Page 118 of 165 FirstFirst ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 4121
    EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY (March 17th)
    Under the directive of Governor Sununu, Cannon Mountain is to remain open until further notice, but with sharply curtailed services in order to reduce guest / guest and staff / guest interaction. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work hard to provide you with skiing services while trying to meet both the Governor’s directives and CDC guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Well biking is great on the Cape but I feel like it's April or May not March. I had hoped that closures and remote teaching would have me ski touring all over new England but conditions look crap with the forecast offering little reprieve.
    Friday 60 and rain. Saturday night 11 degrees in Franconia. Not the best combo for sliding on snow.
    Looking for other fun outdoor options in northern new England... That include social distancing.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Went fir a walk hoping for soft thanks to the mt ops fir grooming jester
    Saw lots of skinners
    Lots of snow still
    legend in my own mind

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Under the directive of Governor Sununu, Cannon Mountain is to remain open until further notice, but with sharply curtailed services in order to reduce guest / guest and staff / guest interaction. Thanks for your patience and understanding as we work hard to provide you with skiing services while trying to meet both the Governor’s directives and CDC guidelines.

Ski free or die!

VT-F - Did you buy the season pass to the DDS to repair your fillings or did you go with the 10 syn-visc knee injection package?

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    As a resident of Carrabassett Valley I'll put it this way, we have a tiny healthcare system up here that is an hour away and limited food buying options.

Talked to a friend yesterday who knows someone in Boston that just tested positive and was skiing here two weekends ago.

We love you and all but fuck off with your germs, leave us alone for a bit until we're ready to party again.
    I'll third that from Bethel.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Large groups of people in tight quarters is not good, right? Lift lines can be tight quarters. Tough to keep lodge closed and hill open.

Smarter people than me made these decisions at hills all over the country and I would side with the majority on this one.
    From Sunday; Saturday was even worse with most lifts down and a ridiculous line-up for the T-Bar, which I can only assume led to some singles pairing up despite CDC (and resort) guidance advising against it:

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Ski free or die!

VT-F - Did you buy the season pass to the DDS to repair your fillings or did you go with the 10 syn-visc knee injection package?

Fillings intact in my bobblehead and knees are ok. Now my motherfucking feet, they be sore from the vibrations.

In my usual scoping of the hill I saw this track and thought I recognized the work.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

It's great for sliding... just not safely!

JH - hit me up if the conditions improve. I'm itching to get out.

Sutton just updated that they are not permitting uphill travel.
    27° 18°

skinned up Jay yesterday expecting the sunshine to have softened it up a bit but it was pretty much bulletproof. Uphill travel is technically closed but we didn't run into any trouble, couple patrollers rolled by on snowmobiles as we were heading up, just kept our heads down and they never bothered to stop.

hoping to get back up on the hill to hit a few more laps soon but we shall see. Weather looks like crap for the next week, snowing down in town now, ~1-2 inches since midnight but not enought to help conditions. Heading out to the supermarket today to stock up and then hunkering down for the next few weeks I guess.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

'fficial statement from teh bush gm

"We are not running anything for guests other than our water and waste water operations and property management services until further notice. The mountain is open for skinning but watch out for mountain operations clearing the hill of equipment."

Water to drink and to flush is a win for me.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

East MF Coast 19/20.

Well biking is great on the Cape but I feel like it's April or May not March.
    Freshwater fishing on cape is pretty good right now. <50 days to schoolie bass showing up
    Decisions Decisions

unless something changes i will back on the Cape late April,with my trip out west cancelled the lifts not running at the Bush,my only sanity is fishing,which i typically do by myself anyways.

Can’t recall ever being more excited for schoolie stripers to show up

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Freshwater fishing on cape is pretty good right now. <50 days to schoolie bass showing up
    Trout fishing very good now in ponds.
    We also have been getting perch and largemouth bass.

Tautog will be here when the dandelions sprout

I <heart> hot tele-moms

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Can’t recall ever being more excited for schoolie stripers to show up
    Stripe bass fishing is fast and furious in the lower Hudson River down to sandy hook.
    Everything is either ending early or starting to early. Very strange times for sure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1268.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	320770friend of mine is catching up to 20 bass in a very short time.

What's up y'all. Just came in here to say keep on rocking

High risk here and largely homebound, so this thread is needed now more than ever (though I will be solo skinning .

Stay well friends, EC 4 LIFE!

Well that was my strangest ski season ever. First (two) days, in early December, were (EC) pow days, on top of a questionable, if present, base. Early season?? What early season

My last day (yesterday technically) was boilerplate ice and death cookies mixed with windblown fresh, 23 degrees with winds gusting to 35 and the upper mountain on wind hold. Snow/sleet all day while the wind roared. Felt like 10 below. Spring skiing at its finest!

Weird winter but I guess thats the understatement of the moment

Big ups for the first responder work, DJ. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    Stripe bass fishing is fast and furious in the lower Hudson River down to sandy hook.
    Everything is either ending early or starting to early. Very strange times for sure.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1268.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	199.0 KB 
ID:	320770friend of mine is catching up to 20 bass in a very short time.
    Nice! Appreicate the stoke

Skiing a closed area every day wfhClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.JPG 
Views:	90 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	320898

Nice. Lab?

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

Yep

Stowe was pretty good this am, 2-4" of cream cheese on top of glare ice. Lower third was softening up by 11.

Missed out on the nekkid skiers and waterfall huck. Might have to go back tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Got some crusty covid turns on Mount Royal this am. Was starting to soften up, but had to get back to workfromhome before it was optimal. Should be still enough coverage to ride again tomorrow. Gonna keep 'er local to the island for now I guess. I'll keep my dirty city germs out of the laurentides and townships populations.

Those Estski guys are really goin for a rip according to their insta. Not sure if that's the best idea... I guess they got some sweet vans on loan or something. Picked a heck of a time for a road trip.

Hoping the miniramp is clear of snow for a little sesh tonight.

Stay up everyone. Lovin the local back yard closed ski hill stoke.
    27° 18°

If anyone that lives in the mountains needs some pin clamps for a new touring setup, there's some left here (and lots of other random crap)

https://www.mountaingear.com/dynafit...MG244862P.html

https://www.mountaingear.com/black-d...MG253357P.html (two left)
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi