Page 60 of 165 FirstFirst ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    Ripsaw twig thrashing was on today!

What show?
    The triumphant return... First gig of Summer Tour 2013 in the Great State. For your desktop listening pleasure on a cold and windy morning... it’s a heater!

It is the age of miracles!!!

-3 wind gusting to 19mph bob -15` summit, guns finally running on Steins this am.

Get after it!
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

-4 “feels like” -20 here in the adk. One of those mornings it hurts to breath too deeply

Speaking of heater Phïsh shows, 12-30-97 was the full show of the day yesterday on Sirius. So good.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    The Swiss Freeride Company!
    Indeed, I'm a fan...even have spares. Jester demo tracks on one pair of rising sun if Mags make it over to Maine and want to give them a try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4199.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	533.2 KB 
ID:	311086  

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Fuck yes, indeed. Love the original Vertical's.

Quote Originally Posted by crank54 View Post
    Definitely need a Ragged day! Need more Southern storms first though. I bet Ragged is... ragged.
    Pretty much brown before the 5" of heavy stuff yesterday. Maybe another 6" by Sunday morning?

It's fucking cold, full stop.

I just had four fun days on the hill, happy to be driving the desk this morning

Must be sweet up high

9:27 AM

* GMX, North Ridge, Inverness, and Summit Lifts are on windhold*
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

That's a lovely accent you have, New Jersey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Good posts except for Eeyore, thankfully he is going to Deer Valley soon to poke around in some low angle trees.

Great snow on the groomers this morning for sure. Warmish overnight upped the density level so it skied deep anded packed in well. Steins had filled in troughs and was legit deep powder bumping though by the third run lots of rocks and grass were showing in a bunch of places, but easy to avoid.

Well covered trees from the freezing precipitation yesterday topped with new fluff, wind rolled in at 10:20 or so to strip and refresh.
    early report claimed snowmaking on Murphys, Birdland and Steins. Yea right, not a flake today, but a snowmaker walked down shaking snow off the hoses.

Attachment 311029

Some D-bag poachers "skied" in off Jester over the hoses on Birdland and fell down Lower Birdland to the amusement of the chair people.
    Lower mountain natural terrain is not the best place to be and requires knowledge of where any ribbon of snow was before the meltdown, rock skis and luck.

Attachment 311031

Installing a shower door tomorrow, thankfully, otherwise I would be concerned with wind overnight, the cold drying the snow out and wind/cold on the hill. Saturday morning is going to start out crazy cold and be a skied off shitshow by 11:15.
    Saw a skier getting a sled ride at 11 and an ambulance arrive around 1 for a pickup. Be Careful out there.

I'm just....

...You gunna be out tomorrow, fending off the kooks from New Jersey?

My kid was one and done, and I wouldn't have kept going more than a couple of runs if he hadn't been in full "I'm really cold" meltdown. The wind picked up and made it just too raw to enjoy what indeed felt like a double digit dump. No lines at Mt. Blow. So cold that the liftie didn't bother to scan anybody.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Seconded. I only had two on the hill this week, but yesterday was one of them, and conditions were pretty darn good (at least for freeskiing, the race training took a bit of effort to pull off).

Now I'm wishing I could type with gloves on, because I can feel the draft on my hands while inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Aw bun buns. Sorry, gotta splurge on a good bottle if Barolo and fine food before you snuggle up there, big guy.

I didn't ski anywhere. I have a life outside living in dismal Vermont and getting a hard on over six inches on crust. How depressing it must be coming back to your shack in the woods.
    You think Vermont sucks and skiing the EC is garbage. Its beneath you. We are all simple minded peasants who enjoy pathetic mountains and conditions. You are a master of the universe who skis nothing but the best. Understood.

What I don't understand is why you live in this thread. Read the title. You aren't interested. Maybe just fuck off?

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Indeed, I'm a fan...even have spares. Jester demo tracks on one pair of rising sun if Mags make it over to Maine and want to give them a try.
    Those rising suns look like my old pair...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    You think Vermont sucks and skiing the EC is garbage. Its beneath you. We are all simple minded peasants who enjoy pathetic mountains and conditions. You are a master of the universe who skis nothing but the best. Understood.

What I don't understand is why you live in this thread. Read the title. You aren't interested. Maybe just fuck off?
    How could anyone think Vermont sucks? It's different than other places, but it most certainly doesn't suck.

Benny needs to come visit me in Ontario to reset his suckometer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Those rising suns look like my old pair...
    Yes, the cheap mag deal years ago seems to have seeded the forum with Goliaths, especially the PNW. They are slowly migrating East and I am giving them a good home.

Yes, the cheap mag deal years ago seems to have seeded the forum with Goliaths, especially the PNW. They are slowly migrating East and I am giving them a good home.
    Glad to see them in a loving home! Kinda regret selling. Such a good ski. Feed them the speed they desire!🤙🏻

East MF Coast 19/20.

I pulled off 10 nonstop Sterling laps from 10:30-1:30 today at Smuggs. Great snow but thin cover. Cold? Yes. Too cold to ski? No.

It did take two hours for my toes to thaw and staying warm was a constant effort but glad I went for it.

Temp of neg 1 when I pulled into Lot 1. Bumped all the way up to 2 by the time I left. You could avoid the wind which was key to survival.

While I attempted to avoid exposed ski. It appears I’ve suffered some light frost bit on tip of nose and cheeks. I don’t like face masks but did my best to keep my face buried in my jacket.
    Uno mas

^^ sweet man! Def beats not skiing.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    It appears I’ve suffered some light frost bit on tip of nose and cheeks. I don’t like face masks but did my best to keep my face buried in my jacket.
    Vaseline, for more than just.... you know.

^^Good getting after it. Hoping this weekend makes amends for past atrocities.

East MF Coast 19/20.

It’s pretty light. I don’t think it will scab over. Downside of skiing solo in these temps as you’ve got no one to tell you your face is white. Thought I was on it as far as protection goes but hard to rely on full face protection from a jacket on the down.

Did have a few “I’m sure the liftie will tell me if my face is white” thoughts.

Years ago - I will never forget it - I saw a guy hiking toward the summit at Jay with big sheet-white patches on his face. “Dude, you have serious frost bite, you need to get inside now. I’m serious”. “Don’t worry I will be fine” and he continued on his way hiking toward the summit in horridly cold wind chill. Curious what kind of carnage his day resulted in.
    Uno mas

^^^I think you may have mis-understood... Vaseline as a frostbite preventative layer on nose and cheeks before heading out skiing. Apply nice and thick. Like Dermatone but way cheaper. Old coaches/mountaineering trick.

East MF Coast 19/20.

^^^I think you may have mis-understood... Vaseline as a frostbite preventative layer on nose and cheeks before heading out skiing. Apply nice and thick. Like Dermatone but way cheaper. Old coaches/mountaineering trick.
    Gotcha. I intentionally packed a thick sports UV cream in my bag that I thought would help but I forgot to apply. I used a Kiehls product for years - like Dermatone - that they’ve since discontinued. Vaseline def cheaper. 10-4.
    Uno mas

There's also the cayenne pepper powder on the toes before putting on the ski socks trick for keeping frostbite at bay on your feet. Careful, a little goes a long way.

^ now I think your f’kn w us
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    ^ now I think your f’kn w us
    Wisdom of the ancient's... I'm just the conduit passing it along. There was a time before boot heaters and I had to stand out there for hours on end in these temps. C'mon, someone else must have skied with bread bags on their feet as well?