Page 147 of 165 FirstFirst ... 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
Results 3,651 to 3,675 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    FWIW - it’s also the best time to buy skis as MNIAW is trying to do.
    I have no problem with people traveling. MNIAW is always good with me. Huge fan.
    crab in my shoe mouth

FWIW - it’s also the best time to buy skis as MNIAW is trying to do.
    I am eyeing line sick day 104. They seem perfect. Light, not too fat. I like lengths in the 180-185 range. They only do 179 to 186. I am thinking 179 but getting below 180... There's a mental break there. Help?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Always go long.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Always go long.
    That's what she said. I have been going long for a while, then went short for touring skis and love them.
    I ordered 179, also because line runs long for the number. I had qst 106 in 181 last year and they never felt short east or west. On the other hand qst 99 in 188 felt long and hard to throw around in tight trees or steep hop turns
    I just really like light short skis for new England tight woods. I think the long ski thing is cockwaving unless you are railing groomers at mach 69.
    FYI Sick Day 104 are 355 at alpine vt shop right now. Use freeship for you guessed it free shipping.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Back to the skis I can move them from Rockland to Portland and probably on to Portsmouth for beers

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I travel because I don't want to get fired. Sorry if this offends your self-righteousness.

Let's see your degree beater. You seem so quick to foist your expertise upon others, let's see it. I'm following all guidelines as required by the CDC and the 2 states I live/work in.

This country is fucked because idiots are not doing what I'm doing.
    You are right and I am wrong.

It wasn't directed at you specifically, but it was and I did not mean it to be. It's the U.S. in general. I'm just so sick of it. I'm seeing too many people being devestated financially by this dragging out let alone the countless deaths to come. We should have taken extreme measures to begin with. Employers taking these PPP loans and still making people risk their health for more sales is beyond maddening. Again, my bad. Sorry for directing it toward you. And my degree...yeah, I was asked to leave english 101, hence the reason my posts are written so poorly.

Peruvian is gonna kick my ass next time he sees me.

Are endorsements from Buttah a good or a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Are endorsements from Buttah a good or a bad thing?
    I think it depends if you can cockwave while railing groomers at Mach 69 while taking your lap.

I only gauge people on what I know of them IRL. Buttah is a great human being.

No in-person experience but enough mags that I am great friends with say that Jackstraw is also. Good enough for me.

We need snow...truth.

Cat, lemme see if steved is willing to do a drop in Rockland. I'll PM you one way or another.

Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Back to the skis I can move them from Rockland to Portland and probably on to Portsmouth for beers
    Rockland, damn wish I had known before now that's where you are, the mrs and I usually get up there once a summer although probably not this yr for obvious reasons. Is Primo open yet? Best food anywhere in NE in my book, love that place!

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Peruvian is gonna kick my ass next time he sees me.
    You’re damn right

Your only hope is to ply me with Great Rhythm & Bissell Bros. until I forget why I’m mad at you.

You’ve been warned!

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    That's what she said. I have been going long for a while, then went short for touring skis and love them.
    I ordered 179, also because line runs long for the number. I had qst 106 in 181 last year and they never felt short east or west. On the other hand qst 99 in 188 felt long and hard to throw around in tight trees or steep hop turns
    I just really like light short skis for new England tight woods. I think the long ski thing is cockwaving unless you are railing groomers at mach 69.
    FYI Sick Day 104 are 355 at alpine vt shop right now. Use freeship for you guessed it free shipping.

Don’t be afraid to go short. I’ve recently owned or still own skis in 184, 179 and 175... and I’m 6’3”, 200 lbs. Granted, the 175’s are only 75mm under foot but they are the stiffest skis in my quiver. A short mid-fat ski is super versatile and fun in EC woods.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Yeah, Hyatt, IMO you're way too tall for 179. I ski 180s, and you've got several inches on me.

Unless, as Spanky suggests, you want these specifically for tight trees.

Or if you're gonna run slalom courses.

NOAA Climate Prediction Center just issued a La Nina Watch for Fall 2020/Winter 2021. For Vermont, that generally is good news.

