Page 58 of 165 FirstFirst ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 4121

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    I’m so fucking high right now!
    Attachment 310744

yessir sometimes those chairlifts run far above the ground!
    safety bars down.
    be safe.
    have fun time

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Late April conditions in the southern taconics today.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    yes and that's hill with a robust man-made base. platts webcam last sunday made me very sad...but it looked like that before the march1 comeback that turned the season around just in time. cold and snow coming. hopefully the last nasty blip this winter!

i'm bullish on this weekend and MLK at a non-affiliated hill. it's gonna be way too cold for tourons and pedestrian sliders!
    Last edited by buckethead; 01-15-2020 at 04:02 PM.

The Catamount Trail Association is running their Nebraska Notch to Bolton shuttle every Saturday through February for those looking for a little adventure. Should be prime by the weekend.

https://catamounttrail.org/events/ca...ttrailexpress/

The Sugarbush sale officially closed. No changes to the 7 day Ikon limit for this season. They didnt say if sugarbush passholders would get any perks.....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Peruvian, FussyD and I will be at Smuggs today storm skiing. Various clothes but not my norm (fucked up and left them at Magic this week). We shouldn't be hard to find: two 2-plankers and a knuckle dragger.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Peruvian, FussyD and I will be at Smuggs today storm skiing. Various clothes but not my norm (fucked up and left them at Magic this week). We shouldn't be hard to find: two 2-plankers and a knuckle dragger.
    Sorry to miss this crew. Too small of a window today. May brave the cold tomorrow if conditions warrant. Have fun!
    Uno mas

3 7/8" newly fallen snow with more currently falling, 28` and dead calm bob.

Good day to get out there before the forecast shitshow arrives Friday night, have fun at Smuggs!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200116_073651.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.57 MB 
ID:	310880
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Snowing and calm at the Loaf... I’m getting some before the weekend hoards invade. Teal trench coat, Bag burger if anyone’s around.

A solid 4" in Northfield. We were down to dirt yesterday so back on the Marquettes until Sunday maybe.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200116_081658.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	547.7 KB 
ID:	310883

A friend from BITD went through loosing his business to a clear case of arson in Waterbury. They did investigate, and had the dude lying about his location via cell phone pings, he owed money to all his suppliers, had addiction issues...ect., and had fled the state.

The STATE will often not pursue criminal charges if there wasn't injury or death involved. I misspoke, but what i was getting at is it's pretty easy to burn a building down and get away with it in Vt. Not seriously suggesting that is the case here. I heard wooden counter top plus electronics.
    Last edited by DaveVt; 01-16-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Anyone want to take a few laps at Stowe on Sunday or Monday?

Nice dense snow is skiing great 7.5/10

Wildcat about 6” down and dumping, no one here - quite pleasant

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Amazing what a little paste will do. 7.6/10 since my day is always better than yours

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Snowing and calm at the Loaf... I’m getting some before the weekend hoards invade. Teal trench coat, Bag burger if anyone’s around.
    Sadly that might have been the most powder I've skied this year, ripsaw was fun. Hit me up I'll come over for lunch

Sleeper day!

MNIAW in his element. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200116_135417.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	41.6 KB 
ID:	310952

Peruvian farming a fresh line drop.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200116_135411_023.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	310953

Much better one of Peruvian from the burst shots.

Attachment 311183
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 01-17-2020 at 01:22 PM.

East MF Coast 19/20.

Surprisingly good at Stratton today. They didn’t groom a god damn thing!
    Chowda>Rider
    7.6/10
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Sleeper day!
    Worth freezing for tomorrow? Highly tempted but wondering how persistence the ugly base is vs. riding consistently soft.

Happy to battle the elements for the right conditions.
    Uno mas

Chowda>Rider
    7.6/10
    I'm upping mine to a 7.68/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Worth freezing for tomorrow? Highly tempted but wondering how persistence the ugly base is vs. riding consistently soft.

Pics above look legit. With the way this season has unfolded, "right conditions" are ones that don't involve pouring rain, bare ground, or sheets of bullet proof ice.

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Goniff View Post
    Pics above look legit. With the way this season has unfolded, "right conditions" are ones that don't involve pouring rain, bare ground, or sheets of bullet proof ice.
    I wouldn’t even be second guessing it if it wasn’t for some wind and a high in the low single digits for the forecast.

I also caught a “powder day” at Jay recently that was some of the most variable shit I’ve skied in awhile. Looks can be deceiving. Most of my days have looked like shit and skied great whereas that Jay day looked great and skied like shit.
    Uno mas

I wouldn’t even be second guessing it if it wasn’t for some wind and a high in the low single digits for the forecast.

I also caught a “powder day” at Jay recently that was some of the most variable shit I’ve skied in awhile. Looks can be deceiving. Most of my days have looked like shit and skied great whereas that Jay day looked great and skied like shit.
    I can’t speak for your ski threshold, but I didn’t point my skis downhill until after 1 and a 1/3rd of the run was some of the best this year, the rest was enjoyable but in a “fuck it, Rock skis and hope for no snakes” kind of way. I’ll make another lap tomorrow, hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    I can’t speak for your ski threshold, but I didn’t point my skis downhill until after 1 and a 1/3rd of the run was some of the best this year, the rest was enjoyable but in a “fuck it, Rock skis and hope for no snakes” kind of way. I’ll make another lap tomorrow, hopefully.
    My snow quality threshold is pretty low actually. Just hate ice. Care less about deep. Just want soft and consistent. Weather does alter my analysis.
    Uno mas

Rocks were found (by MNIAW) and some thin spots as well. However, all in all, it was a legit power day. The lack of pic sort of confirms that. The refills came and were still falling when we left at 4:30. I’d say that by the time they are done 10” will have fallen. Was it an epic nor’easter with 28”...no. Was it worth going, damn straight.

As for tomorrow, the cold and wind sound nasty. High of zero and wind chill to 25 below. It would be a heartier soul that’s me who would enjoy that.

^Way to get after it, especially so soon after a meltdown. You give us flatlanders hope

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Definition of SERIOUS CORE...

Thank you.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Chowda>Rider
    7.6/10
    You must cry when you see little kittens and puppies.