Page 128 of 165 FirstFirst ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 ... LastLast
Results 3,176 to 3,200 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    How many other people here grew up in Western MA?

There are actually a lot of Mags from WMass!

Sucks to hear about Blanford, Butternut just dumped soooo much money into the place.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    I thought you were local to Canon, whatcha doing on the Cape?
    I am really local to Cape Cod (live work etc), but Cannon is my home mountain and I work there and spend most of my winter and some of my summer (when Cape crowds drive me crazy). I had to go up and retrieve my gear post-closure from the employee locker room. Like most places, it was one day to the next and closed. I did not want to leave it there until the Fall because I like to ski Kton or other places before Cannon opens day after Thanksgiving. I also did not want it to get stolen like Sugarbush.

I understand locals upset when you see out of state plates, but don't be quick to pass judgement. First, often in New England in-state plates can come from further away than out of state, depending on your geography. Second, some "locals" have out of state plates. If someone was living there before Covid19, they should stay put, like a seasonal employee at a ski resort, hotel or restaurant. That includes lots of people who quickly moved to a second home right when this all started, as did many Cannon employees, and then stay put. There are definitely selfish fuckheads driving up to ski and hike for a day and not social distancing and ruining it for the rest of you all up there. My buddy is a MD in NYC and he is just shell shocked. Not just old people dying. Teenagers to middle aged who he knows will be dead by the end of the week gurgling on the ventilator. And that is coming to the rest of us (hopefully not). But if metro NY residents start fleeing the city and coming up here now... that's being a selfish asshole and exposing the rest of us. They need to quarantine for 14 days and not go to the supermarket. In MA now you cannot bring reusable bags into the supermarket.

As for skinning the local resort: don't shit on people who are newbs like some guy booting the entire mountain fully dressed for the downhill. Maybe he is local and new to uphill travel. No one here was born an expert, you learned by having helping phriendly pholks give you tips (from 6 feet away). Yes maybe you did it before it was all the rage, well good for you. I bet you saw Phish when they were playing in your mom's basement in Burlington and you blew Mike and Trey and did whatever else cool before it was. I distinctly remember skinning up Cannon one afternoon years ago when I was just getting into it and this old guy zoomed past me. I had plugged race boots unbuckled in Barons, wearing my jacket helmet, etc. I said "wow you are quick" and he gave me a few quick tips about putting some layers in a pack and pointed at his lightweight skimo kit and we chatted and he was cool about it. He did not take a pic of me and post it on the internet and point at me and laugh.

I guess don't be so judgy. Be smart about not spreading the virus. Be kind to others. My ski season ended early. My trail running and mtn bike season started early.

Sorry for the rant but there is just so much hate on the internet swirling around this. Yes there are plenty of folks who deserve the shame and I think the social media #staythefuckhome stuff is really helping. But just realize you don't know someone's story by looking at their license plate or gear. You really need to look at their anus. Really close. With a magnifying glass. Under the bright sunshine and start to burn it. Wear a face shield! I can't believe you read to the end that. I need to get my Packers jacket and hat and start my riding mower.

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    VT doubled Covid in 3 days. Stay home, stay away, keep our population safe. Seriously, Doctors here are sending N95 masks to NY and MA to help others. When doctors send shit south they don’t want people coming north, so stay the fuck home regardless of how pent up you are.
    Sounds familiar....

I’m in NEPA near Lake Wallenpaupack...our small lake community has been overrun by NY/NJ Covidvacationers coming to their summer homes....had to run to grocery store yesterday and lot was packed with all NY/NJ plates....the local workers were so pissed at the fuhgeddaboutits trashing/hoarding/completely emptying the shelves of the small local grocery store....

I see numbers here in Pike/Wayne county going way up in the near future. The locals are staying home/schools closed etc.....but the covidvacationers are bringing it here to spread as they start their summer vacations early.

The governors of those states are pretty quick to blame others in this national emergency......little do they know, the residents of their states are the ones not following the protocol of staying home...and they are the ones contributing to the spread.

Right on JH and think we are square from my earlier dickish comment.

