Page 65 of 165 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4121
    Oh, and gave my kids a kiss goodnight.

It wasn’t Brandon’s gap or even world class but the fresh snow and some wind overnight filled in the tracks from the holiday hordes at the local bump’s side country zones.

A stellar winter day all around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MLK untracked aplenty ftw.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

what’s the term for someone who asks a question when they know the answer? (cause they know everything)

or someone that complains everyone is LOOK AT ME and then scours their hard drive to prove they are somebody, in pictures, too?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Just trying to fill the pages with nice images. What's the term for....oh right....circle jerk. ECRC. ML242...you the pivot man?

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    what’s the term for someone who asks a question when they know the answer? (cause they know everything)

or someone that complains everyone is LOOK AT ME and then scours their hard drive to prove they are somebody, in pictures, too?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200120_192731.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	865.3 KB 
ID:	311673
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    I see where you’re going.. yeah broke the transverse process C5-T2 and l1-2(later diagnosis). However, unlike needing a lift to get to the top of a mountain after an “epic day” I walked and rode my ass out, drove home, washed the blood off my face, and drove to the ER.
    Next time....let's not Jerry so hard. If you need some instruction, I am certified.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveVt View Post
    Just trying to fill the pages with nice images. What's the term for....oh right....circle jerk. ECRC. ML242...you the pivot man?
    yup, a bunch of strangers talking about skiing and not being complete douchebags to each is a circle jerk.
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Next time....let's not Jerry so hard. If you need some instruction, I am certified.
    What the fuck is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post

Name:	20200120_192731.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	865.3 KB 
ID:	311673
    Ha

Dave always a douchebag! Here's to more winter and deeper snow!

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    The Passion is in the Risk

Quote Originally Posted by lynchdogger View Post
    Dave always a douchebag! Here's to more winter and deeper snow!

Sent from my VS996 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Token NH report...Loon was surprisingly soft. Fair amount of bumps too. Almost like a groomer or two broke. Fingers crossed for snow this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bottleman View Post
    Snowboarder with shin and tibia fracture. Low tide, kids.

Back-country skiers/riders....please be careful. While the snow at higher elevations may seem epic (it’s probably not), near the bottom of that run we just don’t have much base.... hidden obstacles can be season-ending.

We pulled a snowboarder out of the woods yesterday with a fractured tibia. A hidden rock caused the fall....another hidden rock took out the shin bone.

Thanks to Mt Mansfield Ski Patrol and Cambridge Fire/rescue for the assist.
    Saw/heard them coming in mid morning as well and hoped that it wasn’t worse than you stated. Bones heal.

Mountain Road was a shit show but we still had first chair. Inbound conditions were good, Friday temps kept the crowds away.

Seeing my 7 and 9 year old ski for three days and love every minute of it was as good as any day out of bounds for me. Perspective changes when it’s time to pass along the love of a first chair pow day to future maggots. A great day regardless of the challenges and masses.
    Best Regards,

UMKP

"Peter, You've been missing a lot of work lately".
    "I wouldn't exactly say I've been missing it, Bob".

mad was good, cold, quiet.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	899.4 KB 
ID:	311723   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	98 
Size:	798.7 KB 
ID:	311724   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	81 
Size:	730.9 KB 
ID:	311725   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	69 
Size:	795.9 KB 
ID:	311728   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	68 
Size:	776.2 KB 
ID:	311729  

Last edited by buckethead; 01-21-2020 at 06:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Um,no. I'm experienced enough to know that Sunday of MLK weekend the week after 60 degree rains and in a generally sucky season is one of the last days you want to ski at Kmart, where, btw, I have a full pass. Here, the Killington zone people are much more truthful about conditions than here: (today)

"big disappointment out there today. and yeah killington next time flip the ruler around and use the inch side instead of the centimeter side. we were out at 7:50 and there were already substantial lines waiting for both bear lifts to roll. opening run down an already tracked upper wildfire was a chinese downhill to get to all the "powder". but we were doggedly determined to ski pow so we hit the usual suspects like thimble, upper needles & mid/lower vertigo. they were ok but there was a cocktail of hard stuff & rock underneath. actually the best may have been low road. our south ridge run was "ok" as was escapade but lower cascade sucked. add ridge run to list of sucks. headed down to the bubble and the lift was out the corral before the lift stopped. waited there for 18 min before they announced the lift was closed. decided to tunnel it over to snowshed where that lift was stopped with an overflowing line. took the shuttle to supe where that line was out of the corral. took that over to bear and done. hey killington, it's really a bad look to have the bubble go down on the busiest day of the season. place was packed. every parking space was taken including bear & skyeship. no more holiday weekends for me ..."

