Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

Gman is online now Mack Master William Large
    anyone have experience with the mounting service that amazon sells when you buy a new tv from them?

Guessing somebody will chime in with the suggestion that you mount your own fucking TV. Sorry - nothing more to add.

Start a thread.

I have a Sonos playbar wall mount for free if anyone wants it around SEA.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Guessing somebody will chime in with the suggestion that you mount your own fucking TV. Sorry - nothing more to add.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    This.

Drill, bits, level, tape measure, stud finder, screwdrivers, TV, and mount. Easy as shit.

I was half tempted last month just due to time around the holidays, but glad I saved the $100 or whatever.

In terms of running cords behind the drywall, look into this:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

So I think I'm going to get this: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-QN65Q...27&sr=8-2&th=1

Which wall mount setup should I snag? I don't foresee myself angling the tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    So I think I'm going to get this: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-QN65Q...27&sr=8-2&th=1

Which wall mount setup should I snag? I don't foresee myself angling the tv.
    I got this. Worked well.
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengali View Post
    Mom looks ready to party.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    anyone have experience with the mounting service that amazon sells when you buy a new tv from them?
    From what I know behind the scenes it is a local tech that has signed up for the Amazon Tech services to fulfill the labor for the task. Amazon flat rates the stuff and of course pays the tech a fee for doing the work order. Some are probably conscientious about the work and may do a good job, others are probably just trying to get in and out as fast as possible and try and cut corners on each and every install job.

Best Buy same set 999$

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...=960&keys=keys

I personely would stay away from Samsung - Go LG\\
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Best Buy same set 999$

I think my Sammy's picture is better than my LG. Same refresh, same aspect ratio. Sammy just looks crisper. Admittedly mine are about 4 year old. Both are adequate though. I'm not picky.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MTT View Post
    Best Buy same set 999$

That’s the q60, I’m looking at the q70. Also the Samsung doesn’t have the burn in issue that LG appears to suffer from.

I have a Sammy Q90 and the One-Connect box died one whole week after the initial warranty expired. been lotsa "fun" dealing with the extended warranty knob ends. They initially suggested that I find a replacement on fleabay.....
    Scientists now have decisive molecular evidence that humans and chimpanzees once had a common momma and that this lineage had previously split from monkeys.

I have a Sammy Q90 and the One-Connect box died one whole week after the initial warranty expired. been lotsa "fun" dealing with the extended warranty knob ends. They initially suggested that I find a replacement on fleabay.....
    I had a similar issue with a samsu g. The main board got zapped by a surge. Exactly 1 month out of warranty. I found the orig receipt. Scanned into computer, used Ms paint to adjust date and had warranty work covered. Fuck them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

What's the best time of year to get a deal on a tv? Is there a certain time of year where all the new tv's come in and the previous models get reduced, or maybe superbowl season, boxing day, etc? Just looking at a mid size TCL 6 series, don't mind 'last years', nothing crazy.

Have you checked this one out yet?

https://www.greentoe.com/product/Son...0000004uSdAIAU

We’ve been happy with our Sony. Also check out Greentoe. It’s a legit third party that pairs you up with an authorized seller. Sort of like Priceline, you can name your price. If it’s not accepted, you may get a counter offer. I’ve ordered from them a few times and it’s worked fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    What's the best time of year to get a deal on a tv? Is there a certain time of year where all the new tv's come in and the previous models get reduced, or maybe superbowl season, boxing day, etc? Just looking at a mid size TCL 6 series, don't mind 'last years', nothing crazy.
    FYI there's currently a sale for 15% off TCL TV's at Best Buy with coupon code tcldolby15. Looking at Amazon price history this appears to be a screaming deal on a lot of the models. I'm buying one today.

This is why you buy electronics at Costco on their house credit card. Costco extends the warranty to two years, buying it on their card doubles it again to four years.

Quote Originally Posted by LightRanger View Post
    This.

Drill, bits, level, tape measure, stud finder, screwdrivers, TV, and mount. Easy as shit.
    perfect excuse to start researching (starting a thread) to find a new line of lithium rechargeable shit!
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Quote Originally Posted by ml242 View Post
    perfect excuse to start researching (starting a thread) to find a new line of lithium rechargeable shit!
    There's a thread for that
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=cordless
    I still like my red ones

This.

I was half tempted last month just due to time around the holidays, but glad I saved the $100 or whatever.

I like that power bridge thing. When I did mine, I used the electrical outlet as the place for the cords to come out, I just cut a small semi-circle next to the outlet cover and had the wires come out that. It's behind a cabinet, so I don't care, but that thing looks clean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 2.07.12 PM.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	754.6 KB 
ID:	310628
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    There's a thread for that
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...light=cordless
    I still like my red ones
    I like turquoise. Particularly for the outdoor power equipment line (which not everybody will care about). But all have pros and cons.

New tools are fun. Recently discovered this tool outlet place near me that has absurd deals on stuff. Grabbed the 18v brushless recipro and brushless 6½" circ for $200 total a few months back. Both not their biggest and baddest, but would rather save weight for my homeowner needs. Was something like 40-45% off standard orange store prices.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I like that power bridge thing. When I did mine, I used the electrical outlet as the place for the cords to come out, I just cut a small semi-circle next to the outlet cover and had the wires come out that. It's behind a cabinet, so I don't care, but that thing looks clean.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-01-14 at 2.07.12 PM.png 
Views:	48 
Size:	754.6 KB 
ID:	310628
    Yep. My FIL had an electrician business years ago and was talking to me.about running wires and whatnot so it was to code. Wasn't looking forward to it and figured their had to be a cleaner way. Sure enough.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

This.

Depending on the mount, you may need a socket set or some sort of wrench to tighten lag bolts into the studs (if not using toggle bolts), some mounts also need allen wrench - but they many times include on in the hardware if they do. If you are fishing wire down the wall and putting a wall jack in, then add a dry wall saw or power reciprocal cutting saw, and a fish tape or something to get the wire down the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    This time of the year in the next few weeks (leading up to the super bowl is one of the times to get a bit better deal). Black Friday/Cyber Monday is another time of the year for sales and deals (of course passed).