Page 67 of 132 FirstFirst ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 3299
  1. #1651
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,205
    Hey Guys,

    I was thinking of taking a stroll through Willoughby SF this weekend, just to take a look see. Never been, not expecting epic skiing or anything, but mainly wanted to just check it out and take a walk in the woods.

    Still deciding if i will go Satruday or Sunday. Would be sweet to hook up w some mags if anyone is around.
    24° 06°

  2. #1652
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    low and inside
    Posts
    5,109


    Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    Looks like a tough snow year if that was roll back the clock day...

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    that post was from late season, not RBTC day.
    (it would have been a balmy late january day indeed!)
    i actually bumped into falldise at mrg a couple of weekends back.
    he was gearing up to visit daughter jessie out west...she of course continues to rip!

    found another pic from that day on my phone. note the fully functioning flamingo!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	808 
Size:	474.0 KB 
ID:	311888  
    Last edited by buckethead; 01-22-2020 at 10:11 AM.

  3. #1653
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I was thinking of taking a stroll through Willoughby SF this weekend, just to take a look see. Never been, not expecting epic skiing or anything, but mainly wanted to just check it out and take a walk in the woods.

    Still deciding if i will go Satruday or Sunday. Would be sweet to hook up w some mags if anyone is around.
    The upper stuff is fairly steep and may need a few more storm cycles. The lower stuff is probably ok but thin. They groom the access road so at the very least you’ll be able nordic on skins.

  4. #1654
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    12,095
    Quote Originally Posted by buckethead View Post
    that post was from late season, not RBTC day.
    (it would have been a balmy late january day indeed!)
    i actually bumped into falldise at mrg a couple of weekends back.
    he was gearing up to visit daughter jessie out west...she of course continues to rip!
    That's cool. Good peeps. She was 13 in those pics and already ripping. I'm sure she can kill it now.

    And yes, that wasn't $3.50 day.... unless you're thinking price per beer. Somebody mentioned crazy getups, so I had to dig that up. Was a very fun day at MRG, none the less. Need more.


    Quote Originally Posted by mtnwriter View Post
    Is that a hamburger or do you have ESS and a skirt to hold them up?
    Hamburger... in Paradise.
    Screw the net, Surf the backcountry!

  5. #1655
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    407
    What are people thinking about the weekend weather?


  6. #1656
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    The upper stuff is fairly steep and may need a few more storm cycles. The lower stuff is probably ok but thin. They groom the access road so at the very least you’ll be able nordic on skins.
    Hey thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Ya that was sort of my feeling about it...
    24° 06°

  7. #1657
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Timbers of Fennario
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Hey thanks for the info! I appreciate it. Ya that was sort of my feeling about it...
    PM Doremite, he is up there regularly and likely will have some good intel for you, not sure but he might even be headed up there for the weekend.

  8. #1658
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bethel, Maine
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangur View Post
    There *appear* to be lots of glade glade shots visible from the various skin tracks and ski trails. One was even sufficiently tempting that I ditched my intended line of descent to try it out... quickly ended up in jail. Oh well. Still, I have to believe there's some tree line out there that goes.
    ...and that, right there, is one of the many forms of eternal optimism of the Eastern skier.

    "Somewhere on this face, there's a hardwood line that doesn't end in a spruce/fir thicket, and I think this is...hmm, wait. This is getting tighter...fuck! Wait, maybe that's daylight...if I can just get under this branch...FUCK—LET GO OF MY PACK...almost...maybe I can just step that way...*falls into unconsolidated snow, cries*"

  9. #1659
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Driving2VT
    Posts
    3,414
    Quote Originally Posted by danmelon View Post
    Hey Guys,

    I was thinking of taking a stroll through Willoughby SF this weekend, just to take a look see. Never been, not expecting epic skiing or anything, but mainly wanted to just check it out and take a walk in the woods.

    Still deciding if i will go Satruday or Sunday. Would be sweet to hook up w some mags if anyone is around.
    Quote Originally Posted by FussyDutchman View Post
    PM Doremite, he is up there regularly and likely will have some good intel for you, not sure but he might even be headed up there for the weekend.
    I won’t be over there this weekend but reach out the next time you are passing through.

    There are two lots just before south beach. The lot to the west side of 5A (if heading north toward Willoughby from West Burke) has well marked uphill routes. Some descents well marked too. I’ve actually never skied Hor but hiked it a lot and have seen the markings. Allegedly gets great snow overall (more than Burke anyway).
    Uno mas

  10. #1660
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    North,NorthEast
    Posts
    2,761

    East MF Coast 19/20.

    Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Cold, and limited run selection, but this wasn't that crowded.

    Attachment 311812
    The best part is, it never really gets crowded. Once you’re away from the base area, upper mountain lifts are ski on, or a 1-2 minute wait at most even on holidays.

    Next time you’re up this way shoot me a message or stop into my store for some tasty beers. We always have change for a nickel.

