Page 6 of 97 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 2415
  1. #126
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,960
    Quote Originally Posted by buttahflake View Post
    Rumford is at the top of your list for trips? Alrighty then.
    Woof
    Donít knock BMOM until you try it.

    Just ask Paul.

    Name:  IMG_4503.JPG
Views: 571
Size:  37.3 KB

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,626
    Black looks like fun and the glading work is to be applauded. Will stop by on the way to the Mini if best is good. The plus side of China stealing the paper business is the Rumford/Mexico no longer induce vomiting whist passing through. But the closed retailers/cafes are kinda depressing.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Black looks like fun and the glading work is to be applauded. Will stop by on the way to the Mini if best is good. The plus side of China stealing the paper business is the Rumford/Mexico no longer induce vomiting whist passing through. But the closed retailers/cafes are kinda depressing.
    The Rumford mill is still operating, at least it was last month. Lebonville In Mexico usually has some good prices for Kincos, about the only upside traveling through the Rumford/ Mexico area.

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    3,726
    I wonder why they chose the "Black Mt" name seeing Black Mt, NH an hour-ish away has been operating since 1935.. Like having a "Stratton Mt of New Hampshire" or something







  5. #130
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,790
    Yup Black is in a Maine mill town, not a ski town and the food options are terrible. The mountain does have a good bar and when the snow is good some real surprising skiing in the glades. This year we kicked the expert level options up a notch. Buttah I will give you a tour if you come up for the Friday before the Get Your Vision checked 2020 Sugarloaf USA.

    Actual name for the hill is Black Mountain. There is another one 10 miles as the crow flies. Lots of Spruce topped mountains seem to have been given the name. When the mountain started alpine was a secondary thing with Jumping and Nordic being the big deal. For a while the biggest jump in the NE, I think maybe the whole East. Struggling to make it as a community ski hill. Since they allow us a free hand making glade runs I have been volunteering and trying to promote it when I can.

    second edit: mill is definitely still running and ironically is now owned by the Chinese

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,129
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Yup Black is in a Maine mill town, not a ski town and the food options are terrible. The mountain does have a good bar and when the snow is good some real surprising skiing in the glades. This year we kicked the expert level options up a notch. Buttah I will give you a tour if you come up for the Friday before the Get Your Vision checked 2020 Sugarloaf USA.

    Actual name for the hill is Black Mountain. There is another one 10 miles as the crow flies. Lots of Spruce topped mountains seem to have been given the name. When the mountain started alpine was a secondary thing with Jumping and Nordic being the big deal. For a while the biggest jump in the NE, I think maybe the whole East. Struggling to make it as a community ski hill. Since they allow us a free hand making glade runs I have been volunteering and trying to promote it when I can.
    Sounds good, I raced MTB there once back in the early 90ís.
    crab in my shoe mouth

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    The Rumford mill is still operating, at least it was last month. Lebonville In Mexico usually has some good prices for Kincos, about the only upside traveling through the Rumford/ Mexico area.
    Yes, I did see that part of the complex was operational on my trip through this summer. Only saw 2 log trucks hauling "paper" logs. Gone is the sour smell when the whole show was operating.

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    498
    Rumford area is where I grew up, in fact Dad worked for the Mill and that smell was referred to as "the smell of money". It was also known as "cancer valley". Knife cuts both ways I suppose.

    To defend the honor of Black Mountain of Maine and the Chisholm Ski Club, I hereby challenge any and all comers to a ski off at the Vision Check. Losers must fill their pockets with mothballs for the remainder of the ski day. Let's get it on! May Chummy Broomhall have mercy on you...

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chummy_Broomhall
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by singlecross ; 11-07-2019 at 10:26 AM.

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    5,676
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Friend of mine lost a section of her standing seam roof. Couple hours to make things watertight. Power back at 5:30 yesterday, still no cable until tonight or tomorrow. Have to finish Peaky Blinders anyways.


    Attachment 300622


    I hope your flooding is gone. Thanks for those tunes. I hadn't heard that Dawg tune. So nice.
    They think I do not know a buttload of crap about the Gospel, but I do.

  10. #135
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the rivah, VT
    Posts
    2,090
    Mooar goood maine news, saddleback finally sold! Hope they open for this wintah!
    https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/11/0...of-saddleback/
    go Go GO!

    19-20: 55. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the rivah, VT
    Posts
    2,090
    And yea, rumford, not the most amazing place, but bmom is rad and I'll stand by that any day.
    go Go GO!

    19-20: 55. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    DownEast
    Posts
    498
    Quote Originally Posted by akokskis View Post
    Mooar goood maine news, saddleback finally sold! Hope they open for this wintah!
    https://www.sunjournal.com/2019/11/0...of-saddleback/
    I'm sure there is still time for them to fuck this deal up somehow... it ain't over until they spin lifts and submit to the Ikon overlords.

  13. #138
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    on the rivah, VT
    Posts
    2,090
    Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I'm sure there is still time for them to fuck this deal up somehow... it ain't over until they spin lifts and submit to the Ikon overlords.
    Yea, knowing the way this saga has gone, I'm not holding out any hope, but here's to hopin.
    maine really does have it goin on
    go Go GO!

    19-20: 55. 18-19: 86! 17-18: 80. 16-17: 56. 15-16: 40. 14-15: 33. 13-14: 56ish. 12-13: 51. 11-12: 65. 10-11: 69. 09-10: 65.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    5,960
    Itís snowing all over northern NE.

    That is all.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Exiled from Maine
    Posts
    313
    Saddle STOKED!*





    * poster reserves the right to unstoke and restoke with no limits heretofore


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  16. #141
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by Peruvian View Post
    Itís snowing all over northern NE.

    That is all.
    Good ride at KT this morning before it started coming down. Sunday River opening Saturday

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by jhyatt; 11-07-2019 at 07:38 PM.

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,626
    ^^Mmmm S&S #8

    Out for an hour and a half of 35` grinding today. looking forward to skiing soon.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191107_212409.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	943.1 KB 
ID:	301417
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  18. #143
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    ^^Mmmm S&S #8
    The exact statement I uttered to myself when I saw that pic.

  19. #144
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,626
    24` 0 mph wind w/ 2 1/16" fluffy snow bob

    looks like 4 up high

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 7.02.30 AM.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	358.2 KB 
ID:	301450
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    The exact statement I uttered to myself when I saw that pic.
    I think I said Edward

  21. #146
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    849
    Quote Originally Posted by ticketchecker View Post
    I think I said Edward
    Shirley Mae!

    Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

  22. #147
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    3,143
    The best thing I've heard about the Saddleback deal other than an actual sale finally happening is getting Andy Shepard to be the GM.

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maine Coast
    Posts
    2,790
    Yes that is a very good thing. They sure have a tough road to hoe, but he will give them the best chance to make it.

  24. #149
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Up in ya face!
    Posts
    3,540
    Killington by 12:30 today to open my season. Ask for change.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Vacationland
    Posts
    3,143
    Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    Yes that is a very good thing. They sure have a tough road to hoe, but he will give them the best chance to make it.
    And I hope they've been mowing the place with a deal being imminent, Crusher was over there not long ago and said the place was pretty grown over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •