Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 649
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,196
    Yes!!! Only one pass to buy next season! Money saved goes in the E-Bike fund for the Win!
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Masshole
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Bummer that the Ikon will remain limited

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Limited?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Central VT
    Posts
    4,068
    Damn, now I canít smugly tell people I ski at an ďindependentĒ mountain.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #229
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by prsboogie View Post
    Limited?

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    The alterra owned resorts have unlimited on Ikon like winter park. The others like the Boyne ones have 5 or 7 days.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Masshole
    Posts
    1,629
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    The alterra owned resorts have unlimited on Ikon like winter park. The others like the Boyne ones have 5 or 7 days.

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Win said there will be discussion about how passes will be handled after the sale is final in January. I'm guessing it will unlimited with the standard pass like Stratton is.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using TGR Forums mobile app
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    455
    I'm sitting here debating about upgrading to the regular ikon to get 7 days at the Bush. Regardless, hoping for a cool announcement in january so bush passholders can get their Ikon on.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  7. #232
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,183
    I am hoping they still offer the sugar direct card for this year, which usually covers my 5-6 Bush south days every season. It's a better deal than quad packs as long as you go on weekdays only and don't care about the transferable option. $30 Thursday's for ME is also a great deal that I doubt will live on after this year.

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    36,730
    Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    The $129 Boomer midweek seasons pass will be gone. Enjoy it this year while you can.
    Best deal in skiing. Free. Or, as a CSR said, we're paying you to ski.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,748
    Snow was much better at Jay yesterday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3773.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	302270Name:  IMG_3774.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  35.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3772.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	302272

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Snow was much better at Jay yesterday
    paid in full!
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,006
    ^Nice stoke/work!


    Ski and Ride Card is just $20 until midnight, Friday, Nov. 15. Normally $40, use code: "ridewithme" at checkout.

    Some decent deals and pays for itself in 1 or 2 outings:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_490a.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	302273
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_490b.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	302274


    Screw IKON... this is the pass you should buy
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  12. #237
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    ^Nice stoke/work!


    Ski and Ride Card is just $20 until midnight, Friday, Nov. 15. Normally $40, use code: "ridewithme" at checkout.

    Some decent deals and pays for itself in 1 or 2 outings:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_490a.jpeg 
Views:	89 
Size:	508.0 KB 
ID:	302273
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_490b.jpeg 
Views:	101 
Size:	218.0 KB 
ID:	302274


    Screw IKON... this is the pass you should buy
    Do you know if at jay you get 10 off window price or 10 off whatever you pay at the website?

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  13. #238
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,006
    Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    Do you know if at jay you get 10 off window price or 10 off whatever you pay at the website?

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Probably not, but worth asking. I'd call Jay, but the skiing there sucks...
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,730
    $20 isnít a big investment but 10-20% off is usually easy enough to do via Liftopia or other online sites.

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY
    Posts
    743
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Snow was much better at Jay yesterday Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3773.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	302270Name:  IMG_3774.JPG
Views: 488
Size:  35.8 KBClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3772.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	136.2 KB 
ID:	302272
    That looks legit. Good start to the season for NVT.

  16. #241
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,006
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    $20 isn’t a big investment but 10-20% off is usually easy enough to do via Liftopia or other online sites.
    True, but this still saves you even if you're making a game day decision and/or liftopia is sold out. And a portion goes to CHAD, so I'm always happy to throw down for it.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  17. #242
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9,476
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    Probably not, but worth asking. I'd call Jay, but the skiing there sucks...
    whatís that column in the right with dates?
    .....I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record

    http://procatinator.com/?cat=80

  18. #243
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,196
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post



    Screw IKON... this is the pass you should buy
    You shut your whore mouth!


    Win posted on AZ that pass options will be decided later after someone mentioned Stratton has a stand alone pass, so I would expect some of the old offerings will be available. Would love for the 20's-30's passes to be axed, sick of subsidizing them with the highest pass price. As long as the full IKON covers unlimited skiing, I'll be happy.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  19. #244
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,006
    Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    what’s that column in the right with dates?
    It's when they throw an Apres Party at that mountain. The thing I like, is it gets you to ski a lot of these smaller gems, that if you can hit on a powder day, are incredibly fun (as you know quite well).


    And if SB does the unlimited skiing thing, that would definitely be amazing.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  20. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    15,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Yes!!! Only one pass to buy next season! Money saved goes in the E-Bike fund for the Win!
    Nioce!
    watch out for snakes

  21. #246
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    True, but this still saves you even if you're making a game day decision and/or liftopia is sold out. And a portion goes to CHAD, so I'm always happy to throw down for it.
    I have grabbed this for many years and although I had not this year I will right now just for the CHAD donation they make for each sale, thanks BD. In the past Jeff would throw in a free lift tik to long time buyers (usually Bolton in VT but Magic was one last season along with a few in NH) and they offer 50% off tiks when they do their road trip tour (just noticed BD's mention of this after the fact) which visits a different hill almost every week throughout the season.

    Props on the Jay cloud harvesting Cat, especially considering yesterday's chill. Moeghoul sent me some shots from smuggs yesterday which he reported as great, your shots look like full on Feb. conditions.

  22. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    home
    Posts
    778
    Went up to Bolton today, they are installing rfid gates for lifts and, as my friend who works there told me, for uphill skiers. Apparently uphillers have to scan passes whenever they head up, lifts running or not. He said they were going to have people checking uphill passes, too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Perfer et obdura, hic dolor olim utior tibi. -Ovid

  23. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,748
    Resort response to uphilling is all over the place. Looks like Bolton is pushing edge on monotizing it

  24. #249
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    628
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Resort response to uphilling is all over the place. Looks like Bolton is pushing edge on monotizing it
    They also have one of the largest and most accessible high-elevation bc areas in Vermont, plus some very popular trails for after-work skinning for the BTV crowd. Been a while since I've been there, but I remember spring days when there seemed to be more people skinning Timberline in the late afternoon than there were riding lifts during the day. I can see why they want to turn that visitation into paid use, and I hope that they're successful in doing so.

    I'm probably biased, but I think the uphill pass with the three single ride tickets was a pretty reasonable product at the early price.

    Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

  25. #250
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Valley of the Sun
    Posts
    4,246

    East MF Coast 19/20.

    I canít tell if charging people to self propel uphill is corporate-like, or kid-at-a-lemonade-stand-like. Either way seems kind of sheepish to me.

    But hey, if I was an owner at Bolton Iíd be looking to monetarize everything I possibly could in addition to standard lift tickets, for obvious reasons.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •