Page 117 of 165 FirstFirst ... 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,925 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post

Edited to add that Bromley specifically mentioned no uphill traffic in their closure notice.
    According to their instagram, that was a mistake. Uphill access is “at your own risk.” Was there today and got plenty of friendly waves from mtn ops crew while skinning up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All restaurants and bars in VT ordered to close by 2pm tomorrow by the Governor. Happy St. Paddys day!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

just heard in nyc they might allow to go orders from bars during their shutdown. that’s kind of a cool idea. better than a total closure for businesses, keep a guy busy handing out sixers or filling growlers if the stores are barren. dunno. tough to keep everyone locked up like china.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

^ Sounds like they'll still allow takeout in VT, just no dine in.
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

As a resident of Carrabassett Valley I'll put it this way, we have a tiny healthcare system up here that is an hour away and limited food buying options.

Talked to a friend yesterday who knows someone in Boston that just tested positive and was skiing here two weekends ago.

We love you and all but fuck off with your germs, leave us alone for a bit until we're ready to party again.

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    ^ Sounds like they'll still allow takeout in VT, just no dine in.
    Just tried 3 places locally for take out tonight, all closed and the one that answered said they aren't sure if they are opening tomorrow yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Just tried 3 places locally for take out tonight, all closed and the one that answered said they aren't sure if they are opening tomorrow yet.
    I am grilling chicken and roasting broccoli, potatoes and brussels sprouts. PayPal me $60 and I will leave a modest ration on the porch. Includes 3 cans of Foam Things I Imagined.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I am grilling chicken and roasting broccoli, potatoes and brussels sprouts. PayPal me $60 and I will leave a modest ration on the porch. Includes 3 cans of Foam Things I Imagined.
    Only have Distopian and $20 you have a deal, be over shortly

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    As a resident of Carrabassett Valley I'll put it this way, we have a tiny healthcare system up here that is an hour away and limited food buying options.

Talked to a friend yesterday who knows someone in Boston that just tested positive and was skiing here two weekends ago.

We love you and all but fuck off with your germs, leave us alone for a bit until we're ready to party again.

As a resident of North Haven Island I'll put it this way, we have a tiny healthcare system out here that is an hour away and limited food buying options.

I posted elsewhere but FIFY as regionally interesting. North Haven awards the Heismann to all out of state Summer folks trying to retreat/self quarantine to their Summer homes out in the Island. Influx happening all over Coastal Maine. Out of state plates spreading faster than... Corona Virus.

Summer people, some are not.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/03/...box=1584377372
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0367.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	127.0 KB 
ID:	320646  

East MF Coast 19/20.

2 of 4 new cases in VT in the last 48 hrs: a guy from NY and a guy from Boston. Everyone just stay home for fucks sake.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

yeah, everyone should stay home but now is the not the time to be blaming that guy from boston or from ny. they're victims too, and got it from someone that got it that got from someone else.

the only person to blame is Trump, who said it was under control when we had one case and then didn't do shit about it except talk about the fucking wall with mexico.

fuck that guy

now everyone stay home

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    yeah, everyone should stay home but now is the not the time to be blaming that guy from boston or from ny. they're victims too, and got it from someone that got it that got from someone else.

the only person to blame is Trump, who said it was under control when we had one case and then didn't do shit about it except talk about the fucking wall with mexico.

fuck that guy

now everyone stay home
    Eggzachary

I'm not blaming that Boston person, it's a data point to say #staythefuckhome

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I posted elsewhere but FIFY as regionally interesting. North Haven awards the Heismann to all out of state Summer folks trying to retreat/self quarantine to their Summer homes out in the Island. Influx happening all over Coastal Maine. Out of state plates spreading faster than... Corona Virus.

Summer people, some are not.

https://bangordailynews.com/2020/03/...box=1584377372
    I would be cool with that if they were not paying ten cents on the dollar for their ferry service. You want to isolate pay your own god damn ferry costs.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I would be cool with that if they were not paying ten cents on the dollar for their ferry service. You want to isolate pay your own god damn ferry costs.
    Agreed... or shut the ferry down. Any self respecting Islander should have their own boat or access to one.

Hope you are healing well. Vibes and let me know if you want to come for a boat ride/ picnic this summer.

Definitely will do

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Definitely will do
    Awesome! Fill that calendar with things to look forward to.

K stepping up

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 9.25.16 PM.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	320682
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

fuck that guy

now everyone stay home
    I know, I hear ya. It’s not about where you’re coming from. It’s about people just not exercising common sense.

Oh and definitely fuck Trump.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    K stepping up

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-16 at 9.25.16 PM.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	393.1 KB 
ID:	320682
    So Kmart gives away food it cannot sell
    And makes fired employees stand too close to each other. And employees got covid and “free” groceries
    Schweet
    . . .

East MF Coast 19/20.

Ghost town at mrg today.... not sure if that’s due to the corona or the fact that the best skiing was on the practice slope...

Strange times indeed.... I suspect we have no idea what the implications of all this may be...

And yes it is a sad indicator for a society when an employer is giving away free food to employees that they won’t be able to sell to tourists...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Geez what a misguided selfish gesture. 3 40yd roll offs should have been brought in and this food loaded up and sent off to Coventry.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Is my sarcasm meter broken, we're ragging on K for giving two truck loads of food to employees and needy school kids?

Meanwhile tried to avoid contact today and ventured out on the hill.
    100 yards from the start I ran into a milf who wanted to ask some "questions". She was curious about the climbing bars on my FT12s and asked me to show her how they worked. I was interested until she mentioned that her husband had just bought her a setup. Pulled off her left glove to point at my binding and was sporting a marble sized rock. I expect I'll run into her again.

Mixed skin and toe kicking got me here in an hour thirteen

Name:	20200316_203947.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	320695

Name:	20200316_203850.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	767.8 KB 
ID:	320690

Unfortunately I forgot about the 1/4" of water ice above 3000' I encountered yesterday. Over unfettered snow it was easy to walk on, consolidated surfaces, not so much

Shine on you crazy diamond

Name:	20200316_203653.jpg 
Size:	1.82 MB 
ID:	320691

I could picture my light alu cramps on the shelf at home that would have made my planned trek to the Lincoln Peak summit, and ski down groomed trails, a cake walk.

What lay ahead was a mind numbingly sketchy run down Middle Earth. Stayed on my feet and got a good edge control lesson like getting caught on Hillmans by the shadow. The Bluegrass helped but a switch to GPlay Megadeth might have been better.

Name:	20200316_204034.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	320692

Name:	20200316_204112.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.48 MB 
ID:	320696

Lower third produced some softish snow on the left which made the cat happy.
    Met several people headed up North Lynx shadowland? Not sure what they were hoping for so late in the day. Light was so flat I could't see shit going down Pushover.
    Watched some poor soul on Sunrise get eaten alive crashing in the bumps.
    Bummer that the bush cancelled the second shift when Alterra closed them down. Gatehouse side is mostly old tracks and bumps from Saturdays soft conditions.

Anyone out before Friday should be aware that the shaded side of ungroomed trails above 3k' have that ice layer. The few inches of snow coming may, if wet, or may not bond to it.

Was happy to sit on the deck safe and almost sound

Name:	20200316_165355.jpg 
Size:	675.4 KB 
ID:	320699
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

If you can't ski, drink, cheers ECRC!!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.