vehicle and pedestrian traffic will continue as Vermonters engage in permissible activities outdoors and travel to and from businesses and entities that are continuing to operate under the order. Accordingly, the order does not establish cause to initiate a motor vehicle stop or detain people for questioning about their travel.

WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
    Vermonters seeking additional information about the executive order should call 2-1-1, and visit the websites of Gov. Scott (governor.vermont.gov) and Vermont Emergency Management (vem.vermont.gov). Please do not call Vermont State Police dispatch.

Commercial entities, nonprofits, employers and others with questions about acceptable continuation of business operations should contact the Agency of Commerce and Community Development via this online form: https://bit.ly/covid-vt-business-operations.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Jay updated the language on their website as well:

Name:  Jay Uphill.JPG
Views: 407
Size:  39.0 KB

there's also been a state trooper sitting on 242 in the center of town all morning, I've seen a fair amount of traffic rolling thru but he hasn't made any stops yet. Per the DPS update that VTF just posted, my guess is he's just there as a reminder.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Where are your papers?

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 5.27.40 PM.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	322230

Where did you read MRV is a hot zone? My elderly parents live there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Here ya go Kids. No stop and frisk currently. MRV is a hot zone and should be avoided at all costs.

March 25, 2020

DPS issues guidance on enforcement of 'Stay Home, Stay Safe' order

STATE OF VERMONT
    DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC SAFETY

Vermont Department of Public Safety issues guidance on enforcement of 'Stay Home, Stay Safe' executive order
    Law enforcement will rely on educating the public and receiving voluntary compliance as Vermonters unite to care for one another

WATERBURY, Vt. (March 25, 2020) — The Vermont Department of Public Safety on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, issued guidance to local police departments regarding potential enforcement of Gov. Phil Scott's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" executive order, announced Tuesday, March 24, and effective at 5 p.m. Wednesday, March 25.

Today, DPS and the Vermont State Police — the largest law-enforcement agency in the state — recommended to Vermont municipal leaders and law-enforcement executives that enforcement of this executive order be handled primarily through education and voluntary compliance.

"I have tremendous faith in Vermonters' shared ability to follow these directives in order to save lives, and to support each other and their communities during the COVID-19 pandemic," Governor Phil Scott said. "Vermont is a small state with close-knit communities known for looking out for the wellbeing of our neighbors. When we tell people to stay home to save lives, I'm confident Vermonters will do the right thing."

Public Safety Commissioner Michael Schirling said that law enforcement and the public will be partners in this process.

"Vermonters are really coming together to heed the orders that have been issued to date," Commissioner Schirling said. "We expect the same will happen with this additional order. We believe that education and voluntary compliance is the key as Vermonters unite during this difficult time."

WHAT IS THE ORDER?
    Gov. Scott's order directs Vermonters to stay at home, leaving only for essential reasons, critical to health and safety, such as grocery shopping, seeking medical care, or exercising outside. If leaving the home, Vermonters should adhere to social distancing policies, including remaining 6 feet from others (except for those with whom they share a home), regularly washing their hands, and avoiding touching their faces.

All businesses and nonprofits not expressly exempted in the order must suspend all in-person business operations. Operations that can be conducted online or by phone, or sales that can be facilitated with curbside pickup or delivery only, may continue.

The order contains exemptions for businesses and entities that provide services or functions deemed critical to public health and safety, along with economic and national security. This includes — but is not limited to — health care operations; retail that serves essential human needs, such as grocery stores, pharmacies and hardware stores; fuel products and supply; maintenance of critical infrastructure; news media; financial institutions; and transportation and critical manufacturing sectors. Travel to and from these exempt businesses and entities is permitted. For a full list, please review the order at this link.

Leaving the home for exercise and outdoor activity is allowed, provided that people are adhering to appropriate social distancing. The order is in effect until April 15, 2020, though it may be extended or shortened as needed.

HOW WILL THE ORDER BE ENFORCED?
    In instances where police officers observe or are made aware of people operating in violation of Gov. Scott's "Stay Home, Stay Safe" order, law enforcement is encouraged to speak with the proprietor, staff, or group, provide a reminder of the new requirements, and assess voluntary compliance. Civil or regulatory mechanisms, specifically informing and educating those encountered in violation of the order about the mechanisms that may apply, could prove helpful. Again, officials expect the vast majority of compliance to be self-regulating.

The executive order does not close roads, nor does it establish roadblocks, checkpoints or the authority to demand identification. Motor-vehicle and pedestrian traffic will continue as Vermonters engage in permissible activities outdoors and travel to and from businesses and entities that are continuing to operate under the order. Accordingly, the order does not establish cause to initiate a motor vehicle stop or detain people for questioning about their travel.

WHAT IF I HAVE QUESTIONS?
    Vermonters seeking additional information about the executive order should call 2-1-1, and visit the websites of Gov. Scott (governor.vermont.gov) and Vermont Emergency Management (vem.vermont.gov). Please do not call Vermont State Police dispatch.

Commercial entities, nonprofits, employers and others with questions about acceptable continuation of business operations should contact the Agency of Commerce and Community Development via this online form: https://bit.ly/covid-vt-business-operations.