Page 61 of 165 FirstFirst ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 4121
    ^I’ve seen that one in action.
    Uno mas

I did the cayenne in the socks thing back in the 90s. Played early morning indoor tennis the next day without showering before, my feet were on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Irishexit View Post
    ...You gunna be out tomorrow, fending off the kooks from New Jersey?

NO, visitor arriving early and avoiding the shitshow. Should have you and B up for a brew or two this weekend, shoot me a text.

Lots of suspect terrain opened at the bush for the holiday weekend crowd, 6" of settled snow over grass, dirt, rocks and ice make for a great time. Be aware of any natural terrain below 2200'. Gonna keep the MRV ambulance squad busy. Rock Skis required.

currently -5` bob.

Morning update; -2` and calm bob with an interesting fog bank from the snowmaking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200118_072702.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	311296

Props to anyone out today or early tomorrow.

Last edited by Vt-Freeheel; 01-18-2020 at 05:33 AM.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I would suggest that if you live in Vt to be a skier you're an idiot. Same with living here as a MTBer, climber, Whitewater paddler, trout fisherman, road cyclist. Nothing in Vermont is truely world class. If your life is built around mountains, rivers, ect. There ARE way better places to be. If not for family roots, I'd be out of here for sure. that said, living here can be nice, and if you are able to enjoy a diversity of activities, including some major down time for outdoor suckage, you could be happy. Folks living a ski-centric or resort-centric life in Vermont? Hard to find a smaller pond to be Da Big Fish in. So many "Big Fish" types in this thread. It's where the fun is really. Look at me!!! I'm at Killington (Sugarbush/Stowe/Tiny frozen bump made small by massive real estate developments at the base area place).....again. I'm SOMEBODY!

Gonna be a fun this week though...so...geddit.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jonnies[1](3).jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	89.0 KB 
ID:	311304
    Stoked. Vintage shit from over a decade back....still skiing leather Alicos back then. Learn in Leather!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoR6RqksDM&t=509s

Are you harpooning a Narwhal? What in the fuck is with that pole plant?
    The anti-look at me guy, posts a pic from ten years ago. Derr.
    Laps
    crab in my shoe mouth

At least it's not a groomer at Stratton.

and the hits just keep coming.....

Name:  c9d.gif
Views: 579
Size:  96.9 KB

And here we go... Rock fight on a cold Holiday weekend in New England. Multiple bogeys spotted.

what happened to your Box wit da ?mark in it?^^

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    what happened to your Box wit da ?mark in it?^^
    Problem posting gif... found moar better YouTube.
    Was probably a sign from Jehovah to remember my New Years Resolution to be nice in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Are you harpooning a Narwhal?
    OK, I laughed.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    I would suggest that if you live in Vt to be a skier you're an idiot. Same with living here as a MTBer, climber, Whitewater paddler, trout fisherman, road cyclist. Nothing in Vermont is truely world class. If your life is built around mountains, rivers, ect. There ARE way better places to be. If not for family roots, I'd be out of here for sure. that said, living here can be nice, and if you are able to enjoy a diversity of activities, including some major down time for outdoor suckage, you could be happy. Folks living a ski-centric or resort-centric life in Vermont? Hard to find a smaller pond to be Da Big Fish in. So many "Big Fish" types in this thread. It's where the fun is really. Look at me!!! I'm at Killington (Sugarbush/Stowe/Tiny frozen bump made small by massive real estate developments at the base area place).....again. I'm SOMEBODY!

Gonna be a fun this week though...so...geddit.

Stoked. Vintage shit from over a decade back....still skiing leather Alicos back then. Learn in Leather!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUoR6RqksDM&t=509s

For all the shit you get around here, Dave, you've been posting some nuggets of wisdom around here lately. IMO.

New England doesn't have the best of anything - mountains, rivers, trails, beaches, cities - whatever you're into. But we do have it all, and what we have is... decent, I'll say. So it's not bad if you diversify your interests, as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    For all the shit you get around here, Dave, you've been posting some nuggets of wisdom around here lately. IMO.

New England doesn't have the best of anything - mountains, rivers, trails, beaches, cities - whatever you're into. But we do have it all, and what we have is... decent, I'll say. So it's not bad if you diversify your interests, as you say.
    Just because a clock is right twice a day doesn’t mean it’s working properly. Dudes probably a flat earther.

IKON base pass blacked out and hate lift lines on Holidays. Was thinking of checking out Black Mountain in ME. Offering 50% deal for passholders elsewhere that blacked out. Anyone have an opinion of the place?

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Passion is in the Risk

PM catinjanuary He has insider intell.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    IKON base pass blacked out and hate lift lines on Holidays. Was thinking of checking out Black Mountain in ME. Offering 50% deal for passholders elsewhere that blacked out. Anyone have an opinion of the place?

Place f’in rocks. Akok is here and offers full agreement.

Excellent. Was just looking a topo of area from Granite Backcountry Alliance. Ya wow. Looks fun! Thanks for confirmation. Destination confirmed.

And that tour from there toward Sunday River sound like a blast

Triple confirm good things going on at Black. I grew up on the Western terminus of the new Whitecap glade zone. It’s a nice mountain that volunteers have made better.

Excellent. Was just looking a topo of area from Granite Backcountry Alliance. Ya wow. Looks fun! Thanks for confirmation. Destination confirmed.

Was completely windjacked when we were there last year so could not ski the glades. Still kicked ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Was completely windjacked when we were there last year so could not ski the glades. Still kicked ass.
    Would be double amazeballs with all terrain available.

I assume that whitecap snowfields will not be skiable, it’s pretty rocky IIRC.

Super fun if the good stuff is open. Double check their report.

Took a lap on a high traverse today with Mrs P. Never broke single digits so we didn’t really stop for pics. #CTA.

Name:  IMG_4857.JPG
Views: 506
Size:  313.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Are you harpooning a Narwhal? What in the fuck is with that pole plant?
    Seemed obvious...I was off balanced from the balls deep pow I was shralping. Only been skiing about 5 years there. Already done with the resort scene and learning to tele. Good times. Coming down in Nrthfld.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mustkeepskinning.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	882.0 KB 
ID:	311358  

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Just because a clock is right twice a day doesn’t mean it’s working properly. Dudes probably a flat earther.
    Everyone knows the Earth is not flat.

It is hollow.

Name:  download (1).jpg
Views: 443
Size:  20.3 KB