Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    JUST CITIOT FUCKTARDS WHO LIVE IN DENVER AND HAVE 2ND HOMES IN GAPESTONE. OMG GUNNNSSS!!!!!!!! GO FUCK YOURSELF. THIS JUST IN, IF YOU LIVE NEAR OTHERS YOU'LL HEAR SOUNDS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT LIKE. I SUGGEST HAVING A .40 CAL FOR BREAKFAST.
    Quote Originally Posted by JONG SLAUGHTER View Post
    KEEP IN MIND THE SHOOTING RANGE IN QUESTION IS LITERALLY 100' FROM THE COUNTY DUMP AND AN ELECTRIC SUBSTATION. WHAT A BUNCH OF NIMBY CUNTS.
    We waited all of 2019 for these posts?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post

Second fave is when a family complained to my town about a compressed air cannon that was used to keep crows out of a corn field.

Don’t move to the country folks if you don’t have a clue about what your local flavor of country tastes like

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    So in your neck of the woods that would be something to think about? LOL, no offense but I would be clueless about that also.

Funny how little the majority of the population knows how their food is made and where it comes from. Not trying to be a dick whatsoever. Just not a ton of common knowledge out there on how farms and ranches operate.

does anyone know if the bitch complaining is even hot?

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    So in your neck of the woods that would be something to think about? LOL, no offense but I would be clueless about that also.
    you are clueless. if you are an urbanite or surburbanite maybe green acres isn't the place for you.

what are your thoughts on hunting? there was a hunter with a tree stand in the field across from my house. My home was in his field of fire. He would have been grossly negligent to put a round near my home given the distance and the height of the stand. going to the owner of the field and complaining would not being a reasonable neighbor. The risk was tiny and probably most city people wouldn't recognize the tree stand for what it was

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    you are clueless. if you are an urbanite or surburbanite maybe green acres isn't the place for you.

what are your thoughts on hunting? there was a hunter with a tree stand in the field across from my house. My home was in his field of fire. He would have been grossly negligent to put a round near my home given the distance and the height of the stand. going to the owner of the field and complaining would not being a reasonable neighbor. The risk was tiny and probably most city people wouldn't recognize the tree stand for what it was
    I was just off the field of fire while walking the dog on the road next to our neighboring field. A herd of elk started running towards us, then two shots and a bull dropped 100ft from us. Then I notice just to the right of the elk and beyond, an orange vest, then two.
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Quote Originally Posted by TNKen View Post
    First, need pics of Tracey.

Second, let's organize a machine gun shoot there. With a live night fire like Knob Creek ("Serbia").

How could a fire start at a gun range? Sounds like BS.
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I was just off the field of fire while walking the dog on the road next to our neighboring field. A herd of elk started running towards us, then two shots and a bull dropped 100ft from us. Then I notice just to the right of the elk and beyond, an orange vest, then two.
    eek

We've had two fires set by target shooters. One was using incendiary rounds in super dry conditions. He claims 'he didn't know incendiary ammo burned'. Another year in tinderbox conditions, a guy was shooting on his property and apparently hit a rock which sparked a fire.

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    We've had two fires set by target shooters. One was using incendiary rounds in super dry conditions. He claims 'he didn't know incendiary ammo burned'.
    the joys of country life. it is a little mellower here in my part of the peoples republic of vt

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    One way......... https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tannerite

...or a person could fire machine guns at drums full of gasoline.....
    "You're young and you got your health, what do you want with a job?"

