Page 64 of 165 FirstFirst ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 4121
    I'm moving around out west. I'm in an adk winter 21. Why do ppl smoke cigs inside in pindale? Fuck it. I'm skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Anyone hit McRasta Glades this weekend?
    Which ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He doesn’t care which ones. he’s attempting to make some hypocritical ethical statement about state sponsored glading, whilst he skis in a town/school sponsored glading environment, something he’s been paid to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    He doesn’t care which ones. he’s attempting to make some hypocritical ethical statement about state sponsored glading, whilst he skis in a town/school sponsored glading environment, something he’s been paid to do.
    Well if that is his intention I would argue that he should at the least be able to specify what area he is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Well if that is his intention I would argue that he should at the least be able to specify what area he is talking about.

Please don't attempt to bring reason to a rock fight. Thank you.

Nevermind. Talked to someone who was at one location. Which one did you go to?

Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    fahk.

itz snowing. i dont knoooow about yous, but i like snow. and skiing. whoop.

and yes. BMOM. so much yes. was going to go this wkend, but not enough base yet. wait till da woodz arrrr in, then go Go GO.

Woods were in as far as I was concerned. As they say marry your boots but date your skis! There all rock skis eventually! Damn those Beavers get after those woods! Great little hill. Let me know when heading this way. I'll be hitting up the place on Fridays for $25. It rocks.

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Passion is in the Risk

whatever the site is, dave's intention is to hammer whatever people went there to have a good time. because he's better then them. even when evidence shows the opposite. #narwhale
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    whatever the site is, dave's intention is to hammer whatever people went there to have a good time. because he's better then them. even when evidence shows the opposite. #narwhale
    I suck at skiing. I've never claimed to be good at it. Mediocre. I love it though. The little ECRC inner circle is something to behold. I'm here for pics and conditions.

Nevermind. Talked to someone who was at one location. Which one did you go to?
    None. But some friends went and provided me with a report.

No e, bubb! It’s Narwhal. Say it like an old salt, arrr ‘twas a Narwhal it ‘twas!
    crab in my shoe mouth

None. But some friends went and provided me with a report.

I heard low tide, high traffic. Good early. One line was down climbed. Too steep and boney. Braintree.

As for my ability..who cares. Skis have always been a tool to take me to the places I wanted to go. The fact that deep snow is magic is pure bonus, I would still be in the BC if I never learned....having less fun, but still enjoying the Green Mtns hidden, underwhelming treasures. My 6 seasons resort skiing was a requirement. I had fun there but I ditched the vert whore crowd pretty early on. Seriously, I just don't understand how someone could ski the same trails, same resort(s) for a lifetime, or even a decade. I went from having a weird reverence for the aging resort guys still banging away at the wheel going on 40-50 years, to just feeling really sorry for them and being sad to see them at the lift and listen to the same garbage about how good their run was when the reality is anything at the resort on all but the most primo days is nothing to brag about in Vermont.

Still I feel like I make a nice turn or two worth remembrance at the tail gait with a beer and a joint. Looking forward to some long tours soon....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190112_153617(0).jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.29 MB 
ID:	311637
    Name:  Loafing.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  93.5 KB

Name:	20190217_081515(0).jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	987.2 KB 
ID:	311640

Name:	storageemulated0Androiddatacom.sec.imsservicefilesSamsung Messages20190217_083209_1550501081918.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	311641

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by Laps View Post
    Up high is dreamy, down low is sketchy.

My skis are approx. 1/2 lb lighter due to the ptex I left on all the rocks.

Almost texted you this morning to see if you were going out today but decided to beat my bases up at Smuggs instead. 12:30-3:30 day and place was a ghost town. Lots of soft snow but also lots of base crunching exposure. Very liberal trail opening policies. The rumors of ON3P making strong bases appears to be holding true.
    Uno mas

Hmmm, what’s the term when you dislike ski areas but post photos of their side country? asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Snowboarder with shin and tibia fracture. Low tide, kids.

