Page 122 of 165 FirstFirst ... 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Hopefully it’s heavy and dense and bonds well to the glacial ice...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. Base building.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    looks like a great day to be outside tho
    oh absolut stunnah. can't not smile on a day like yesterday, even if it's laffing at yer own stupidity. I heart high pressure and blue skies.

skiing is FUN
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Currently calm and clear 24` bob. Skiing is going to be good later today, Gonna head out at 11 or so.

Just watched 3 morans with the binocs near the bottom of racers edge. One fell trying to go up the lowest point of Fling and started side stepping up the hill. the other two made 60' up racers edge before they all pulled skins and "skied" down. The telemarketer had the classic Preying Mantis double pole plant action. Got about 45 vertical in, is that considered a day?
    Kids need consult a compass if needed and figure out the best approach.

edit; It's the gift that keeps giving. Solo skinner trying to low angle and sidestep up Fling, 55' of vert before bailing. Group of 4 hikers with a dog, even though bush asks to leave them home. We'll see how they do. Saw some dogs yesterday and felt bad for them, one on Jester was visibly distressed when their human skied out of sight while they slipped and slid on a steep corner. Got down to the small strip of sun softened snow and ripped off at full speed to the next steep icy inside corner.
    That supports my theory that a little natural snow will bring out the first time skinning tourist hordes that are self quarantined in ski condo's. I hope they're smart enough to maintain social distancing......

I am laying in the sun, shirt off, soaking up the rays on the CR Summit deck.
    Life is good. Snow is going to be it's best in about 45.

nobody like a braggart....

Shelter in place Steamboat1

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    looks like a great day to be outside tho
    Even if I’m just in the backyard doing my spring cleanup two months early

Name:  IMG_5266.JPG
Views: 558
Size:  261.8 KB

Beautiful day at a closed area today. Didn’t warm up as much as was forecasted but it was so nice it didn’t matter

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I so hope those make it down this way some day.
    I'm way south of you and there is a couple places near me that have them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

The parking lot was mostly out of state plates.
    This weekend was absolutely beautiful, but not for skiing.
    4-8 inches of snow on grey ice is going to be interesting.
    I agree lots of people will head out with the snow. Wonder how many days until it gets tracked out at resorts?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Including yours?

Family was fired up to get out, so we drove up to Killington.

Never seen Woodstock like this.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Woodstock.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	321819
    Looking good from a distance.

Name:	Killington.jpg 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	321820
    Even at the base it was pretty much rock solid.

Name:	Superstar.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	321821
    Bear looking shiny.

Name:	Bear.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	1.06 MB 
ID:	321822

I haven’t skied in over 9 days, even though with a short walk I can look out and see ski areas. I’ve left my town twice, once to change scenery and walk an old farm, and once to go grocery shopping. Both of my trips were less then 20 miles. There is a mini outbreak in Springfield VT, it appears due to out of staters seeking refuge from the city. In our community a person went to NYC for a weekend, they came back infected and now several essential medical staff are quarantined for 14 days. I know multiple doctors that are in the midst of 6-7 day 10-14 hour stretches, if more get quarantined there will be longer stretches and the level of care will decline.

I’m not passing judgement but when you drive through a dead town or pass a parking lot full of out of state plates it should be a sign that the locals are trying to isolate themselves and people from away are disrupting that isolation.

6 miles on the "points" Saturday was a good refresher as it had been a couple of years since I had last been on them. Worked on my French Technique and avoided catching my pants. On the other hand this is where I got lazy for a second on Lo Road and hooked my feet together resulting in an instant faceplant. Avoided any further incidents.

Name:	20200322_173606.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	321823

The Cat enjoyed baking in the sun as much as I did

Name:	20200322_135358.jpg 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	321827

Softness awaits

Name:	20200322_173426.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	2.59 MB 
ID:	321824

Name:	20200322_173317.jpg 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	321825

The surface of the natural trails is 137% better than the MM where there is a thick "ice shell" on top of everything, likely due to the rain percolating through instead of being trapped on top.

Name:	20200322_173211.jpg 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	321826

Youngsters practicing proper social distancing.

Ran into StuckinBrooklyn top-o-gatehouse and skied down with him. Not surprised to find a couple of dozen people skinning/hiking up the narrow ribbon of sunny snow really late in the day. By time they got to the top, the Shadow was going to be there to firm it up.

Name:	20200322_173141.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	321828

Whose picking this shit up halfway up the hill?

Name:	20200322_173647.jpg 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	321829

Mt Washington Klownshow

Raise em right dad!