Great. La Niña and la COVID. High Potential of self dick punch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Great. La Niña and la COVID. High Potential of self dick punch.

I'll drink to that!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200501_174954.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1,003.4 KB 
ID:	334097

Name:	20200501_230246.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	844.2 KB 
ID:	334098

Name:	20200501_225916.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	635.5 KB 
ID:	334099
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

JHyatt- you probably have different intentions for the skis, but a 179 sick day will feel like ski blades compared to those Parlors you got from me. But those parlors were pretty burly.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I'll drink to that!

Name:	20200501_174954.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	1,003.4 KB 
ID:	334097

Name:	20200501_230246.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	844.2 KB 
ID:	334098

Name:	20200501_225916.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	635.5 KB 
ID:	334099
    Are you gonna drink to a self dick punch or a season without all the kooks around?

You’re damn right

Your only hope is to ply me with Great Rhythm & Bissell Bros. until I forget why I’m mad at you.

You’ve been warned!
    POTD!
    Bissells to the rescue!
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I am eyeing line sick day 104. They seem perfect. Light, not too fat. I like lengths in the 180-185 range. They only do 179 to 186. I am thinking 179 but getting below 180... There's a mental break there. Help?

As a life long surfer it's all about the rocker. More rocker it'll ski shorter. If your regular groomers are 180-185 the 186's are a no brainer (if not longer). I went 8cm longer on my Rustler 10's vs my RTM 84's for instance and even though the powder skis are (ideally) for Magic woods, they turn plenty quick due to significant rocker and the length is no issue.

If you're comparing powder ski to powder ski, compare rocker.

Huge (hudge?) thanks to Cat in January for helping me get those skis moved from Maine to NH. Also big thanks to steved for being flexible and willing to drive a bit to avoid shipping hassles.

Hope we can link up one of these days at BMOM or Saddleback. Sad truth....I've never skied at Sugarloaf. Hopefully we can find a mid-week stretch in the winter to tick those off my list.

Back to the dickwaving at mach 69....

Quote Originally Posted by Self Jupiter View Post
    Well played!

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    As a life long surfer it's all about the rocker. More rocker it'll ski shorter. If your regular groomers are 180-185 the 186's are a no brainer (if not longer). I went 8cm longer on my Rustler 10's vs my RTM 84's for instance and even though the powder skis are (ideally) for Magic woods, they turn plenty quick due to significant rocker and the length is no issue.

If you're comparing powder ski to powder ski, compare rocker.
    I hear you on the rocker. For me it's also swing weight which is hard to get a sense of until actually skiing. Some skis feel more difficult to throw around than others. Also when a ski "skis short" well tight trees don't care. I see my kids ripping though tight trees in their little skis and it makes you think.
    I also lost a bunch of weight and shorter skis feel better.
    If I want them to be there tallest skis in the tram I can just rest then in my boot cuff.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

J
    If you want the best tree-skiing, lightweight, low swing weight, tons of rocker ski? Consider the Rossi S3. I suck and I ski them in tight trees in a 186. Are they old? Yep...last model year was 12/13. But they are far and away the best ski I've ever been on for 3D snow in the EC trees. Seriously, they turn like 165s but float extremely well even at the slow speeds I ski at. Super light for their length and girth, tip and tail rocker, and super easy to toss around.

Where could I find this unicorn of skis, you ask. I have a pair, brand new in the plastic that I bought last year but never got around to mounting. My other pair just keeps on keepin' on so I was thinking of releasing them. The price ($250) may seem a little high but as I noted above, for those in the know, these are unicorns. Rad in the tram but secretly, they turn like snowblades and float like fatties.

We haven't swapped gear in over a year so it's about time....BTW, I sold those G3 Onyx to iriponsnow.

Lemme know before I throw them up on Gear Swap.

Ok, Ok...

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    J
    I suck
    Are you also a sandbagger in golf??

love the description I found online of these unicorns....

" fatigue-free maneuverability, "

Intriguing!