Like NH and Vt we have a lot of second homes here in Maine. Usually it’s another six weeks before we see the influx. This year they are here now. I understand wanting to escape NYC, but hard to see all the plates here and thinking about disease spread.

Much worse to see the entitlement for likes posting on fb. Go have fun, just stop posting drawing others from away. With all the resorts closing to uphill sure Pinkham will be a greater shit show than most years

got out late yesterday afternoon for a skin with my son,fun but very manky.On the side of the trail there was this black spore like substance it was sort of jumping around,Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow mold.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	322473,any body know what it is?

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Right on JH and think we are square from my earlier dickish comment.

Like NH and Vt we have a lot of second homes here in Maine. Usually it’s another six weeks before we see the influx. This year they are here now. I understand wanting to escape NYC, but hard to see all the plates here and thinking about disease spread.

Much worse to see the entitlement for likes posting on fb. Go have fun, just stop posting drawing others from away. With all the resorts closing to uphill sure Pinkham will be a greater shit show than most years
    Pinkham should close the lot. Last thing anyone needs is a bunch of cods going up the rockpile and getting hurt.

Always called them snow fleas. Common this time of year

My beef is with the back and forth people, pick a bubble and stay in it.

That's not what is happening up here in CV though, friends of mine who live in So ME are doing the back and forth thing but don't see a problem with it. And they're kinda bent at seeing the MA/PA/NY plates around where they live.

If we get snow Sunday/Monday I fully expect an influx of people staying in their friends condo, shopping in our tiny grocery stores, posting pics online and heading south afterwards.

Fucking bubble poppers

Yes, JH. Sage words, but I still wince at the full parking lots and packed trailheads here in Acadia.

Sorry, folks. Parks Closed... Moose out front should've told ya.

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Public Safety Advisory Update:

Thu March 26

In support of federal, state, and local efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), all park roads, facilities, restrooms, carriage roads, campgrounds, visitor centers, and visitor services are closed effective Thu March 26.

• The state of Maine has declared a civil state of emergency and Governor Janet Mills has issued an Executive Order banning gatherings of more than 10 people and prohibiting dine-in service at bars and restaurants.
    • The Bar Harbor Town Council has declared a pandemic emergency and posted a statement online asking that, “everyone stay home and avoid unnecessary travel. The town’s tourist services such as food and bathroom services are very limited.”

• The National Park Service (NPS) urges people during this pandemic to adhere to guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and state and local public health authorities to protect visitors and employees.

• While outdoor spaces remain accessible to the public in accordance with the latest health guidance, visitors should seek out areas that are not crowded to allow for adequate social distancing. Stay at least six feet away from people outside your immediate household.
    • In the event of an emergency, nearby medical service providers are limited. Rescue response may be delayed. Each incident increases risks for park staff and local first responders.

We are closely monitoring COVID-19 with the federal, state, and local authorities. For updates, visit www.nps.gov/coronavirus
    Need Acadia Information?

Call (207) 288-3338 daily, 8 am to 4 pm, or email us. Off-season trip planning information is available online. There are no in-person services available for visitors at this time.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0114.JPG 
Views:	79 
Size:	386.0 KB 
ID:	322474  

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    My beef is with the back and forth people, pick a bubble and stay in it.

Fucking bubble poppers
    Yes, indeed. Fuck the bubble poppers.

ticket, I'll let you know when I get my bigger boats in for some Summer island picnic days. Love to host Mags on the Coast when it's safe to do so.

People need to stick within a bubble...that is not meaning all of a sudden drive to nh/vt/maine from nyc or boston...IF you have already been here at a second home stay here, if not stay home. The emergency services/hospitals are already stretched thin in mountain communities. I understand people want to get out of metro boston/nyc/etc.

East MF Coast 19/20.

^^^snow fleas

Who decides that? Since it's National Forest, not Sununu, right?
    I could see a local vigilante parking a logging truck across the entrance MadMax style. Would Gorham cops care?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Pinkham should close the lot. Last thing anyone needs is a bunch of cods going up the rockpile and getting hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

that bumper sticker is awesome. On Nantucket it would be interpreted as $10,000,000 isn't enough!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Who decides that? Since it's National Forest, not Sununu, right?
    I could see a local vigilante parking a logging truck across the entrance MadMax style. Would Gorham cops care?
    I don't know what the deal is up there. It's run by the AMC and they've closed the facility down, but I'm not sure who exactly is in charge or owns the lot.

