Page 113 of 165 FirstFirst ... 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,825 of 4121
    Not much time left buns, no western spring trip and your lungs are frazzled already, lay your head down and sleep. Just surrender covid is coming for you.

This mornings sunny fresh air has me putting bunnydave on ignore. Troll away dbag
    Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 03-14-2020 at 06:35 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Not much time left buns, no western spring trip and your lungs are frazzled already, lay your head down and sleep. Just surrender covid is coming for you.

This mornings sunny fresh air has me putting bunnydave on ignore. Troll away dbag

Why are you deleting posts now. Are you well?

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    You're going to anal douche with DIPA? Anal chug?
    Who hurt you?

Yeah, I wanted to hit cannon as well, but ice skates would be tool of choice.

It is a mtn bike weekend.

just accidentally posted something from a few days ago.

thanks for the recent stoke. if anyone needs a twofer at WF i got you.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

nice day.... a tad windy, but nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D492FB0C-72E6-40FA-91C0-87555876DBC0.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	605.5 KB 
ID:	320229

How sweet is this? Fucking hot chocolate and hotdogs and I didn’t even have to buy the fucking condo. Yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CF7CA756-5D1E-475F-BFA6-8FE4260E856A.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	832.3 KB 
ID:	320266

^^ ha! there's somebody who knows how to make best use of chair time on a nice day [years ago i'd ski with a pack filled with food and beverages and go non-stop :0]
    where at? the snow looks good!

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    arrived at berkshire east at 2:45. a nice option with their 9-9 thursday hours.

learned they were closing early - at 4pm - and that was gonna be it for the season!

60 mile detour back to jiminy. arrived after 4 and enjoyed some fantastically hero corn. fast, surfy, playful and often pretty deep.

i usually listen to tunes while skiing.
    tonite i never did. wanted to be fully present.
    there'd likely be more bad news on the radio for the ride home.
    i let the skis run.
    savored every turn.
    to ski was good!

be safe everybody.
    ski hard.

reach out to loved ones.
    be kind to all.
    well, a little late but i checked berkshire's site today and there is indeed a statement on their early closing this past thursday.
    and thus, as our 'leaders' continue to stumble, issue confused and contradictory messages...and as we're STILL waiting for these 'millions' of test kits to materialize,
    a very clear and direct message from a regional business.

cool mountain - was hoping for just a couple more days there - but that they did the right thing will become more and more clear with each day.

https://berkshireeast.com/the-resort...nt-on-covid-19

March 12, 2020
    Closing for the winter season

To our Berkshire East and Catamount Guests and Employees:

Berkshire East will close for the season today, Thursday, March 12 at 4pm and Catamount Ski Area will not reopen this weekend. COVID-19 has been discovered in the surrounding hill towns and multiple people are being quarantined. To be clear, no known Berkshire East or Catamount customers or employees have been effected by this illness, but as the GM of these businesses, I have a responsibility to my employees and my customers to act swiftly to contain any potential virus spread in areas that I can control.

In 2006, I was buried in an avalanche in British Columbia. While being buried in that tumble of snow the only thing I could think of was “this isn’t worth it…” This experience informs me now as the only thought that comes to me is, “no ski turn is worth a life.”

My role in this business was given to me by my father who loves being at the mountain every day. His demographics put him at a higher risk than others. If I can’t recommend that he visit his facility, how can I ask anyone else to do the same? Our staff is our family. Our guests are our tribe.

Thus, with conviction, we believe that our businesses can be leaders (however small) in beating back COVID-19 from its current beachhead by immediately closing for what remains of the winter season.

There simply is no benefit to remaining open.

The best science shows that this type of aggressive mitigation is both inevitable and overwhelmingly in support of the public good.

We urge other business leaders and our elected officials to follow suit in continuing to aggressively close down public spaces so we can proactively begin to get this insidiousness behind us.

