Page 150 of 165 FirstFirst ... 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
Results 3,726 to 3,750 of 4121
    Dentist Dave wouldn't be friends with Bunny

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Since keg sales have dropped to almost nil with all the bars closed for the last 3 months, lots of breweries increased canning and distribution. Fiddlehead IPA in cans was almost non-existent in March (even in VT) and now it's everywhere. I expect that supply to dwindle now that bars are opening back up in VT. Get it while you can!
    restaurants are open and business is way down. most people only use outdoor seating. restaurateurs are bleeding money right now

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    restaurants are open and business is way down. most people only use outdoor seating. restaurateurs are bleeding money right now
    It's going to be a long winter. I feel horrible for all these restaurant owners and employees.

I'm in the camp of shut the whole damn country down for two weeks and see where we end up. I realize it's a pipe dream in the U.S.(especially cities), but I think it would do a lot of good. Then continue the pandemic protocol of washing, social distancing, masks, and cleaning common areas until we get a vaccine.

Not an epidemiologist, I think 6 week lockdown is needed. 1 week to shake out all the no masks people, 2 weeks to process infections, 1 week to contract trace, 2 weeks of actual quarantine. That said it’s not going anywhere, we all have to realize until a vaccine and 80-90% are inoculated or a better way to mitigate the virus is found this shot is going to suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Not an epidemiologist, I think 6 week lockdown is needed. 1 week to shake out all the no masks people, 2 weeks to process infections, 1 week to contract trace, 2 weeks of actual quarantine. That said it’s not going anywhere, we all have to realize until a vaccine and 80-90% are inoculated or a better way to mitigate the virus is found this shot is going to suck.
    Truth.

Our culture isn't designed to beat this thing. We get it but so many do not. Playing the hermit until something good happens.

https://www.wmtw.com/article/saddleb...-2015/33436053

Some sick footy of concrete pouring if you can sit through the ad. Fingers crossed for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

They got the state to underwrite their loans, not too worried about them

Wow, $38M. Can't even imagine the ROI on that. Hope to ski there this coming season.

Hope to ski there this coming season.
    Me too! I bought season passes for the family and I. Happy to show Mags around if/when skiing happens again. If anywhere can open and run during a Covid winter, I put my money on BMOM and Saddleback.

Quote Originally Posted by Abol98 View Post
    https://www.wmtw.com/article/saddleb...-2015/33436053

Some sick footy of concrete pouring if you can sit through the ad. Fingers crossed for them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    thanks for posting. Great to hear some positive and promising ski area news in the midst of the pandemic. Magic and Saddleback are giving me hope for the future. Now if everyone would just wear a fucking mask (sorry to digress.....)

Progress in The Zone.
    GF is good below 3100'. The bigger stump of a pair of former blowdowns awaits removal at that level. The bigger double blowdowns at 3180' are already down and clean. The recent storm seems to have played nice to that elevation, no idea what's new between there and 3460'.
    The sad truth is that whine does not age well

Saddleback has a nice 3 day ticket pass on sale for another month that has COVID closure protection.

If the ski season were to start today in Maine I don’t think it would happen. Massachusetts residents need to quarantine fourteen days. Inside gatherings limited to 100 so how would that work with a lodge. Sure mags can boot up at the car drink a beer on the lift and tailgate at the end of the day but doesn’t work for a family and no food or bar money with lodge limited to a hundred. Going to be a lot of pressure to change the rules. No way I am going in the lodge. If I have to crap I’ll crap where the bears go

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Saddleback has a nice 3 day ticket pass on sale for another month that has COVID closure protection.

If the ski season were to start today in Maine I don’t think it would happen. Massachusetts residents need to quarantine fourteen days. Inside gatherings limited to 100 so how would that work with a lodge. Sure mags can boot up at the car drink a beer on the lift and tailgate at the end of the day but doesn’t work for a family and no food or bar money with lodge limited to a hundred. Going to be a lot of pressure to change the rules. No way I am going in the lodge. If I have to crap I’ll crap where the bears go
    It will also be hard to run kids ski programs.

The only times I spend any time in the lodge is with the kids. While they can certainly boot up in the lot, the speed when the walk in ski boots is painful. I know many hockey arenas are putting up tents outside to dress in, maybe ski areas will put up large tents at the base area to put boots on and store backpacks.

I know there's a sticky thread for this but don't know how many of you check out the Props To thread....will cross post there

I want to publicly thank EC mags steved and Cat in January for the excellent bucket brigade movement of the skis I bought from steved. Cat graciously offered to try to get the skis from steved and offered to move them as far as Portland where my nephew could grab them for me (my sister lives less than an hour from me so that will likely be the ultimate transloading spot). Steved linked up with Cat halfway between their 2 abodes; he didn't have to do that and I really appreciate it. Cat then contacted my nephew and coordinated a linkup in Portland on one of his regular trips there.

Saved me a 5-hour drive each way and/or prevented me from having to pay for shipping.

