Page 139 of 146 FirstFirst ... 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 3,451 to 3,475 of 3629
    we are still locked up here. I tried to go climb some chossy crap close by but they closed the gate on the lot and had a mall cop watching it.

I did find a skate park that isn't on lockdown but nobody wants to hear about that
    They got a name for the winners in the world

http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    ^^ha! i wanted to check the new terrain but alas this was discouraged/snow not expected there.

nice views/pics

was there a good amt of continuous snow? may head back soon.
    Overlook is the trail that has the most snow (brand new snow making system + direct north-facing) - I lapped around 500' vert with one interruption which required side-stepping over rocks.

I would guess that's shorter than minya, but its relatively steep with a nice consistent pitch which lets you arc some nice turns.

Snow was a bit suncupped in the morning, but once it saw some traffic, it smoothed out nicely and as the clouds came in in the afternoon, it didnt overcook.

I did one lap to the top via the Belt Parkway, but that had multiple interruptions depending on your propensity to send it over rocks and gravel - I am working with a relatively flimsy and relatively new touring ski, so mine is low.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    we are still locked up here. I tried to go climb some chossy crap close by but they closed the gate on the lot and had a mall cop watching it.

I did find a skate park that isn't on lockdown but nobody wants to hear about that
    I feel your pain bro. Share the skate park pics. We’re desperate enough for anything at this point

friend in PA walking her toddler: hey what kind of snake is this?

Attachment 327275

i told her it was a copper head. am i wrong? it doesn’t have the distinct pattern but sure looks like one to me.
    I’m gonna say milk snake bit who knows? I’m not gonna admit to any past misdeeds but let’s just say: once you’re outside my genus, all bets are off. Shovels are plentiful.

East MF Coast 19/20.

Yes, we have copperheads and timber rattlesnakes here in NEPA......copperheads tend to be in certain areas here.....along the Delaware River......been here all my life, never seen one up close in the woods. Rattlesnakes we definitely see....Copperheads we know are around, but rare to see/find.

Head bigger than “neck” indicates venomous....so from pic, I would say copperhead....very stout/thick body as well.

Milk snake has very similar coloring...but head is same size as “neck”. The milk snake gets “shoveled” a lot around here cuz it is misidentified....lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Yes, we have copperheads and timber rattlesnakes here in NEPA......copperheads tend to be in certain areas here.....along the Delaware River......been here all my life, never seen one up close in the woods. Rattlesnakes we definitely see....Copperheads we know are around, but rare to see/find.

Head bigger than “neck” indicates venomous....so from pic, I would say copperhead....very stout/thick body as well.

Milk snake has very similar coloring...but head is same size as “neck”. The milk snake gets “shoveled” a lot around here cuz it is misidentified....lol.
    Fairly certain on the copperhead over milksnake also. I grew up with the Delaware as my backyard and the Delaware and Raritan canal as my front and both where fairly common along with black racers, rat snakes among others. Never saw rattlers in the immediate area but used to see quite a few canoe camping further north around the water gap. We had a neighborhood kid that would catch young snakes, including copperheads, swimming in the river bare handed, we used to call him Wrangler, name ended up sticking thru HS. Easter one year when I was probably 10-11 and outside at my grandparents in Hunterdon Co. I watched what I thought was milksnake come out of the ground around a rock wall, as I went to pick it up with a stick it lunged at me fangs on full display just brushing my pant leg as jumped back, clearly not a milk...never forgot that lesson again! That one ended up with the shovel treatment from my grandfather.

Quote Originally Posted by BGSTi_403 View Post
    Overlook is the trail that has the most snow (brand new snow making system + direct north-facing) - I lapped around 500' vert with one interruption which required side-stepping over rocks.

I would guess that's shorter than minya, but its relatively steep with a nice consistent pitch which lets you arc some nice turns.

Snow was a bit suncupped in the morning, but once it saw some traffic, it smoothed out nicely and as the clouds came in in the afternoon, it didnt overcook.

I did one lap to the top via the Belt Parkway, but that had multiple interruptions depending on your propensity to send it over rocks and gravel - I am working with a relatively flimsy and relatively new touring ski, so mine is low.

thanks for the beta BGSTi ...may have to swing by base of north next time.

Both are listed as being in Northern NJ too. While I have yet to see any copperheads, I have seen timber rattlesnakes on several occasions (quite possibly more than I've seen bears on the trail). Here's a video of a monster from Ringwood a few years ago. It was leisurely crossing the trail right in front of me...

Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Spot on with this......Looking for a house up at LW this summer when we can get out again......
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Fairly certain on the copperhead over milksnake also. I grew up with the Delaware as my backyard and the Delaware and Raritan canal as my front and both where fairly common along with black racers, rat snakes among others. Never saw rattlers in the immediate area but used to see quite a few canoe camping further north around the water gap. We had a neighborhood kid that would catch young snakes, including copperheads, swimming in the river bare handed, we used to call him Wrangler, name ended up sticking thru HS. Easter one year when I was probably 10-11 and outside at my grandparents in Hunterdon Co. I watched what I thought was milksnake come out of the ground around a rock wall, as I went to pick it up with a stick it lunged at me fangs on full display just brushing my pant leg as jumped back, clearly not a milk...never forgot that lesson again! That one ended up with the shovel treatment from my grandfather.
    down around our old ski bump (bell Mtn ) there were alot of copperheads in that lambertville area...... nasty bastards
    always forward but never straight

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker/boarder View Post
    down around our old ski bump (bell Mtn ) there were alot of copperheads in that lambertville area...... nasty bastards
    Hey man, long time hope all is well down there! Didn't you guys have a twister around you a few weeks back?

