Page 154 of 165 FirstFirst ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4121
    Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    43 degrees base o' Magic (1,300') this morning at 4:30 am. I know there's a thread for "the turn" but needed to get the ECRC back up the charts.

In early July, the sun was up before 5am for my 2 hour commute to Burlington. Now it's dark all the way to Bristol (almost 6am).

Fingers crossed that this ski season doesn't end up like Notre Dame or any other number of colleges that thought 18-22 year olds could behave responsibly.
    Today is the last day of meteorological summer.......

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    43 degrees base o' Magic (1,300') this morning at 4:30 am. I know there's a thread for "the turn" but needed to get the ECRC back up the charts.

In early July, the sun was up before 5am for my 2 hour commute to Burlington. Now it's dark all the way to Bristol (almost 6am).

Fingers crossed that this ski season doesn't end up like Notre Dame or any other number of colleges that thought 18-22 year olds could behave responsibly.
    In fairness to the colleges, I'd bet that many of their employees thought it was a risky bet, but one that they had to try to justify the tuition money they were charging. Hopefully things go better with tourists (who, in fairness, have been better-behaved as a group than the locals have been around here).

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    In fairness to the colleges, I'd bet that many of their employees thought it was a risky bet, but one that they had to try to justify the tuition money they were charging. Hopefully things go better with tourists (who, in fairness, have been better-behaved as a group than the locals have been around here).
    Here in Burlington, many of the students rolled in and walked around without masks for the first few days. When they saw all the locals wearing them (and couldn’t go into stores/restaurants without them) things changed. Now it’s common to see groups of students all wearing masks without any issue.

The underclassmen still walk in large groups, shoulder to shoulder as to not miss out on anything, but that will likely change once classes begin and they don’t have as much free time.

i took a long walk to a lake in the mauricie national park. it was in the fifties but the calendar said summer. it was a cold, and short, swim.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9413.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	338632

Name:	IMG_9384.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	338633
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Anybody know if mountains are modifying / restricting uphill access policies for the 20/21? I haven't seen anything online, but I wonder if anybody here has some insider info. Obviously, I prefer the BC, but when the tide is low or time is short, it's nice to get a couple of quick laps in at the resort.

Let’s just start with the assumption that nothing about this season will be “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    Anybody know if mountains are modifying / restricting uphill access policies for the 20/21? I haven't seen anything online, but I wonder if anybody here has some insider info. Obviously, I prefer the BC, but when the tide is low or time is short, it's nice to get a couple of quick laps in at the resort.
    Folks who went to the resorts despite them saying they were closed to uphilling have done the rest of us no favors. Skied half dozen areas many times over the years out of season and always had very friendly interactions with staff. Wonder how much that will change in response to behavior last Spring.

I don’t think you will see much in terms of policy until November.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Folks who went to the resorts despite them saying they were closed to uphilling have done the rest of us no favors. Skied half dozen areas many times over the years out of season and always had very friendly interactions with staff. Wonder how much that will change in response to behavior last Spring.

There were two mountains I know of that remained open to uphill travel until melt out. I took advantage of both, but no others.

Yup there were two n Maine. My thoughts were general and did not reflect on you in any way.

I didn't think so, but just in case, i wanted to cover my ass.

You do bring up a good point, though. I'm just happy that my go-to's didn't give the public an opportunity to break the rules.

It’s going to be a zoo the first couple of early season snows. It’s slowly been growing over the past few years in VT, but my guess this year will be frigging mayhem with booters and the people who bought new gear this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post

And if you happen to be skinning somewhere that such activity is tolerated but not precisely allowed, please follow Fight Club rules and DON'T POST ABOUT IT ON THE INTERNET. Likewise for off-the-radar places (I really wanted to reach through the computer and smack the people posting on "Sunday River has posted no trespassing signs" Facebook threads with "Mt. Abram is still open for uphill"--not for long with those posts, you numbskulls.)

Finally, if you do want to post about it, try to pick images that don't show exactly where you were and be a bit less explicit about your location in the post. We'll figure it out, but it should help limit the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Here in Burlington, many of the students rolled in and walked around without masks for the first few days. When they saw all the locals wearing them (and couldn’t go into stores/restaurants without them) things changed. Now it’s common to see groups of students all wearing masks without any issue.

The underclassmen still walk in large groups, shoulder to shoulder as to not miss out on anything, but that will likely change once classes begin and they don’t have as much free time.
    1,200+ positive tests at the University of Alabama. Middlebury has 1

Quote Originally Posted by dangur View Post
    I am wondering this. It's a nice day to ski. Jerry didn't get a reservation spot at the hill so Jerry's pass won't open the turnstyle. But Jerry didn't know that's how it works. Jerry is in the lot with his skis after driving many hours from Hoboken. Jerry starts walking up under the lift. Taking selfies.

Now there is a buttz2nutz conga line of Jerrys breathing on each other walking up.

Signs go up.

But if not a ton of people go uphill it will be fine.

Dangur... Let's hope for the highest of high tides and times

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

+1

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post
    I am wondering this. It's a nice day to ski. Jerry didn't get a reservation spot at the hill so Jerry's pass won't open the turnstyle. But Jerry didn't know that's how it works. Jerry is in the lot with his skis after driving many hours from Hoboken. Jerry starts walking up under the lift. Taking selfies.

Now there is a buttz2nutz conga line of Jerrys breathing on each other walking up.

Signs go up.

But if not a ton of people go uphill it will be fine.

I doubt it will get that far. The first bottleneck of the season starts in the parking lot as everyone will be driving by themselves to the hill. I suspect that by Christmas, most mountains will end up having a 'gatekeeper' at the lot verifying people have a reservation for the day before letting them park.

ABasin had an eight feet apart rule for cars in parking lots this Spring. You do the math on that. And nobody is getting into some damn bus/shuttle.

I predict parking lot attendants getting assaulted like greeters at WalMart are now. Not worth the shit pay.

Bolton released their opening plans. No reservations, just face coverings, social distancing, limited indoor capacity, grab-and-go food/beer, etc. Makes you wonder if places like Bolton that don't require a reservation will see more skier traffic.

https://www.boltonvalley.com/health-safety/

Yes. Skiing abhors a vacuum. Especially on powder days.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sev...dia=AMP%2bHTML

Clem was a pioneer of Bolton backcountry.

^ That's a life well-lived. RIP.

Reads like a Hallmark Channel storyline, well done, RIP.

Leaning toward one of these

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 7.12.59 AM.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	339018
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Reads like a Hallmark Channel storyline, well done, RIP.

Leaning toward one of these

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-04 at 7.12.59 AM.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	294.9 KB 
ID:	339018
    I can't find his much a day ticket will be...
    Nice deal
    And you can upgrade to a full pass which includes two days at Jay

I <heart> hot tele-moms

No day ticket prices released. Expect in high seventies to eighties and depending on season discounts. Note you need to upgrade to season pass in first two weeks of season. Definitely a good deal, got mine

Saddleback released this pricing back in Early March, but that was pre-Covid so who knows? Should be in the ballpark however.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DEC957C7-D7F6-4B6B-8078-35CFD715DD23.jpeg 
Views:	80 
Size:	146.8 KB 
ID:	339136