Page 157 of 165 FirstFirst ... 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,925 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Anyone in Montpelier willing to help a Mag out and pick this up for me? PM me if willing to help. Thanks!

https://vermont.craigslist.org/boa/d...192424583.html
    Check your PM’s

I can ferry Portland to Acadia if it helps. We need a reason to visit Sheridy

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    I can ferry Portland to Acadia if it helps. We need a reason to visit Sheridy
    Thanks cat. How's the knee rehab? I see you've been at work with the beavers. Hope you're well.

Bit stiff in the morning, but making steady progress. Last week of 2x PT. Go to 1x next week. PT still thinks groomers, but I tell him I have other ideas.

Yup, been up with the beavers chewing on the hill. All are welcome to join in last Saturday of the month and we hit it other weekends.

See you have been out enjoying the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Bit stiff in the morning, but making steady progress. Last week of 2x PT. Go to 1x next week. PT still thinks groomers, but I tell him I have other ideas.

Yup, been up with the beavers chewing on the hill. All are welcome to join in last Saturday of the month and we hit it other weekends.

See you have been out enjoying the summer.
    Glad to hear this progress!
    27° 18°

We’ll have visitors, just like this summer. Just not as many. That’s my two cents. We also have 30,000 college kids now.

Really too bad about Canadiens though - nice people there, plus I’ve got a boat load of liftopia credits that would spend well in the Canadian Rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    MA residents (from most counties last I checked), as an example, are welcome if they travel to VT in their own vehicle and self-quarantine for 7 days and test negative or self-quarantine for 14 days prior to visiting. Color me skeptical.

That said I don’t think most understand the restrictions so the widespread noncompliance I anticipate will often be due to lack of understanding. I would at least expect Jay to require online ordering in advance with an attestation of compliance. This would at least deter those that intend to follow the rules but just weren’t aware of them until they read the attestation. Sure some will just lie but I think this would combat the people who would otherwise follow the rules but learned them after driving four hours standing in front of a ticket window.
    Don't understand? I'm calling BS. They understand and they knowingly break the rules now. Hell, they talk about it on WEEI (now that I live in Cow Hampshire I can get that station). It's going to be an interesting year at the big resorts. I'm predicting huge outbreaks at Killington, Stratton, Sugarbush, and Stowe because the peeps that shelled out the big bucks for their "right" to ski are gonna do it, everybody else be damned.

That's why we can't have nice things in this country. Errybody is entitled... we suck.<end rant>

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    That's why we can't have nice things in this country. Errybody is entitled... we suck.<end rant>
    Free-dumb. 'Murkia

East MF Coast 19/20.

Well, just trying to give people the benefit of the doubt and have witnessed this lack of understanding at KTA this year.

Should visitors research travel restrictions? Yes. Do they? No and I agree not knowing is not caring and really a douche move. That said, Jay should be doing more to at least put up of a front of accepting some responsibility for who visits the mountain.
    Uno mas

Do you expect Jay to enforce VT law?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    Do you expect Jay to enforce VT law?
    FWIW - It is the VT agency of commerce that posts the restrictions and I would think that businesses would understand the long term benefits of helping to spread this info. Further, any lodging operation is required to have guests sign an order of compliance. This should all be very clear to guests well before they arrive.

Yeah, but what about turning the pumphouse into some sort of detainment area, did they think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I'm not allowed to drive it.
    I believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Glad to hear this progress!
    +1

There was some kind of orthodox kids camp at a hotel in Rutland this summer that broke the capacity rule. The kids were moved to a college campus but I don’t know if the hotel payed any fines. The state is watching this stuff

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    FWIW - It is the VT agency of commerce that posts the restrictions and I would think that businesses would understand the long term benefits of helping to spread this info. Further, any lodging operation is required to have guests sign an order of compliance. This should all be very clear to guests well before they arrive.
    Exactly. Nowhere did I say it is Jays job to enforce but instead to inform. An online process could greatly help with this and they already sell online. This should be an easy lift. No pun intended.

Information can help enforce and enforcement is good is where I am coming from. This goes well beyond me wanting to ski Jay w/ 25% of its normal skier flow.
    Uno mas

https://www.cannonmt.com/mountain/2020-21updates

Measures we’ve already implemented in NH State Parks that will carry through to Cannon in winter:

- Use of face coverings in specified areas

- Limited capacities in buildings

- Social distancing measures inside and out

- Enhanced cleaning protocols ski-area-wide

Subject to approved guidance, these measures are likely to be implemented:

- Selling day tickets online and in advance only

- Selling rentals and lessons online and in advance only

- Prohibiting bags and gear in buildings

- Limiting day ticket sales during certain times

- Reducing the number and types of discounted products

Many people are asking if we will require reservations for passholders and limit visits. We do not currently have plans to do that and would prefer not to. We may in the future, choose to limit the number of additional passes we sell, but we hope to be able to let passholders visit without restrictions. Much of this is very fluid right now and ANY of it is subject to change, but our plan will solidify in the coming weeks as we keep working towards winter. We’ll post additional info as we have it to keep you in the loop and keep Cannon on your mind. Oh, and our planned opening day is just over 10 weeks away. November 27, 2020

_--+++++
    Since Cannon does not have rfid I don't get how they will do advance Tix. Years ago I bought advance Tix to sbush for my family. I had to wait in line to show my bar code receipt to get tix. So you still wait in line.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

My thoughts are that travel restriction are too difficult to enforce and legally muddy especially without leadership. People can and will travel. In the beginning people held back but no longer. It's not the travel but what you do when you get there.