I will be repaying Cat in beer when I see him (hopefully soon) and with good vibes and karma until then.

We have a solid crew up here and if you don't get out and actually meet some of these nutjobs, you're really missing out.
    Karma. You did a solid for me a couple of summers ago in muling/gathering VT beer for me. Glad to see the community at work!
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post

Cat, they're doing that 15 minute test (if you can get in) just over the border in York. If you pass that I think you are free to go? They're advertising it on the radio and I assume it's some hotel/motel/Inn board of tourism or whatever as they mention it's needed for lodging.

Two large school districts down here just announced "remote only" with some exceptions like IEP's.

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Cat, they're doing that 15 minute test (if you can get in) just over the border in York. If you pass that I think you are free to go? They're advertising it on the radio and I assume it's some hotel/motel/Inn board of tourism or whatever as they mention it's needed for lodging.

Two large school districts down here just announced "remote only" with some exceptions like IEP's.
    But for weekend warriors, I'm not sure how viable testing every Friday night is. Between kid's seasonal programs and weekend instructor types, that's got to have a significant impact on operations.

I know there are plenty of smart folks in the ski industry trying to figure this out, but I don't mind not being in their shoes right now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

My kids are in one of the closed districts- what worries me is there is no clear criteria to reopening.

I would expect the bush to cancel the blazer programs as most of the kids come from out of state, many from areas that are or have been red zoned. There is no way to ensure that the hundreds of kids in the program are following the rules. And if they do run these programs the line cutting privileges need to be cut as the line is going to be bad enough with half full or less chairs going up.
    The lack of foreign workers, 110 last season, will hurt and I don't think there will be a lot of out of work people knocking the doors down to apply for lift attendant jobs. Best thing would be to push those blazer coaches into lift ops.[ sorry skifish]
    Food, I could care less as I never spend more than $20 a year living slope side. Will miss the occasional beer in the pub, but the fridge has beer and I have a pack that can fit-a-brew.

Latest words of wisdom from bush/mrg

yes-virginia-there-will-be-a-ski-season

Get your fitness level up and gear in order for touring.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

The Swedish model is looking better all the time. At least from the futile hope and dream of lift served skiing this winter.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    The Swedish model is looking better all the time.
    Swedish models always look better.

Down here in MA, the governor talks a lot about transmission rates and infection rates and college kids having 101 people at a BBQ rather than 100. (So, like a spiteful kindy garten teacher, he has decreed that outdoor gatherings will be cut back to 50 people - because some BAD APPLES have RUINED IT for the rest of us. Harumph.) But what I don't hear him mention is the death rate. That's basically all I care about. How many people are getting their lives permanently effed up, or entirely lost, due to infection? Because there are a lot of people - those restaurant owners, for example - who are getting their lives permanently messed up trying NOT to get infected.

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    Swedish models always look better.

Down here in MA, the governor talks a lot about transmission rates and infection rates and college kids having 101 people at a BBQ rather than 100. (So, like a spiteful kindy garten teacher, he has decreed that outdoor gatherings will be cut back to 50 people - because some BAD APPLES have RUINED IT for the rest of us. Harumph.) But what I don't hear him mention is the death rate. That's basically all I care about. How many people are getting their lives permanently effed up, or entirely lost, due to infection? Because there are a lot of people - those restaurant owners, for example - who are getting their lives permanently messed up trying NOT to get infected.
    Not sure I understand your post completely, but there is potentially more to this than "just" the death rate. And wtf is a spiteful kindy garden teacher?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...arm-scientists

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    Not sure I understand your post completely, but there is potentially more to this than "just" the death rate. And wtf is a spiteful kindy garden teacher?

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020...arm-scientists
    Sure. Throw all that stuff into the bucket of "lives permanently effed up." My point still stands, I think - what %age of infected people suffer those consequences? Maybe our decision makers know, and maybe they take that information into account, but I don't hear them talking about it. This gives the appearance that they are making decisions based on incomplete information, or the wrong information. Again - I don't know if that's the case, but that's what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    Sure. Throw all that stuff into the bucket of "lives permanently effed up." My point still stands, I think - what %age of infected people suffer those consequences? Maybe our decision makers know, and maybe they take that information into account, but I don't hear them talking about it. This gives the appearance that they are making decisions based on incomplete information, or the wrong information. Again - I don't know if that's the case, but that's what it looks like.
    Do you think anyone knows the answers to the questions you are (and every other person on earth) looking for? This shit is going to take time.

Still not sure about your 'kindy garden teacher" comment. Sounds like you're against teachers concerned about their work environment? Maybe not, but it kinda feels that way.

I took it as a dig on the guvnor, not on teachers.

Anyway, strawjackstraw is right. Nobody knows the answers and we likely won't for a coupla years.

Being in the Army and living in austere conditions for months on end trained me well for this. At least I can drink beer on this deployment.

At least I can drink beer on this deployment.
    Amen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk