Page 70 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 4121
    Cross post from gimp, any Boston mags can recommend knee doc/PT who works with skiers... Feel free to PM to avoid thread clutter. Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    There’s plenty of space in between those white patches to get fully rad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pffft! i've pondered MUCH more rad patch skiing on redline from the red chair

[QUOTE=Vt-Freeheel;5872243]Rocking out teh bush today with Jedi E [visiting from FL? for the week] His Bro Jedi N and their dad today. We encountered a variety of conditions including, BS,FG[many types],HP[in varying levels of hardness],IP,IS,LG,PP,TC and V. NO P was found.
    Not quite sure [not sure I could avoid all rocks like Lower Birdland so didn't try it] how to classify this open trail [Morningstar] Seems like everything[except snow].

This post made me dizzy

Since we live in groomerville these days here's what it's come to. We've got a demo cat from Pisten Bully up here this week that is laying down the most absurd cord I've ever seen, no joke.

One of the grooming supers has been sending out a text in the morning saying where it went the night before.

God I miss skiing powder

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Since we live in groomerville these days here's what it's come to. We've got a demo cat from Pisten Bully up here this week that is laying down the most absurd cord I've ever seen, no joke.

One of the grooming supers has been sending out a text in the morning saying where it went the night before.

God I miss skiing powder
    Hey, at least your home hill is grooming.

^^ bottleman's posted vid makes it simple:
    it's pow skiing or it's fuck-shit skiing.
    sums up the northeast pretty well for non-touron types.

MRG has done some sweet grooming in the past....deep tilled to corn-like perfection. hoping that's the plan for current stretch.
    closer to home jiminy does a nice job making lemonade.
    Last edited by buckethead; 01-24-2020 at 10:30 AM.

^^come to the Loaf then, it's certainly not fuck-shit skiing here. I skied really nice groomers from East to West this morning, Gondi from the top was great. Nitro should be online from the top this weekend.

Not sure how it will hold up for a weekend crowd but mid-week is pretty nice right now

^^ i'd LOVE to ski the loaf...but for the (guessing) 7hr drive from NY capital district. as it is i haven't made it as far as smuggs or jay in several years...

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^ i'd LOVE to ski the loaf...but for the (guessing) 7hr drive from NY capital district. as it is i haven't made it as far as smuggs or jay in several years...
    You've got a place to crash here anytime you want to head up, just might want to wait for reset #4 (or is it 5 now) to make the drive worthwhile.

missing peoples express these days.

thanks FD, much appreciated. yea, i've lost track. nutty winter. my feet were the coldest ever while on skis jan 9; two days later i had to open several windows as it was uncomfortably warm with the heat off. easily an 80-degree change in real-feel.

we've had snow on the ground for several days here but i can't for thd life of me tell you when it fell maybe i was up
    north.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    loved paying for the ticket like being on a bus

DUDE! you live in jersey. now you can ski EVERY DAY

and besides it's now been 5 years since the february 2015 snowmageddon. not only are we due for another after this tentative and fickle winter, but i missed most of that bounty stuck working late hours the entire month.

AND i just bought a couple of new snows.

oh wait, that's not supposed to help!

ok, going to the car wash tonite...getting THE WORKS: clear coat, undercarriage...scented foam shit

Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    ^^come to the Loaf then, it's certainly not fuck-shit skiing here. I skied really nice groomers from East to West this morning, Gondi from the top was great. Nitro should be online from the top this weekend.

Not sure how it will hold up for a weekend crowd but mid-week is pretty nice right now
    This may happen. Soon. Got to get the body ready for our FERNIE TRIP in lat Feb and the shitty offerings at the once Mighty, Mighty ain't cutting it.

Heading upta Loaf Sat night for Sunday... hoping for a few degrees colder to turn forecasted Chowder to Powder. Either way, Goliath eats.

North of the border, the low angle hardwoods were pretty sweet today. Sadly, the forecast is grim and it will likely all go to shite by tomorrow. This is truly a winter of moments.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Secret turns 1-24.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	249.8 KB 
ID:	312219
    "... Enjoy yourselves, keep your brain in your head and your head firmly attached to your body, the body active and alive, and I promise you this much: I promise you this one sweet victory over our enemies, over those deskbound people with their hearts in a safe deposit box and their eyes hypnotized by desk calculators. I promise you this: you will outlive the bastards." – Edward Abbey

Support Hinterlandian backcountry skiing: wwhsta.org

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    DUDE! you live in jersey. now you can ski EVERY DAY on
    scented foam shit
    True, ripping bumps in the meadowlands used to be reserved for dead shows..... whole different ballgame these days!

It’s coming.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

seems like it just solidly flipped to the shittier model for this storm if you were holding out hope (like i was).

30` calm wind and overcast skies bob. Shittier model indeed is coming, surprising # of people around for the weekend.

Chickpea Lemon and Orzo soup was very tasty and paired well w/ the grilled cheese and Comet Session Ale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200124_164041.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	312238
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Hey, I had that for apre the other day! Lawsons has really upped their game in the food dept..
    Looks like they burnt your toast a bit, though.

Jesus. Even the toast gets the eeyore treatment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Jesus. Even the toast gets the eeyore treatment
    Did you hear about Benny's waiter last night?... Walks over and asks, "Is anything okay?"
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

True, ripping bumps in the meadowlands used to be reserved for dead shows..... whole different ballgame these days!
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    heh

That's a funny Jewish joke. I'm Catholic.

Lulz ^^^

Just like my slice, I like a nice crisp on the cheese, thank you.

bush south lot full and snorth at 2/3 full, lots of folks getting it before the rain, speaking of which my prediction is a lot of crashes this afternoon when teh FR hits.
    Must be fun at snorth today with the GMX down due to a fire in the drive terminal yesterday. Lift has been running on the diesel drive for weeks after a lightning strike fried a panel they can't get from Poma, waiting for someone to make one currently.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime