Page 12 of 165 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Uphill traffic is less dangerous then downhill facing stopped traffic or sitting snowboarders. The 3 MPH speed of an uphill facing skinner is meaningless when it comes to closing speed of DH traffic and they're standing up, so more visible than someone sitting, and facing uphill watching who's coming at us. The danger angle has been bullshit from day 1, but many lease agreements give ski companies operating on public land the ability to limit access for safety, so they have claimed it's dangerous so they can start to regulate it.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    My main concern was to separate uphill traffic from downhill as I don't think they mix well.

. As far as I know in all the years uphill access has happened there has not been a lawsuit.
    l
    Just a matter of time. I really think uphill traffic should be separated. And if a resort is cutting and maintaining and grooming and making snow on a trail, folks should see why they pay.

If you dont like it there are plenty of free places to take a lap. Oh no snow in the woods? Then pay. Want a warm place to boot up? Pay.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Oh no snow in the woods? Then pay. Want a warm place to boot up? Pay.

If there is no natural snow to ski then it's not time to ski yet. My only beef is when up hill policy affects access to public land. There was skiing for thousands of years before there was lifts and snow making. There was skiing in Vermont for decades before it became a product. I'll stick with that reality. That's my up hill policy.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    If there is no natural snow to ski then it's not time to ski yet. My only beef is when up hill policy affects access to public land. There was skiing for thousands of years before there was lifts and snow making. There was skiing in Vermont for decades before it became a product. I'll stick with that reality. That's my up hill policy.
    Public land is not open to the public everywhere all the time and that idea is ridiculous. Go into the governor office at 2 am and see if you get arrested. Public property.
    I work on public property and people sometimes demand all hours access. nope.

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Public land is not open to the public everywhere all the time and that idea is ridiculous. Go into the governor office at 2 am and see if you get arrested. Public property.
    I work on public property and people sometimes demand all hours access. nope.

Yeah, accurate comparison to a state forest. Good job.

Jesus Christ!

Ski areas pay leases for use of the public land. If I rent a cabin in a state park, I have exclusive use of the cabin. You can’t just come walking in claiming your are sleeping there because it’s “public land”.

Stop being a twatwaffle.

Don’t like it? talk to your state rep but don’t think you have any “rights” to all public land.

Quote Originally Posted by ridge_skier View Post
    It's $180 for the season where as your example from Tremblant was a day pass I'm guessing. I'm not a fan of it but realistically $180 for a season isn't that bad.
    The day pass was around 13$.
    27° 18°

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Jesus Christ!

Ski areas pay leases for use of the public land. If I rent a cabin in a state park, I have exclusive use of the cabin. You can’t just come walking in claiming your are sleeping there because it’s “public land”.
    Wrong.

"The ski leases vary slightly from area to area regarding specific terms and conditions, but all seven prohibit the development of residential units within the lease area, require Department approval for all planned improvements on state land, and provide a level of continued public access within the lease area. "

In the lease, they can limit access for issues of public safety. This is why the dialogue was created to claim that up hill traffic is a danger...which common sense would tell you is bullshit, as compared to other resort activities....like bars operating at ski areas. Like snowboarders sitting in the middle of the trail. Like skiers standing looking downhill. Like snow making on open trails. Like snow machines operating at open areas. Ect.

Wrong.

"The ski leases vary slightly from area to area regarding specific terms and conditions, but all seven prohibit the development of residential units within the lease area, require Department approval for all planned improvements on state land, and provide a level of continued public access within the lease area. "

In the lease, they can limit access for issues of public safety. This is why the dialogue was created to claim that up hill traffic is a danger...which common sense would tell you is bullshit, as compared to other resort activities....like bars operating at ski areas. Like snowboarders sitting in the middle of the trail. Like skiers standing looking downhill. Like snow making on open trails. Like snow machines operating at open areas. Ect.
    Uphill traffic can be a danger to the skier if being done inside a currently operating ski resort. There are many activities that go on after hours like grooming that could hurt an uphill skier. Its a liability thing more than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    Uphill traffic can be a danger to the skier if being done inside a currently operating ski resort. There are many activities that go on after hours like grooming that could hurt an uphill skier. Its a liability thing more than anything.
    How, exactly, would I be a danger skinning up the edge of a ski trail more so than a snowboarder sitting on the edge of the same trail looking down hill? How is it more dangerous than a bad skier who just had 4 beers and a shot out skiing? I've been skinning and skiing resort terrain in some fashion for 20 years. It's not as dangerous as skiing the resort all day. Not even close.