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    if they moved it somewhere better, it could be an improvement.
    LOL
    1. Where could they move it that wouldn't be substantially worse and inconvenient?
    2. The only reason the range exists is that the land it is on is completely worthless. as it borders the landfill. No way the D county kommisars would ever put any money toward it, much less the $ required to buy otherwise usable land in another locale.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Then there's The Rodenator to really cause concern for transplants:

Best regards, Terry

SlideWright.com

Quote Originally Posted by Summit View Post
    LOL
    1. Where could they move it that wouldn't be substantially worse and inconvenient?
    2. The only reason the range exists is that the land it is on is completely worthless. as it borders the landfill. No way the D county kommisars would ever put any money toward it, much less the $ required to buy otherwise usable land in another locale.
    actually it would be nice to have more than a 100 yards...maybe shoot over summit cove?

for what its worth, that range is a shit show these days. so many wanna be gangstas its a bit frightening...fortunately they have range safety officers. ive heard multiple stories from this year of folks being rightfully kicked out. i guess 75% of users are Front rangers

LOL
    Plenty of land north of town. Far less fire danger too. There’s already a few private ranges up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusty View Post
    Lake Christina fire was started by a couple illegally using tracer rounds at the Basalt range.

The Summit Range has started multiple fires over the last few years so they will probably use that against it too.
    Several years ago, it was Earth Day. Woods were powder dry. I took a bunch of friends and most of the big-gun arsenal to the Forest Circus range. Included in the bunch was the MG-42. I had taken a bunch of Maylasian belts that were 4-1 tracer and pulled the tracers, or so I thought. Ripping belts and having a blast. Guy beside us packs up and as he gets in his truck yells "Heyyyyy, I think ya'll done started a farrr down there." Sure enough, we saw some smoke. Ran down and started pulling a fire line. Called the local VFD and it managed to burn about 4-5 acres before they got there. My only saving grace was I knew the Forest Circus officer that responded to the call. Took a rash of shit. Turns out, this is about a 2-3 times a year occurrence at the range.
    Last edited by TNKen; 10-30-2019 at 08:13 AM.
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

There was a tannerite fire this past Summer in Pinedale. They called it the Tannerite Fire.
    Ski Shop - Basement of the Hostel

Do not tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish.

Mark Twain

If we start move our ranges to BFE, give it 5 years and there'll be development there too .. making the same complaint. Classic nimby, not solving the problem just displacing it.

People aren't going to stop shooting. The regs to shoot on FS or BLM land are pretty loose, and happily these spots are MUCH closer to our complainers than the actual range is. Louder and less safe.
    So in our case? Close/move the range if you want .. but careful what you want for, you may get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    We waited all of 2019 for these posts?
    It’s nice to see Blurred remembered the login.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    If we start move our ranges to BFE, give it 5 years and there'll be development there too .. making the same complaint. Classic nimby, not solving the problem just displacing it.

People aren't going to stop shooting. The regs to shoot on FS or BLM land are pretty loose, and happily these spots are MUCH closer to our complainers than the actual range is. Louder and less safe.
    So in our case? Close/move the range if you want .. but careful what you want for, you may get it.
    Pretty cheap and easy to move a range to a more suitable location.
    Not saying anyone should stop shooting, and I've been to the range being discussed, many many times over the years. Most of the locals who frequent the range in question also have some scary stories of the shit they see going on up there. As a result, I know a lot of them have opted for some of the private gun clubs instead.

Plenty of land north of town. Far less fire danger too. There’s already a few private ranges up there.
    BVSC is on the Grand County border. So you want to put a public range up north of Silverthorne and make it longer, say 300 yards... who is gonna pay for 10-20 acres of land that has adequate terrain, backstop, and nothing important beyond it, build the range, facilities, parking, and possibly road... oh year no existing neighbors to complain and sue?

BVSC is on the Grand County border. So you want to put a public range up north of Silverthorne... who is gonna pay for 20 acres of land that has adequate terrain, backstop, and nothing important beyond it, with no existing neighbors to complain?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooobody!

Quote Originally Posted by cycology1 View Post
    actually it would be nice to have more than a 100 yards...maybe shoot over summit cove?

for what its worth, that range is a shit show these days. so many wanna be gangstas its a bit frightening...fortunately they have range safety officers. ive heard multiple stories from this year of folks being rightfully kicked out. i guess 75% of users are Front rangers
    Ha! ya, it would be nice to have 200-300 yards. But that gets super expensive because you need many acres.

To cut down on the shit show, I propose that only Summit County residents have free entry. Frangers gotta pay
    Last edited by Summit; 10-30-2019 at 04:36 PM.