Page 77 of 165 FirstFirst ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 4121
    28` and dead calm bob with 1/4" new fluffy snow overnight. Low cloud ceiling approx. 3k'.

Skins on skis that are chilling outside, bacon cooking and coffee hot.
    Slide Brook opens today for the first spin of the season.

While touring Thursday I heard this song and thought back to the days of the Eclipse Theatre in Waitsfield. Railroad Earth was the closest they had to a house band and would play 3 or 4 times a year. Clairvoyant guess is they wrote it hanging around the valley.

Yes! Skiing is fun!

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Anyone take an ON3P woodsman 108 or 116 for a ride? Thoughts?

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Anyone take an ON3P woodsman 108 or 116 for a ride? Thoughts?
    Limited time on the 96. Perhaps relevant:

If you are familiar w the Wren think slightly softer, more nimble in that they don’t crave the fall line as aggressively, tails a bit looser (due to mount point) and overall less demanding. I think of the Wrens as great for balls to the wall, full throttle all over the damn place skiing and Woodsman retaining an effective charge-ability but while allowing you to more easily control the pace and turn radius. They are flat out easier to ski without giving much up in comparison to the Wren unless 100% mach looney is your thing.

At 45 (read aging) and owner of Wrens (x4) all my future purchases are likely to be Woodsman and I like stiff and demanding skis. Very curious to ski the Woodsman 108 in comparison to my Wren 108.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Clairvoyant guess
    Kick-ass oxymoron.

My 9 year-old daughter just saw some vintage YouTube video about Poma lifts installed in Australia in the 60s. Now she wants to ride a surface lift... yeah kids. Still it’s an excuse to go somewhere new maybe. I think Pico has a rope tow, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it open since the Bonanza chair opened. Does Blandford have any - that seems like a place that should have one! We’re going to Tahoe in two weeks, but I don’t really want to ski Kirkwood just so she can ride the rope tow...

What hills in the East still have proper surface lifts - rope tows, pony tows, T-bars, Pomas? Magic carpets need not apply!

Quote Originally Posted by bjorn240 View Post
    What hills in the East still have proper surface lifts - rope tows, pony tows, T-bars, Pomas? Magic carpets need not apply!
    Black, Sugarloaf, (and now Saddleback!) in Maine all have T-bars.

East MF Coast 19/20.

My 9 year-old daughter just saw some vintage YouTube video about Poma lifts installed in Australia in the 60s. Now she wants to ride a surface lift... yeah kids. Still it’s an excuse to go somewhere new maybe. I think Pico has a rope tow, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen it open since the Bonanza chair opened. Does Blandford have any - that seems like a place that should have one! We’re going to Tahoe in two weeks, but I don’t really want to ski Kirkwood just so she can ride the rope tow...

Northeast Slopes in East Corinth, VT has aT-bar and rope tow. Old school cool.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0013.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	774.7 KB 
ID:	313402
    Soup stoke at Magic. Made by Mrs. MNIAW. I should weigh 300 lbs.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mmmm^^^

Ascutney just got their T-bar certified and they also have a rope tow.

This has been a rough winter for me so far, busy schedule, fast changing conditions, and a new puppy mean I've only gotten out once so far.
    To change this we are going a few weekends away in Vermont for some skiing. While Jay is a possibility, we both got Ikon passes we'd like to utilize so we are thinking Killington-Pico or Sugarbush.

We've got a friend we can crash with in Burlington, but with days so limited this winter we'll probably just get accommodations closer to the mountain.

I'm about to look into Airbnb this afternoon, but any hotel/motel/B&B's that are recommended in either of those areas? I've also stayed in/around Rutland when going to Killington, and I've never been to Sugarbush.

Lastly, am I wrong for just excluding Stratton?

Thanks guys!

East MF Coast 19/20.

You should check out the the bush but weekend are so crowded now
    Good luck
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    legend in my own mind

Straight up New England ice. Out for some shinny with the gang. CCM Super Tacks almost as good as Sl skis.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ADF59257-3FAA-4177-ADEF-BE7EA08289C2.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	543.1 KB 
ID:	313433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	39FC80A3-AABD-4843-B1ED-4020C7C61363.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	851.8 KB 
ID:	313434  

That ice looks amazing! Where?

