Page 153 of 165 FirstFirst ... 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,825 of 4121
    does anyone know if goodyear makes a decent snow?
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

not as good as ratnik...

I just put Altimax all seasons on my Volvo. Agree, they're decent tires for the price. Not flogging a 9-year-old car with 113K+ so all I need is something to keep me going straight down the road on 2+ hour commutes.

Waiting for the "Tech Talk Jong" comment.

I'll throw in for the General Altimax Arctics, been running them for 3 seasons on the 4Runner and love them. Had a set for the Rav4 before we sold it as well.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    If you think it’s bad at Lareau and Warren Falls, check the nude beach, no masks or bathing suits.
    Ha, the fat naked man hole, ie Punchbowl, was closed this summer due to covid.

This Front Porch Forum post sums up what is happening here this summer. MTB shuttlers has been harassing people asking them to move cars blocking driveway access up the hill from me and speeding through the neighborhood oblivious to walkers and speed limit signs. Was at the post office a few weeks back and the owner of most of the Bridge Street parking lot was raging about the trash and general disrespect of visitors, she would have closed it already but her husband vetoed that. A lot of these visitors, bad locals should shelter in place to avoid being d-bags in public.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 7.12.15 AM.png 
Views:	78 
Size:	397.4 KB 
ID:	338043

Isn't there a Tech Talk snow tire thread?

pps, running studded Altimax' on the big red ram and it goes crazy fast in snow.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

bye bye, bobbin mill, thanks for the swims. The dog owners are really grinding my gears these days. When did 'No Dogs' become 'No dog but mine'? was it ever not like that?

^^^ Probably about the same time that "Service Animal" came into the popular vocabulary. The dog vest has become the everybody gets a ribbon of the pet world.

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    ^^^ Probably about the same time "Service Animal" came into the popular vocabulary. The dog vest has become the everybody gets a ribbon of the pet world.

East MF Coast 19/20.

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    bye bye, bobbin mill, thanks for the swims. The dog owners are really grinding my gears these days. When did 'No Dogs' become 'No dog but mine'? was it ever not like that?
    You just described every post and thread on the ‘hike the 4kers in NH’ groups on Facebook.

‘’My dog lives its life off the leash’’

‘’I’ll kick your dog if it charges me and my leashed dog’’

‘’l’ll kick you if you kick my dog’’

‘’I’ll shoot you before you kick me’’

‘’... see ya on the trails!’’

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    I just put Altimax all seasons on my Volvo. Agree, they're decent tires for the price. Not flogging a 9-year-old car with 113K+ so all I need is something to keep me going straight down the road on 2+ hour commutes.

Waiting for the "Tech Talk Jong" comment.

I get crazy deals on the Sumitomo Ice Edge tires and honestly I love them. A little noisy but they're great in the snow and mud/loose dirt too. I think I paid 320ish mounted, balanced and 4W aligned with 255/55/18s on Ash's car. On BLT Craig's little pickup I got him summer tires for 180 all around lol.

Let me know if you are ever in the market. It's in Keene, so pretty convenient for you. Deals on all brands, but the Ice Edges are aggressive and super cheap.
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

Boom

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 7.15.01 AM.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	625.4 KB 
ID:	338112
    www.apriliaforum.com

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Boom

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 7.15.01 AM.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	625.4 KB 
ID:	338112

So Sunday River and the Loaf put the "Maine Pass" on sale today, but Loon has no passes currently available (still lists the New England pass details, no purchases available at this point).

The Dominicans were somewhere on gatehouse at the bush last evening cutting back trail edges at 6 pm. Likely a contract that was signed a long time ago, not much else going on other than some digging on reverse traverse where it crosses murphys.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

https://vtskiandride.com/vail-resort...lottery-begin/

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I <heart> hot tele-moms

Soooo....I have an Epic Military Pass which is really an unlimited pass except I can't use it at partner resorts like Sun Valley and Telluride. It's really cheap. This will be my third year using it. So far, I've only used it on weekdays, mostly at Stowe, but I have hit Okemo and Mt. Snow from my Magic base. Now that I live in Cow Hampshire most of the time, I can see a few weekdays at Crotched and Sunapee, maybe a few at Stowe if I ever go back to work in Burlington more than 1 day/week. Weekends will still be at Magic. The way Magic has structured its reservation system, passholders should never be shut out except for (possibly) peak holidays like MLK and Preisdents' weekend. I wouldn't even consider the shitshow at the big Epic resorts during the holidays or even most weekends.

For those that can only pull weekend warrior outings, it will likely suck more. Maybe time to check out the lesser known areas that will likely never hit any kind of capacity limit. (Pico, Bolton, Smuggs, Suicide Six, Northeast Slopes).

I have a dream of buying a used Sprinter, an Indy Pass, and doing my best to hit all of the resorts they partner with. Retirement is so close, I can smell it.

East MF Coast 19/20.

^^^You know the best stashes that So VT BC has to offer and no one is ever there. just plan on getting really familiar with the USGS maps and getting fit this winter.

^Getting fit now. Just have to extend it into winter.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post

I have a dream of buying a used Sprinter, an Indy Pass, and doing my best to hit all of the resorts they partner with. Retirement is so close, I can smell it.
    I have that dream too except I want a used 21 ft class c

For what it's worth this week I got a maple creemee at canteen with no line. Took a dip at bobbin mill with only one other guy there. Midweek. Granted it was not that warm out.

My crystal ball: Once school starts in hybrid in most places it will be weekend crowded but midweek will be mellow. Maybe more skiers than usual but still not bad.
    Overall more folks at places like bush since they might normally take a flight somewhere, but weekend. And Cannon and magic and those places might see more skiers but still nothing like bush K or Stowe.
    There will be more skiers at Rasta and GBA glades but still not overrun midweek.

I really just hope it snows in New England this season. I can figure it out from there.

Can we send Ullr an amen?

I <heart> hot tele-moms

Quote Originally Posted by jhyatt View Post

Can we send Ullr an amen?

I don't think Ullr speaks Christian... preferred currency is Tits. And Ass. Or Both.
    Last edited by singlecross; 08-29-2020 at 06:29 AM.

FKNA for snow and then we figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    That Don't Make No Sense

Quote Originally Posted by singlecross View Post
    I don't think Ullr speaks Christian... preferred currency is Tits. And Ass. Or Both.
    www.apriliaforum.com

Ottime

^^^ Truth.

43 degrees base o' Magic (1,300') this morning at 4:30 am. I know there's a thread for "the turn" but needed to get the ECRC back up the charts.

In early July, the sun was up before 5am for my 2 hour commute to Burlington. Now it's dark all the way to Bristol (almost 6am).

Fingers crossed that this ski season doesn't end up like Notre Dame or any other number of colleges that thought 18-22 year olds could behave responsibly.