The ski areas can and must enforce an environment that minimizes spread. This will cut into the bottom line. There is a balance there to strike that will require creativity and leadership.
    If we go skiing and numbers stay low we can keep skiing...
    I keep waiting for this to have a major impact on the prorn industry.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

There’s no real teeth to the travel rules. If there are enough complaints (like millinocket, Sunday River Brewery, the Rutvegas gym) an AG can step in and pull licenses, but then they get tied up in court. So in theory is a ski area was known to cater to or disregard out of state Travel the state in theory could close the ski area, which IMO would be highly unlikely.

The best that we can hope for is people to take the best socially and community minded Avenue and not travel from “hot” zones to ski. I’m fairly certain that the first powder day (if we get to that point) is going to be bonkers with people not following guidelines.

Exactly. Nowhere did I say it is Jays job to enforce but instead to inform. An online process could greatly help with this and they already sell online. This should be an easy lift. No pun intended.

Information can help enforce and enforcement is good is where I am coming from. This goes well beyond me wanting to ski Jay w/ 25% of its normal skier flow.
    Agreed with this, I'm a bit surprised they are still selling tickets at the window this season. I was expecting them to at least limit day tickets to online sales and in advance only to have a better idea of the number of skiers on the mountain for a given day.

Focused on Jay, Burke and Smuggs this season. We’ll see how it goes. My concern with the Jay plan is it appears to depend on individuals’ compliance with VT regs. MA residents (from most counties last I checked), as an example, are welcome if they travel to VT in their own vehicle and self-quarantine for 7 days and test negative or self-quarantine for 14 days prior to visiting. Color me skeptical.

That said I don’t think most understand the restrictions so the widespread noncompliance I anticipate will often be due to lack of understanding. I would at least expect Jay to require online ordering in advance with an attestation of compliance. This would at least deter those that intend to follow the rules but just weren’t aware of them until they read the attestation. Sure some will just lie but I think this would combat the people who would otherwise follow the rules but learned them after driving four hours standing in front of a ticket window.
    I completely forgot about the 14-day or 7-day VT quarantine. That essentially eliminates day-tripping to any VT mountains. No traveling within New England to VT unless you own a house up there and can quarantine, etc.
    I wonder if people will actually follow those rules or still just go anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by JaBr View Post
    I completely forgot about the 14-day or 7-day VT quarantine. That essentially eliminates day-tripping to any VT mountains. No traveling within New England to VT unless you own a house up there and can quarantine, etc.
    I wonder if people will actually follow those rules or still just go anyways.
    Yes, I think they will. I can’t believe that upstaters that live along the border are following the rules currently, not to mention second home owners. Don’t you guys think that VT will drop the quarantine requirements by December 1? Also, what is the current rule for VT residents that travel outside the state? I have been driving back and forth to Albany almost every week this summer and I always see at least 5 or 6 green plates on the thruway. Are all those people supposedly quarantining when they return home? Seems unlikely.

it seems like a lot of this will have to do with the second wave. if it continues to shuffle along in the NE I can't see much changing. If we're looking at NYC in April kinds of numbers, well first off that will be so awful we won't be talking about skiing, but also we'll have more enforcement at borders and all that to try to stop the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    it seems like a lot of this will have to do with the second wave. if it continues to shuffle along in the NE I can't see much changing. If we're looking at NYC in April kinds of numbers, well first off that will be so awful we won't be talking about skiing, but also we'll have more enforcement at borders and all that to try to stop the spread.
    Agreed. I’m assuming that the current slow shuffle towards recovery continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    Yes, I think they will. I can’t believe that upstaters that live along the border are following the rules currently, not to mention second home owners. Don’t you guys think that VT will drop the quarantine requirements by December 1? Also, what is the current rule for VT residents that travel outside the state? I have been driving back and forth to Albany almost every week this summer and I always see at least 5 or 6 green plates on the thruway. Are all those people supposedly quarantining when they return home? Seems unlikely.
    Most North Country counties (except Essex) in NY are cleared to travel without restrictions or quarantine. Saratoga, Albany, and Schenectady counties are not. All of NH except the counties that contain the seacoast and Nashua/Manchester are cleared to travel unrestricted. Also western MA is cleared hot but whatever county Springfield is in is not.
    https://accd.vermont.gov/covid-19/re...ate-travel#map
    I think the data feeding this map is as of 9/11 so an update is probably due out tomorrow or Saturday. People often ask why have yellow? Don't know but it's clearly a statistical data range. Yellow and red = travel restricted and both have the same restrictions.