Page 156 of 165 FirstFirst ... 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... LastLast
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by Brownski View Post
    This sounds a bit like the Big Tupper / Adirondack Club & Resort fantasy.
    Except that place wasn't selling glamping in yurts.

Worked on another new glade yesterday upta Black Mountain of Maine. Not seen in this picture, but the maples are starting to turn.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A7FD6A1A-C8F4-4405-BC87-95945D7D6CF6.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	339986

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    ok, well maybe for a couple more we could get burke. where are the boston dentists around here?
    Now that would be cool even though I live a fair piece from Burke nowadays. Loved skiing there as a youngster.

I'd be shocked if anybody would put in a bid on Roundtop for more than $1 million...less if it includes all of the Hawk Resort infrastructure that is just a huge black hole for your money to get sucked into.

It's crazy what some people think ski areas are worth. Maple Valley was listed for 7 figures but sold for $745K. For an area that hadn't operated for more than a 18 years and whose base elevation guarantees marginal snow. I happen to know the ballpark figure for what Magic sold for and it was way less than 7 figures and it was an operating ski area with somewhat marginal but working infrastructure and a solid customer base.

Burke and Jay are trying to get their tax appraisals lowered so they can sell at a lower price; nobody has put in a bid on either one.

Looks like Berry’s at saddleback made out holding for their money. Got my three day ticket. COVID the year you don’t feel like a bum for sleeping in your car

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    COVID the year you don’t feel like a bum for sleeping in your car
    Yep. COVID, the year that a whole bunch of lifelong East Coasters gonna have to figure out booting up in the parking lot like those Western hippies. Maybe the PNW can give some tips.

^Could be a run on cat tracks....I used in Yurp cause there weren't any lodges there.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    ^Could be a run on cat tracks....I used in Yurp cause there weren't any lodges there.
    I’m working on a chairlift butt warmer w 2 beer holders

Does this mean anything to anyone here?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Ricky Bobby
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Wicked good, bub.

https://saddlebackmaine.com/?fbclid=...Q#pressRelease

An anonymous donor, with close ties to the Rangeley/Oquossoc region announced a major gift to make Saddleback Mountain and skiing accessible to every child in the Rangeley schools for the next 5 years.

“With this gift, Saddleback Mountain will be able to offer season passes to every child in the Rangeley school district for $50/year for the next 5 years,” said Wolfe Tone of the Saddleback Mountain Foundation. “These donors’ generosity in the early stages of Saddleback’s philanthropy campaign was instrumental in helping get the mountain back on its feet and this gift continues their legacy of making a difference in the region.”

(more in release)

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Does this mean anything to anyone here?

I may have a few of those stickers...

looks like the smoke has arrived.

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    looks like the smoke has arrived.

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/
    Name:  IMG_2177.jpg
Views: 487
Size:  442.7 KB

Anyone in Montpelier willing to help a Mag out and pick this up for me? PM me if willing to help. Thanks!

https://vermont.craigslist.org/boa/d...192424583.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0499.JPG 
Views:	64 
Size:	221.0 KB 
ID:	340273  

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    Anyone in Montpelier willing to help a Mag out and pick this up for me? PM me if willing to help. Thanks!

Try teenaged

Quote Originally Posted by iriponsnow View Post
    Try teenaged
    Pretty sure Boreas lives nearby as well. I don't have a way to transport it or I would offer to grab it next Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post

But then bring it to Maine?

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    But then bring it to Maine?

No, I'd come pick it up in VT sometime in the next couple of weeks. Unless someone wanted to come to Acadia for some hiking, boating, or riding and I could offer a free house to stay in for a couple of days. Covid free, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    Pretty sure Boreas lives nearby as well. I don't have a way to transport it or I would offer to grab it next Tuesday.
    Doesn’t your wife have a pickup?

Jay announced their plans for this season. The plan makes sense given that a large percentage of customers are normally from Canada but I'm not sure how they'll handle a storm on a weekend if/when other mountains like Stowe are at capacity and crowds head to Jay instead.

https://jaypeakresort.com/resort/blo...operating-plan

Sounds like Jay is expecting a ghost town. Smuggs also forgoing reservations.

Won’t be able to find a spot on 242 (or the notch) but Walk up lifts all day, every day. We take!

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Doesn’t your wife have a pickup?
    I'm not allowed to drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_skier View Post
    Jay announced their plans for this season. The plan makes sense given that a large percentage of customers are normally from Canada but I'm not sure how they'll handle a storm on a weekend if/when other mountains like Stowe are at capacity and crowds head to Jay instead.

https://jaypeakresort.com/resort/blo...operating-plan
    Sad that I most likely won't be able to make it there this winter. Hopefully will be nice and uncrowded for the locs tho.
    27° 18°

the meatheads are going to be able to wake up at ten and still get pow shots
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by Greenstateofmind View Post
    Sounds like Jay is expecting a ghost town. Smuggs also forgoing reservations.

Won’t be able to find a spot on 242 (or the notch) but Walk up lifts all day, every day. We take!
    Focused on Jay, Burke and Smuggs this season. We’ll see how it goes. My concern with the Jay plan is it appears to depend on individuals’ compliance with VT regs. MA residents (from most counties last I checked), as an example, are welcome if they travel to VT in their own vehicle and self-quarantine for 7 days and test negative or self-quarantine for 14 days prior to visiting. Color me skeptical.

That said I don’t think most understand the restrictions so the widespread noncompliance I anticipate will often be due to lack of understanding. I would at least expect Jay to require online ordering in advance with an attestation of compliance. This would at least deter those that intend to follow the rules but just weren’t aware of them until they read the attestation. Sure some will just lie but I think this would combat the people who would otherwise follow the rules but learned them after driving four hours standing in front of a ticket window.
    Uno mas