    ——

    Skiing today was really nice. Warmish-temps, barely any wind, Perfectly soft groomers. Just what the doctor ordered! ( literally, he said build the legs back up on soft groomer days if possible ). Feels really good to be getting back out more frequently!

  11. #1661
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Montreal, Canada
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    I won’t be over there this weekend but reach out the next time you are passing through.

    There are two lots just before south beach. The lot to the west side of 5A (if heading north toward Willoughby from West Burke) has well marked uphill routes. Some descents well marked too. I’ve actually never skied Hor but hiked it a lot and have seen the markings. Allegedly gets great snow overall (more than Burke anyway).
    Sweet, thanks D (and FD)! Mostly will just be exploring this WE but probably back another time and will let you know!

    Squeezed in a few lunch laps at MSS and groomers were indeed buttery fun!
    24° 06°

  12. #1662
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    ...and that, right there, is one of the many forms of eternal optimism of the Eastern skier.

    "Somewhere on this face, there's a hardwood line that doesn't end in a spruce/fir thicket, and I think this is...hmm, wait. This is getting tighter...fuck! Wait, maybe that's daylight...if I can just get under this branch...FUCK—LET GO OF MY PACK...almost...maybe I can just step that way...*falls into unconsolidated snow, cries*"
    I take that as a compliment!

    That description is spot on, especially in NH. I've been in that situation many a time.

    Here's a pic of one of those spots that looks just so enticing, but in all probability sucks. It is somewhat farther north of Cardigan. Hoping to check it out this season. I fully expect a 2.5 mile approach for 300 vertical feet, but whatever - somebody's gotta give it a shot.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-9bba286f-71d0-4b91-a1b6-e37843050bf4.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	560.2 KB 
ID:	311909

  13. #1663
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    39,826
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I despise MRG, Alta, and Deer Valley for their ban of snowboarders. It's the most archaic discriminating policy in the industry. I'd love to open a mountain and ban skiers. That would be gold. And yeah, as most of you kooks know, I am a skier. The fact I cannot hang with good friends and ride a great hill, two in fact, DV meh, is super annoying.
    Dude, it's down to three. Even Utah is a destination for boarders, with two there. DV and Alta have been gifted a market niche placement just by default, and they like it. Better bumps, too.
    MRG is different, bunch of Vermont commie socialist hippies.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  14. #1664
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,049
    Quote Originally Posted by t-the-east View Post
    Next time you’re up this way shoot me a message or stop into my store for some tasty beers. We always have change for a nickel.
    Thanks for the invite...will do!
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

  15. #1665
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,272
    Man, what a perfect day to be outside. Sunny days in January, pretty rare. Packed powder and no wind. Fuckin’ A.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E9A8739E-3BDE-493A-BCFB-D89907ECCADC.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	2.53 MB 
ID:	311935

    Headed to Pico tomorrow for the dealer demo. All of next years gear, and more perfect weather.
    Whoop Whoop
    crab in my shoe mouth

  16. #1666
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    39,826
    That wasn't powder. But it was fun.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  17. #1667
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Walpole NH
    Posts
    8,272
    It wasn’t Packed powder?
    Okay Boomer
    crab in my shoe mouth

  18. #1668
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Big in Japan
    Posts
    39,826
    Yeah, well, a Stratton fanboy would use "powder" in a term to describe that.

    Let's do some livin'
    After, we die

  19. #1669
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    22,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That wasn't powder. But it was fun.
    you do understand that "powder" and "packed powder" are two entirely different things, don't you?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

  20. #1670
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    779
    Fluffy and enjoyable Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3406C97B-580B-47BB-9824-323BFB59A4E8.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	927.3 KB 
ID:	311941
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	219C037E-563C-453A-A006-032AD33C68F6.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	681.9 KB 
ID:	311942
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4DAC96D5-6AAF-42F1-A059-5DAB98272D9A.jpg 
Views:	162 
Size:	793.4 KB 
ID:	311944

    Skinning up I realized I’ve been skiing this spot for 21 years.

  21. #1671
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    779
    And I still get lost

  22. #1672
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,960
    No way! Eeyore got on snow today?

    I didn't , wearing my tinfoil hat to avoid teh chemtrails

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200122_171145.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	857.5 KB 
ID:	311947
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  23. #1673
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    11,960
    Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    And I still get lost
    I did that a few weeks back, not really lost but missed my turn in point to a chute and ended up in a dead end alley of spruce. Ten minutes of pushing and squeezing got me over to my line.
    That looks like fun though, how is the snow doing? Getting damp?
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  24. #1674
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Where the north wind blows
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    I did that a few weeks back, not really lost but missed my turn in point to a chute and ended up in a dead end alley of spruce. Ten minutes of pushing and squeezing got me over to my line.
    That looks like fun though, how is the snow doing? Getting damp?
    Well I knew where I was, but lost in the way after the blow downs, completely changed the skinner.

    Snow was great, firmed up but very soft supportive 3D Powder, never banged on the ice base.

  25. #1675
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Banana Belt, VT
    Posts
    3,540
    Best ski vid evah???? Had not watched in awhile but was somehow in the mood.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •