Page 32 of 165 FirstFirst ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    As they say, if you don't like the weather in New England, just wait 5 minutes.
    I just re read that. Did you hear that over the cracker barrel while stoking the fire last night? How quaint.

Quote Originally Posted by slatham View Post
    You obviously have no historical reference to New England weather in mid December. Net net, skiing season to date is above average. As they say, if you don't like the weather in New England, just wait 5 minutes. I would simply add: or move.

Case in point, today's conditions....
    Was thinking this also.... seems like a pretty normal December all things considered. We've had it good the last couple years, if memory serves right. Disclaiming that this is based on my own faulty memory and perception.

Also, why the heck wouldn't you make cheese with beer in it!? All it's missing is bacon chunks.
    27° 18°

Has anyone seen anything about the Irving gas bogo lift ticket deal they did last year?

Killington tomorrow for me. I will be solo probably riding the gondola given the temps.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I just re read that. Did you hear that over the cracker barrel while stoking the fire last night? How quaint.
    If you don’t like the weather in New England, ski indoors in New Jersey.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/1...ok-inside.html

Either way, stop being a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Damn. Checked my pivots and one of them has a crack starting similar to Bottlemans photo, but not nearly as bad. Right side.

Time to search for replacement base I guess. Or get new skis. These have 4 seasons on them.

Also. Seems to be kinda common - https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    My first and last good deed. Glad you found it.

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Has anyone seen anything about the Irving gas bogo lift ticket deal they did last year?

Killington tomorrow for me. I will be solo probably riding the gondola given the temps.

don't know about irving but mobil is doing their ski free bogo deal:
    (3) 8 gallon fills = BOGO
    good at many mts incl MRG, smuggs, jay, platts, berk east, whiteface etc

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    If you don’t like the weather in New England, ski indoors in New Jersey.

https://www.pennlive.com/life/2019/1...ok-inside.html

Either way, stop being a cunt.
    holy shit bennie: thirty-eight THOUSAND posts ... and STILL pissing people off??
    epic.

Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    don't know about irving but mobil is doing their ski free bogo deal:
    (3) 8 gallon fills = BOGO
    good at many mts incl MRG, smuggs, jay, platts, berk east, whiteface etc
    How exactly does this work?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    How exactly does this work?
    http://www.skiridefree.com/

That's for last season. Are they doing it again?

Quote Originally Posted by lotharofthehillpeople View Post

That's for last season. Are they doing it again?
    Likely...been running for many seasons now.

Quote Originally Posted by ADKmike View Post
    Likely...been running for many seasons now.
    they are awful with that web thingy. but as i typed above mobil IS doing their 2fer thing again. used it for half price tix for openjng day at plattekill.
    buy gas in 8 gallon increments to maximize the number of stickers you get. 3 stickers on your booklet and you're set. not all mobils participate - and there's no web presence. albany western ave near SUNY, queensbury at northway (NYS) exit 20 are the two i frequent. as i learn of other locations i'll post 'em here.

they are awful with that web thingy. but as i typed above mobil IS doing their 2fer thing again. used it for half price tix for openjng day at plattekill.
    buy gas in 8 gallon increments to maximize the number of stickers you get. 3 stickers on your booklet and you're set. not all mobils participate - and there's no web presence. albany western ave near SUNY, queensbury at northway (NYS) exit 20 are the two i frequent. as i learn of other locations i'll post 'em here.
    Thanks for the info. Where do you get the booklet? Attached is the list I found last years participating locations.

2019GasLocations.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by SpeLunker View Post
    Thanks for the info. Where do you get the booklet? Attached is the list I found last years participating locations.

2019GasLocations.pdf

i get mine from the places i listed. typically the ones that participate do do year after year (admittedly small sample size) so last year's list is a good place to start.

i get mine from the places i listed. typically the ones that participate do do year after year (admittedly small sample size) so last year's list is a good place to start.
    Was there a sign or sticker on the pump? Last year there was one through the Irving rewards program. You swiped your card and then when you had enough fillups you logged in and printed the voucher. When you did the voucher you had to choose the ski hill.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Great to see and ski with BD&L today, we all agreed on a 5/10 rating.

Snorth opening Friday should be good as the trails there didn't get skied to grass before the rain and have some base to them.
    Glad we connected. Was very fun to get a few runs in together even tho conditions weren't exactly "epic". But it wasn't "fuck/shit" conditions by any means either, so a good day. In fact, given that my daughter's boot fitting issues seem to be resolved, I'd go so far as to call it an epic day.