It’s private land. You have no right to cross private land to access public land. Simple.

and you are definitely a twatwaffle.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    It’s private land. You have no right to cross private land to access public land. Simple.

and you are definitely a twatwaffle.
    In the case of Bolton, yes....it's just super fucking lame of them. The resort is among the most mediocre in the region so....they have that going for them. I've only ever accessed the adjacent BC from state land so no loss for me. They can have the douche vibe if they want it. Combined with the horrendous access road...ratty-ass facilities..... flat run-out...slow lifts....and terraced terrain I imagine the Delauries will find difficult financial times ahead.

Hey guys. Let's go skiing.

Or biking. Or kayaking. Or whatever we like to do when there's not enough snow in the woods. But 2 pages of this bs is... bs.

Any more pics from Jay out there? K-Mart?

Currently snowing on Mansfield.

all this twatwaffle talk is making me hungry

Back to our regularly scheduled programming. Couple more shots from Jay on Wednesday

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	75392669_522788834936069_3032991276053037056_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	302460

Name:	75552990_272356820346258_9196491064909758464_n.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	302461

If I lived close, this would be a reason for me to ski there when I do buy tickets with the kiddo. We were going to Bolton last year for Mondays 'cause we home school and it's $25. I'll never buy another ticket there, let alone $180 nordic pass so I can skin in to the State Forest to ski.
    Not for nothing, but if you want to, you can skin on state land to ski the state land you so want to ski. However, it requires you to skin and ski less interesting terrain, but you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Not for nothing, but if you want to, you can skin on state land to ski the state land you so want to ski. However, it requires you to skin and ski less interesting terrain, but you can.
    That's how I've always done it.

In the case of Bolton, yes....it's just super fucking lame of them. The resort is among the most mediocre in the region so....they have that going for them. I've only ever accessed the adjacent BC from state land so no loss for me. They can have the douche vibe if they want it. Combined with the horrendous access road...ratty-ass facilities..... flat run-out...slow lifts....and terraced terrain I imagine the Delauries will find difficult financial times ahead.
    Sorry, it’s not super lame of them. From the beginnings it was an exclusive resort built by Burlingtonians. You skied up to a cabin and skied, sometimes taking 2-3 day trips . The wealthy skiers could do it, the farm guys down the road milking cows not so much. They skied Underhill, many switched to Stowe, some Sugarbush. Even in the 80’s it was viewed by many of the locals as exclusive, and this was coming by members of my family that worked/ still work Bolton DOT. But hey, what do I know, my family just plowed the road for 50 some odd years, maybe you know more.

Sorry, it’s not super lame of them. From the beginnings it was an exclusive resort built by Burlingtonians. You skied up to a cabin and skied, sometimes taking 2-3 day trips . The wealthy skiers could do it, the farm guys down the road milking cows not so much. They skied Underhill, many switched to Stowe, some Sugarbush. Even in the 80’s it was viewed by many of the locals as exclusive, and this was coming by members of my family that worked/ still work Bolton DOT. But hey, what do I know, my family just plowed the road for 50 some odd years, maybe you know more.
    We have a different opinion. I say lame as fuck.
    If every land owner in Vermont behaved the same way, Vermont would suck to live in.

We have a different opinion. I say lame as fuck.
    If every land owner in Vermont behaved the same way, Vermont would suck to live in.
    Well they never posted the land so..............

Well they never posted the land so..............
    Lol. Guess I'll go hunt Timberline tomorrow.

www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

glad to read this place is doing well..........................
    fer fux sake ders snow oot there go git sum one wai or anuddah
    go Go GO!

23-24: 36. 22-23: 56. 21-22: ?. 20-21: 10+?. 19-20: 79. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Back to our regularly scheduled programming. Couple more shots from Jay on Wednesday

Name:	75392669_522788834936069_3032991276053037056_n.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	302460

Name:	75552990_272356820346258_9196491064909758464_n.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	302461
    Excellent