Seems the governor could make it happen

yesterday was a nice day for laps at the Indian Lake nelsap. still gots enough snow.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96CBC996-042E-4EFC-9EAF-0C0A273C983E.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	485.6 KB 
ID:	322505

Name:	9147EB83-ECE4-4014-B0FE-5E2EB649F170.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	544.4 KB 
ID:	322506

Name:	37653B9B-853A-4793-AE94-40273120070C.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	627.7 KB 
ID:	322508

Name:	C3991D5A-A848-4D6E-A260-046FF96FE07D.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	587.8 KB 
ID:	322509

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Yes, indeed. Fuck the bubble poppers.

ticket, I'll let you know when I get my bigger boats in for some Summer island picnic days. Love to host Mags on the Coast when it's safe to do so.
    Sounds great.

We were just talking about how nice it would be to be isolating on a cruising boat right about now.

East MF Coast 19/20.

Today was ice out day on Granite Lake (SW NH). Only 1 case of COVID-19 in our county. Lots of out of state plates on our road but e’erybody acting cool. Some hot outastate college girls jogging/strolling around. Which doesn’t suck. Oh yeah, skinned/skied Magic on Tuesday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60704425630__0FCE3B3A-1FB9-4CE8-8D4B-015CBF2E83E6.JPG 
Views:	92 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	322574Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0096.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	210.8 KB 
ID:	322576

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Last edited by MyNameIsAugustWest; 03-28-2020 at 04:57 AM.

creamy in the sun, crunchy in the shade.....nothing like a warm sunny day on the slopes.

Name:  IMG_0181.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  264.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0192.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  289.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0200.jpg
Views: 670
Size:  275.3 KB

Updated bush rulz

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-28 at 8.14.28 AM.png 
Views:	95 
Size:	324.7 KB 
ID:	322622

Last nights plea from the Rangers

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 7.23.03 PM.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	494.9 KB 
ID:	322623

State Patrol made a very unusual pass through the neighborhood yesterday. Perhaps just a visual check for signs of break-ins?

As far a shelter in place, social distancing goes I was surprised the other night when I went for a walk how many 2nd homeowners there are up the hill. Over hours of sitting on the deck in the sun or looking out the windows watching skiers and the birds I have observed most of them are staying put and rarely going out.
    The white rig in the picture below, according to Airbnb rented the neighbors house for 17 days with a total of $13060 after tax/fees. They arrived the evening of the 15th from PA and the car hasn't moved until this morning. Other than some lights on and movement inside I saw last week walking home there was no one that had stepped foot outside until Thursday afternoon when I saw two kids under 10 playing outside. They are out/gone now which surprised me when the car was no longer there an hour ago.
    On the other hand the retired MA family just up the street who live mostly here [75%] have someone from NY staying with them that drives by 2 or 3 times every fucking day.
    The douchy full time family on the corner have a couple of their college daughters back in the nest and they are out and about all of the time and they had a deck party last Sunday with 5 cars of visitors.

I am doing my best and haven't driven anywhere since Monday but do need some fresh veg among a few other items.

Others are not able to follow the few bush regs, always see tons of dogs running around/shit on the hill, people hanging close, watched some park rats that set up a dodgy rail on Cats Meow, a couple of tailgates in the lot yesterday ect..

Name:	20200327_105106.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.30 MB 
ID:	322624

/endrant
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

^ This is why we can't have nice things
    go Go GO!

23-24: 63. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

https://soundcloud.com/ski-the-white...ch-mar-28-2020

Sounds like they're planning to close Tuckermans and Huntington in the near future.
    For Sale:

If you're in the Northeast and would like to borrow some Jigarex Plates I have:

Rossi/Look plates
    Salomon Warden 13 plates
    Marker Kingpin Plates

First ride of the season went down today and biking on the road is still not as fun as skiing.

Orange man told me the beaches are gonna be open by easter so can we still get a month of K and the bowl?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Two doctors at the hospital where my wife is a nurse have been diagnosed positive.