Mrs P and I skied machine groomed, packed powder today. Props to Bolton for laying nice tracks down.

Name:	IMG_4887.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	236.7 KB 
ID:	313435

Thanks for the intel. Looks like I’m breaking out my tele sticks and my daughter and I will sneak away to Ascutney for a day of old school skiing and homemade sandwiches.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    That ice looks amazing! Where?
    Acadia outside of Southwest Harbor. Bobby Orr 4 Ever!

East MF Coast 19/20.

Burke has a J bar to a green and a decent sized Poma you can ski most of the upper mountain off of.

May just want to call to confirm the Poma is open to the general public when the mid Burke express is spinning. Typically used by the BMA folks but that may just be out of practicality. I know the public uses it in the rare occasion mid Burke is on wind hold.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Limited time on the 96. Perhaps relevant:

If you are familiar w the Wren think slightly softer, more nimble in that they don’t crave the fall line as aggressively, tails a bit looser (due to mount point) and overall less demanding. I think of the Wrens as great for balls to the wall, full throttle all over the damn place skiing and Woodsman retaining an effective charge-ability but while allowing you to more easily control the pace and turn radius. They are flat out easier to ski without giving much up in comparison to the Wren unless 100% mach looney is your thing.

At 45 (read aging) and owner of Wrens (x4) all my future purchases are likely to be Woodsman and I like stiff and demanding skis. Very curious to ski the Woodsman 108 in comparison to my Wren 108.
    Yeah, that sounds what I'm looking for. I'm older than you and don't ski fast unless I'm taking a groomer back to the lift...even then I don't really care about speed anymore. But I still want something that can hold an edge on shit snow yet float in pow as that is my primary goal (as is everyones) yet not easily attainable. I'll bushwack for three soft turns into closeout. It's quite dumb actually.

Thanks for your feedback!

East MF Coast 19/20.

Yeah, that sounds what I'm looking for. I'm older than you and don't ski fast unless I'm taking a groomer back to the lift...even then I don't really care about speed anymore. But I still want something that can hold an edge on shit snow yet float in pow as that is my primary goal (as is everyones) yet not easily attainable. I'll bushwack for three soft turns into closeout. It's quite dumb actually.

Thanks for your feedback!
    I’ll just add that my Wren 108s ski big and I consider them to be a more than ample pow ski for the east. Not much of a shit show snow performer and need 6”+ overnight to reach for them. Woodsman 96 likely a much more practical daily driver for the ec. vs the 108s or 116s you were seeking input for.
    Uno mas

FIFY

I'm older than you and don't ski fast unless I'm taking a groomer back to the bar.

Fun day at Magic today. Didn't see Benny. Did see MMP, MSB, Rusty, OG, and lots of non-TGR friends.

Life is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    FIFY
    Is this a complement or an insult?

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Is this a complement or an insult?

Both

Encountered some powder on a tour today,

Name:	IMG_6075.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	213.6 KB 
ID:	313449

so we packed it.

Name:	IMG_6082.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	313450

Name:	DSC05626.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	313451

Name:	IMG_6070.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	313452

Full disclosure, there was also some spotty breakable crust but nothing too serious.

Anyone know what conditions are like at Jericho-Cooley granite bc area?

Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I’ll just add that my Wren 108s ski big and I consider them to be a more than ample pow ski for the east. Not much of a shit show snow performer and need 6”+ overnight to reach for them. Woodsman 96 likely a much more practical daily driver for the ec. vs the 108s or 116s you were seeking input for.
    Yeah, my bc is a 110 MVP carbon with just enough camber to hold in shit conditions. Super light set up. My resort ski is 115 underfoot with camber. The thing rails but its heavy and old now. Before those I rode Mantra's for several years that were 96 or 98 underfoot? I forget. But being the ultimate powdah snob that I am I much prefer a fat ski today. I honestly don't ride groomers if that's the only option. I might snowboard to work on skills or go ride my bike if groom is the only option. Plus it's important for me to have a decent one ski quiver for the western trips.
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    FIFY
    Lick me! And I'm too cheap for the bar. Beers in the lot!