We send the full weight of our prayers to the healthcare workers and their families who are on the front lines of this battle. As this illness spreads exponentially, we must all take immediate action to “flatten the curve” in order to allow our nations health care workers to make effective headway against the current caseload of COVID-19.

We shout from our mountain tops that you can make a thousand daily impacts by washing your hands, not touching your face, practice social distancing and simply sit back while doing everything in your power to stop the spread.

This is certainly an inconvenience to our customers and will result in major changes for our staff. None of this is going to be easy and we are passing into unknown territories. But like any good skier knows, you beat back challenging situations by pressing forward into them aggressively and decisively.

Lastly, this is personal, I’m related to medical professionals working in hospitals with active outbreaks. We shut down out of love and support for these people and the staffs in these hospitals.

We are confident in the future. We will announce a reopening date for our whitewater rafting, zip lines, aerial adventures, and biking in the coming weeks as guidance comes down from the CDC, the NIH and WHO.

Jon Schaefer

Catamount Ski Area / Berkshire East Ski Area

SKI THA EAST! Gonna quarantine at Tucks if things get dicey. Don't tell anyone.

The double chair at MRG was skied really good today.
    The single was was an a ice rink
    Never seen it so empty.
    My grandson skied his first blue runs. What a great day!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	764.7 KB 
ID:	320299

What are the chances the guy at Springfield Hospital from Westchester County with Covid was skiing Okemo?

not ski related but i was checking out some cliffs north of montreal and there were some peregrines setting up their nest. pretty cool bonus to a nice day. tomorrow is going to shake out some fillings with the refreeze tonight, not sure if it would be best for fast xc, zooming groomers on the corona wheel, or getting in a last ice climb.

great stuff, yellofin!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    not ski related but i was checking out some cliffs north of montreal and there were some peregrines setting up their nest. pretty cool bonus to a nice day. tomorrow is going to shake out some fillings with the refreeze tonight, not sure if it would be best for fast xc, zooming groomers on the corona wheel, or getting in a last ice climb.

great stuff, yellofin!
    Doesn’t look like any ski hill closing yet for QC based on emails they been sending out, but that could change quickly. Git some while u can I guess.
    27° 18°

Planning on heading to Massif on Monday with the family.

Growing increasingly nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    The double chair at MRG was skied really good today.
    The single was was an a ice rink
    Never seen it so empty.
    My grandson skied his first blue runs. What a great day!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1265.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	764.7 KB 
ID:	320299
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post

great stuff, yellofin!
    POTD yellofin and awesome find ML, coolest birds on the planet imo.

Late Edit:

http://news.vailresorts.com/corporat...il-resorts.htm
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 03-14-2020 at 05:52 PM.

www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Planning on heading to Massif on Monday with the family.

Growing increasingly nervous.
    Heading to Massif also Monday. We were going to do 2 days there and then hit the townships, but our hotel there is closing. Going to hit whiteface and gore if they let us back in the country

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    What are the chances the guy at Springfield Hospital from Westchester County with Covid was skiing Okemo?
    High to very high. He’s isolated at his house in Ludlow, so...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

yellowfin was lucky to get the sunny day in with the grandkid. With Vail/Alterra out the smaller operators will fall like dominoes lest they get inundated by skiers. Normally a good thing, now, not so much.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

East MF Coast 19/20.

Welp looks like it’ll be a nice spring of skinning deserted mountains.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I can’t wait to skin up on a POW day and start coughing aggressively at the line up. First tracks bitches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hunter out

Tick tock tick tock
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    I can’t wait to skin up on a POW day and start coughing aggressively at the line up. First tracks bitches!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    No virus on a powder day!

Sent from my SM-G970U using TGR Forums mobile app

maybe easier just listing whats left open.....

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I guess tremblant is out then. That would be the first north of the border NE resort to close that I know of.
    27° 18°

Took Blue Mountain in Ontario with them too.

Near as I can tell the eastern resorts are waiting for directives from the government.

What are the odds that Massif let's us do shuttle laps?