Exactly where wrangler used to do his hand catching, just below the falls in a little eddy where the current swirled around and you could always find them on the rocks/in the water late spring/early summer.

The Wrangler, I love it.

the timber rattlers are cool. Whenever I have seen them they move over and want to be left along like in the video ^^^.

But whenever I've seen a copperhead in the gunks they always seem way more 'stand your ground' and looking to fight. Same with the black racers and rat snakes. Even though those aren't venomous, it's not like I want to get bitten by anything out there.

I can't really advocate for the shovel treatment in the woods but I'd probably feel differently by my house with a three year old although it probably depends on the three year old.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Both are listed as being in Northern NJ too. While I have yet to see any copperheads, I have seen timber rattlesnakes on several occasions (quite possibly more than I've seen bears on the trail). Here's a video of a monster from Ringwood a few years ago. It was leisurely crossing the trail right in front of me...

Yeah, Timbers are all over the place up here in the hills of Pike County....up in the rock outcropping/forest habitats.....whereas the copperhead is more down in the lowlands along the Delaware river in NEPA/NWNJ.....

Lots of buddies are builders/excavators.....their stories of disturbing rattlesnake dens during construction is always interesting.

Buddy of mine...got a real bad bite when putting his foundation in....(Greeley, PA) was working on it right over a den of rattlers.....yikes!

AW YEAH! Montreal residents are allowed off the island again. Will the avalanche danger be too high to ski sun cups at Tremblant with 8cm of fresh on Friday?

Will the avalanche danger be too high to ski sun cups at Tremblant with 8cm of fresh on Friday?
    I mean, it's no mighty mighty, but still, sounds like you'll be entering...
    go Go GO!

19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

AW YEAH! Montreal residents are allowed off the island again. Will the avalanche danger be too high to ski sun cups at Tremblant with 8cm of fresh on Friday?
    If you go, keep it on the DL that you are from the city. They're burning cell towers in the Laurentians, I am assuming because of worries 5g is giving them Covid. Shits getting crazy up there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ebec-1.5554289
    24° 06°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    If you go, keep it on the DL that you are from the city. They're burning cell towers in the Laurentians, I am assuming because of worries 5g is giving them Covid. Shits getting crazy up there.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montr...ebec-1.5554289

Pretty much going from any city to any rural area and being loud about it is taking your life in your hands nowadays. Even tourist central around here, people are biting the hand that feeds without hesitation. I'm super sketched about going anywhere and doing anything, and I live here... But people are also throwing caution to the wind with the warm weather, as if sunshine means you're good to go. Sunday it was like 70 here and everybody was out grilling in big groups, hanging out in parking lots together, meeting up with friends to go fishing and generally just doing dumb shit because they're bored. I'm honestly at a loss for how stupid- and downright mean when it comes down to it- the majority of society really is now- and that's not to confuse an individual being active with the groups I'm describing- there's plenty of ways to get out and be safe, I'm just seeing a ton of people who don't give a shit.

The reaction to this virus is just the tip of humanity's capriciousness, and we're about to slam full bore into that iceberg IMO.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    Pretty much going from any city to any rural area and being loud about it is taking your life in your hands nowadays. Even tourist central around here, people are biting the hand that feeds without hesitation. I'm super sketched about going anywhere and doing anything, and I live here... But people are also throwing caution to the wind with the warm weather, as if sunshine means you're good to go. Sunday it was like 70 here and everybody was out grilling in big groups, hanging out in parking lots together, meeting up with friends to go fishing and generally just doing dumb shit because they're bored. I'm honestly at a loss for how stupid- and downright mean when it comes down to it- the majority of society really is now- and that's not to confuse an individual being active with the groups I'm describing- there's plenty of ways to get out and be safe, I'm just seeing a ton of people who don't give a shit.

The reaction to this virus is just the tip of humanity's capriciousness, and we're about to slam full bore into that iceberg IMO.
    As an ER nurse, it absolutely amazes me how fuqing apathetic people are. And the young will be fine attitude is loosing traction. There are more and more reports of tweens with heart failure / cardiac arrests similar to Kawasaki disease, this thing is not going away.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

haha!

"its not my fault!"

Best HS quote.
    24° 06°

Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    If you go, keep it on the DL that you are from the city.
    i am a pro at the laurentians

'it's an older code sir but it checks out'

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I'm super sketched about going anywhere and doing anything, and I live here...
    just read a story on the bbc of a security guard in flint getting murdered because he asked a family to respect store rules and to cover their faces before entering a store. i don't plan on going to flint soon but it's amazing how fast shit can turn ugly. i remember after sandy a guy wanted to fight me because he thought i cut him off going for the pump in PA.

we are a savage species and i hope to be posting from a self sufficient bunker on lake and next to a mountain some day.

holy shite, this is a lot of snow left on MSA

Name:  mont-sainte-anne.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  97.7 KB

holy shite, this is a lot of snow left on MSA

Name:  mont-sainte-anne.jpg
Views: 578
Size:  97.7 KB

daaaang! that looks great. you can ski right to the lift ;0]
    glad you got out.

i wish! just surfing web cams plotting an escape. Mont Saint Anne is a little far for an impact free covid trip but it looks mid winter (if you squint)!

It was flurrying at home so I checked the Bush cam and found an inch or two down higher up. More importantly, are they connecting back to the lift?

ETA: can upload photos for some reason.

https://www.sugarbush.com/mountain/webcams/