NH Fish and Game Law Enforcement Division and Operation Game Thief
    3 hrs ·
    7 Hour Ordeal Ends with
    Injured Hiker Rescued Off Mt. Washington with the help of the Cog Railway
    Thompson & Meserve’s Purchase – Sunday at approximately 4:00 p.m., Fish and Game Conservation Officers were notified of an injured hiker alongside the Cog Railway on the west side of Mt. Washington, approximately 2 miles up from the Cog Railway Base Station.
    The initial call came in via 911 reporting that a 35-year-old female had fallen while descending along the railroad tracks and suffered unknown injuries. The hiker identified as, Ashley Furness, 35, of Bartlett, NH had been hiking with another companion when the accident occurred. Furness and her companion had been descending alongside the railway tracks when she slipped and fell approximately 200 feet towards Burt Ravine, striking several rocks. It was these rocks that ultimately saved her from plunging into the raavine, a fall that would have likely proved fatal. Her companion was able to descend to her position, place a call for help and keep her warm with a space blanket until rescuers arrived.

A rescue effort was initiated and personnel from Twin Mountain Fire & EMS along with several Conservation Officers responded to the call. Twin Mountain utilized their tracked rescue all-terrain vehicle (ATV) to maneuver up along the tracks and made it as far as Jacobs Ladder. Conservation Officers utilizing snowmobiles to get as close as they could to the victim, but due to the lack of snow and bare spots, were not able to get very far before they had to stop and hike the rest of the way in.

The rescue crew arrived at the patient at approximately 7:40 p.m. After an initial assessment conducted by a Conservation Officer EMT, it was determined that Furness had suffered severe injuries and would not be able to walk.
    Due to the steep, icy terrain, remote location, and overall conditions, Fish & Game contacted the Cog Railway for the possibility of utilizing one of their trains to expedite the extraction of the patient. Cog Railway personnel agreed to help and called in employees to get a train ready.

In the meantime, a rescue belay was set up with ropes, a litter and other essential gear that was utilized to safely get Furness from the precarious position on the side of the ravine up to the tracks.

Rescuers were able to hoist her up to a location next to the train tracks. The train departed from
    the base at approximately 9:30 p.m. and arrived at the patient at 10:15 p.m.
    Furness was placed in the train and relayed down the tracks to the awaiting ambulance at the Base
    Station arriving at approximately 11:00 PM. From there she was transported by the Twin Mountain ambulance to Littleton Regional Hospital for treatment of her injuries.

I can’t thank Wayne Presby and his Cog Railway staff enough for assisting in this life saving rescue,” said Fish & Game Region One Lieutenant Mark Ober. “Without the use of the train, we were looking at a potentially all night rescue scenario which would have included calling in several dozen additional rescuers and technical rope teams just to get the injured hiker down the mountain safely. The temperature was in the teens and the wind was starting to blow which made it feel even colder. “I don’t like utilizing private businesses, if I don’t have to, but this was an instance where it can’t be overstated that time was of the essence and I felt like the best option was to call the Cog and see if they could help. As they have always done in the past, they did not disappoint and were there when we needed them.”
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

East MF Coast 19/20.

they're still up there waiting to get it on the way down, vtf. you'll see.

that hikers fall sounds dicey. tried to do a little hike with microspikes yesterday (after the vertical ice i'd been eyeing to top rope looked sketchy) and had to turn back - real crampons mandatory.

took tomorrow off to see what that new snow would look like at a mellow hill but it looks to be staying on your side of the wall.

see ya next year:

Name:	IMG_8147.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	1.80 MB 
ID:	321831

Name:	IMG_8146.jpg 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	321832
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    I'm way south of you and there is a couple places near me that have them.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, the kegs skipped over us and straight to MA initially. We've just been getting the kegs randomly for about...idk...6-8 months now? I've never seen a can of 2nd fiddle or anything from them.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Yeah, the kegs skipped over us and straight to MA initially. We've just been getting the kegs randomly for about...idk...6-8 months now? I've never seen a can of 2nd fiddle or anything from them.
    Should be plenty of those 19.2oz cans in the retail market since all the ballparks, music venues, etc aren’t buying them for resale.

East MF Coast 19/20.

I haven’t had a canned second fiddle that tasted nearly as good as fiddlehead on tap 🤷♂️

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I haven’t had a canned second fiddle that tasted nearly as good as fiddlehead on tap 🤷♂️
    QFT.....I was just saying that about the stash of 2nd and Hodad we picked up last weekend.....(although the Hodad was still pretty awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    I haven’t had a canned second fiddle that tasted nearly as good as fiddlehead on tap ��♂️
    That is why I'm dying for the IPA's in a can to show up!

well, game over. not allowed to leave the island to walk around on crusty old snow 30 minutes away without talking to or seeing anyone.

eta: list of free movies that played banff to keep ya busy

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Including yours?
    Nope

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Ok thought you lived on the cape