Friends, family and skiing (pain free) makes for great times any day.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Was there a sign or sticker on the pump? Last year there was one through the Irving rewards program. You swiped your card and then when you had enough fillups you logged in and printed the voucher. When you did the voucher you had to choose the ski hill.

yes, look for a circular sticker at the pump and a poster on the storefront. the list posted above should narrow down your search.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Glad we connected. Was very fun to get a few runs in together even tho conditions weren't exactly "epic". But it wasn't "fuck/shit" conditions by any means either, so a good day.
    Your comments from yesterday fit very well for today also. Good to finally connect/make some turns with Doremite and as always, Moeghoul was there to get the early bird freshness while I rolled in for the leftovers around brunch time. A welcome 6" to maybe 8" by 2:00 (dumping when I left at 2:30) made things quite enjoyable...looks like maybe tomorrow will be a good day to get some work done.

Thursday

A 20 percent chance of snow showers before 8am. Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 1. Wind chill values as low as -35. Very windy, with a northwest wind 37 to 47 mph, with gusts as high as 70 mph.
    Last edited by FussyDutchman; 12-19-2019 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Shitty music.

Say, where's your conditions report? Epic today? Blower pow?
    Got an early wake up call that the pour had been changed again and had to check on the job. I also don't post everyday, if you need a daily report it is $37 sent PP F&F.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191218_101230.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	851.0 KB 
ID:	306730

-5` and breezy bob -13` summit, 2 1/7 of new snow yesterday with heavy wind starting around 5, mostly sunny sky. Great day to test that new layer and decide if it is adequate.

Anyone else get those annoying squall alerts on their phone? 3 loud and long alarms with a text and a screen display. No shit I could barely see 30' while I was shoveling.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Squalls were nuts last night in the UV, got white-out-ed twice doing errands around town. We ended with a bonus 1.5" up by us.

Hoping to be back on snow in a couple/few weeks. MRI Thursday will tell me if I'm electing surgery right away or just getting after it in the strengthening department and hoping that does the trick long term. Either way, I'll be getting days in at the hill January/February (do surgery in March probably), so hit me up fools.

In the meantime- if anyone finds themselves at Suicide6 over the next couple of weeks, ask for change at the bar- I will likely be taking up residence there for a bit to hang with friends, snowshoe up and down, and get my stoke up for a return to schussing. Word word.

Quote Originally Posted by biggins View Post
    Squalls were nuts last night in the UV, got white-out-ed twice doing errands around town. We ended with a bonus 1.5" up by us.

Hoping to be back on snow in a couple/few weeks. MRI Thursday will tell me if I'm electing surgery right away or just getting after it in the strengthening department and hoping that does the trick long term. Either way, I'll be getting days in at the hill January/February (do surgery in March probably), so hit me up fools.

In the meantime- if anyone finds themselves at Suicide6 over the next couple of weeks, ask for change at the bar- I will likely be taking up residence there for a bit to hang with friends, snowshoe up and down, and get my stoke up for a return to schussing. Word word.
    Didn’t catch what happened? Knee?
    crab in my shoe mouth

Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    Good to finally connect/make some turns with Doremite and as always, Moeghoul was there to get the early bird freshness while I rolled in for the leftovers around brunch time. A welcome 6" to maybe 8" by 2:00 (dumping when I left at 2:30) made things quite enjoyable...
    Yeah, D, good to finally meet and looking forward to more exploration once things fill in. I will be around Burke and Jay over the holidays but back around in Jan+ when the flakes are flying and work schedule is merciful.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Didn’t catch what happened? Knee?
    Probably too embarrassed to say, but rumor has it a shoulder injury. Took a bad digger off the stationary exercise bike, I think?

Sympathy beers at the Suicide 6 lounge, J.

And what Mag was driving through my town yesterday morning? Bueller?

Name:	Q7+EN9YkRJi58Dmqhn4Zuw.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	807.9 KB 
ID:	306748
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

Friggin' cold this morning in Bethel, after another norincher last night. Resort is showing a three-day total of 8", which is probably about right (I'd have said 6" in my driveway). I wish it would all come down at once, though, because shovelling 2-3" every eight hours is getting kinda old.

Steady wind blowing, 15 min. peak of 29mph and 5` now, Bravo winhold, that Valley House ride looks slow.

Wonder who is in the Bowl today?

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 11.09.55 AM.png 
Views:	85 
Size:	600.3 KB 
ID:	306777
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

K1 on wind hold. Riding Snowdon. Fkna cold. Everyone here is from new Jersey. Sun is shining!
    What's the best bar here?

I <heart> hot tele-moms