Nice. A zillion people, crappy conditions, and broken lifts. So sad I missed it. Should be a decent week, though. Maybe it will snow sometime before April.
    I was parked at Bear Saturday and Sunday.
    I mostly agree with your description of the Sunday conditions and I skied all of your favorite lines probably the same time as you. I have praxis skis with a beautiful wood top sheet you know that it’s probably a mags ski so why didn’t you ask for change. Maybe Harry’s correct and you are a good guy in person. Don’t be afraid I don’t bite.
    I also was hoping for a POW day and was disappointed with the 5 inches with a wind crust above Ice and rocks, but the difference is I still had fun and drank a few beers in the lot and had a big smile on my face. I usually do 2 trips a season mostly Utah and Europe and I do know the difference but I still love the East it’s where I taught my daughter and now my grandson the love of the mountains.
    Life is to short don’t waist it by complaining.

Buttah I met a co-worker of yours at a bar in Ludlow Friday night really nice guy who spoke very highly of you, but I knew that already.

I heard low tide, high traffic. Good early. One line was down climbed. Too steep and boney. Braintree.

As for my ability..who cares. Skis have always been a tool to take me to the places I wanted to go. The fact that deep snow is magic is pure bonus, I would still be in the BC if I never learned....having less fun, but still enjoying the Green Mtns hidden, underwhelming treasures. My 6 seasons resort skiing was a requirement. I had fun there but I ditched the vert whore crowd pretty early on. Seriously, I just don't understand how someone could ski the same trails, same resort(s) for a lifetime, or even a decade. I went from having a weird reverence for the aging resort guys still banging away at the wheel going on 40-50 years, to just feeling really sorry for them and being sad to see them at the lift and listen to the same garbage about how good their run was when the reality is anything at the resort on all but the most primo days is nothing to brag about in Vermont.

Still I feel like I make a nice turn or two worth remembrance at the tail gait with a beer and a joint. Looking forward to some long tours soon....
    Attachment 311637
    Attachment 311638
    Attachment 311640
    Attachment 311641
    Shit - I can remember everyone of those days. There is some pretty high stoke in those pictures!

If I'm active or not...the ECRC core always finds some way to cunt up the action here. Bore-ass...you are the ultimate key-board warrior. Belittle people, then get all butt hurt when you're called out for being a beater. Lol. Funny. The fragile ego of the white male in America. So good. If you ever want to actually spar, let me know, I'm in the gym 4 times a week...I promise to not attack your chicken neck. It would be good for you. In fact, the entire ECRC inner circle-jerk could line up, and I'll spar you all one after another. You would all be better people for it. Let me know. From my perspective, ECRC frat boys are the real douche bags....I say that, and would say it directly to you, with a smile. Intardnet bitches.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmtnman View Post
    Shit - I can remember everyone of those days. There is some pretty high stoke in those pictures!
    Ah, one photo you were not in, and it's a place I have not taken you....yet. Maybe this winter, if it ever comes in earnest.

Name:	20190112_160625.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	1.33 MB 
ID:	311733

Attachment 311732

Quote Originally Posted by Generalstark View Post
    It wasn’t Brandon’s gap or even world class but the fresh snow and some wind overnight filled in the tracks from the holiday hordes at the local bump’s side country zones.

A stellar winter day all around...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looking surprisingly nice back there. Appears to be more snow down low than there is up high

If I'm active or not...the ECRC core always finds some way to cunt up the action here. Bore-ass...you are the ultimate key-board warrior. Belittle people, then get all butt hurt when you're called out for being a beater. Lol. Funny. The fragile ego of the white male in America. So good. If you ever want to actually spar, let me know, I'm in the gym 4 times a week...I promise to not attack your chicken neck. It would be good for you. In fact, the entire ECRC inner circle-jerk could line up, and I'll spar you all one after another. You would all be better people for it. Let me know. From my perspective, ECRC frat boys are the real douche bags....I say that, and would say it directly to you, with a smile. Intardnet bitches.

troll...

MRG is $3.50 on 1/28. I've been looking to ski MRG lately - its been way too long. Anyone else planning on that day? If it snow's decent, I'll be playing hookey.

Is this "throwback day" usually a zoo?

New Jersey Dave has entered the octagon

Quote Originally Posted by yellofin View Post
    New Jersey Dave has entered the octagon
    And forgot to take his meds.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post

I think you know the answer to that:0) Has been a long, long time since I have attended but even with it being a zoo it was always fun. Lots of locals in woolies with rear entry boots and straight skis. Not much as skiers but those fuckers could DRINK.

Quote Originally Posted by HankScorpio View Post
    MRG is $3.50 on 1/28. I've been looking to ski MRG lately - its been way too long. Anyone else planning on that day? If it snow's decent, I'll be playing hookey.

I'll be there with my delinquent school skipping son. Risked the $7 and pre-bought the tickets.