Back-country skiers/riders....please be careful. While the snow at higher elevations may seem epic (it’s probably not), near the bottom of that run we just don’t have much base.... hidden obstacles can be season-ending.

We pulled a snowboarder out of the woods yesterday with a fractured tibia. A hidden rock caused the fall....another hidden rock took out the shin bone.

Thanks to Mt Mansfield Ski Patrol and Cambridge Fire/rescue for the assist.
    Sorry to read this, heard the sirens as I was headed out but never saw where they went. Unfortunate but inevitable based on the steady stream of people I've seen going out there in recent weeks. I will stick to my 40"+ rule, which has been reinforced by several experiences/minor incidents over the last week while we were poking around in some less than ready areas below 2,750ft +/-...if only we had more elevation to play in above tha. As Laps, Greenstate and others have mentioned, up high is fabulous.

Doremite, let me know if you want to get out next weekend. Peruvian and I battled the thwack at Bolton Sunday, lots of fresh but not enough yet. Hopefully next weekend's storm brings a little refresh.

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Hmmm, what’s the term when you dislike ski areas but post photos of their side country? asking for a friend.
    I love Mansfield and Smuggler's Notch, the feature, not the resort. Best lines in the state, easily. Anyone fan boys SMR is a dumb fuck. Smuggs seems cool. They let us ride the double up to the pond for free when we came through late that afternoon. Best resort in the state, probably.
    That was such a good day. 100" at the stake, last year.

Name:	storageemulated0Androiddatacom.sec.imsservicefilesSamsung Messages20181208_122921_1544361720658.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	311649

Name:	20190217_105349.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	311650
    Name:  Basin.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  57.7 KB

I love Mansfield and Smuggler's Notch, the feature, not the resort. Best lines in the state, easily. Anyone fan boys SMR is a dumb fuck. Smuggs seems cool. They let us ride the double up to the pond for free when we came through late that afternoon. Best resort in the state, probably.
    Hmmmm! Still thinking, what’s the term?

Beautiful if cold day this Monday was. Lack of wind resulted in slightly more insulation than I needed, should have stuck with what I laid out originally. As always it is fun for me to get out in the forest even if it is resort sidecountry after a holiday weekend.

Name:	20200120_152634.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	311644

Skied really well as there was a base under the 10"+- of settled snow. Ventured 10` to the right where there was little to no base and it was the suck, wouldn't recommend it

Name:	20200120_150223.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	311645

Cat was stoked and said "lets do that one more time"

Name:	20200120_150332.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.88 MB 
ID:	311647

Sure was soft

Name:	20200120_150253.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	311646

Pleasant time Saturday sharing a pie and excellent ipa's in Brandon.

Name:	20200118_143543.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	677.7 KB 
ID:	311648
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hmmmm! Still thinking, what’s the term?
    Well. Keep at it and don't hurt yourself.
    ^Looks sweet! Nice pics. Bone zone off the well-tweezed avenues.

Smuggs seems cool. They let us ride the double up to the pond for free when we came through late that afternoon.
    Most likely Smuggs figured it was easier to get some Jerry’s off their hill and into Stowe rather than say no.

Most likely Smuggs figured it was easier to get some Jerry’s off their hill and into Stowe rather than say no.
    So.....how'd ya break your neck again Jerry?
    They sell a single ride, but the ticket sales folks had left for the day. I love the single ride tours. Sometimes it takes some finaggling. Nothing like some easy verts at the end of an epic. You can swing it on the tram as well, but wear street cloths to buy your single tram ride. Pro tip.

So.....how'd ya break your neck again?
    Hit a tree biking, and technically it was neck and back, how is this relevant to skiing?

Hit a tree biking, and technically it was neck and back, how is this relevant to skiing?
    Geez Jerry...maybe you should stick to the greens and blues.

I see where you’re going.. yeah broke the transverse process C5-T2 and l1-2(later diagnosis). However, unlike needing a lift to get to the top of a mountain after an “epic day” I walked and rode my ass out, drove home, washed the blood off my face, and drove to the ER.