Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    Depending on the mount, you may need a socket set or some sort of wrench to tighten lag bolts into the studs (if not using toggle bolts), some mounts also need allen wrench - but they many times include on in the hardware if they do. If you are fishing wire down the wall and putting a wall jack in, then add a dry wall saw or power reciprocal cutting saw, and a fish tape or something to get the wire down the wall.
    True. I guess my list wasn't *totally* comprehensive. More of a "this shit is actually pretty easy for the average person" list.

Lag screws that came with my mount kit had small bolt heads. Like 8mm maybe? I actually used my impact driver on them with a non-impact rated bit in a standard DeWalt magnetic extension. Had to tap the bit and extension with a hammer a few times to get it unstuck. But, damn, was that satisfying to jam those things in there, especially with such little effort versus a ratchet.

If you don't have something already, a small drywall saw is obviously way cheaper than a (new) reciprocating saw. And probably less likely to accidentally fuck something up.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernest_Hemingway View Post
    I realize there is not much hope for a bullfighting forum. I understand that most of you would prefer to discuss the ingredients of jacket fabrics than the ingredients of a brave man. I know nothing of the former. But the latter is made of courage, and skill, and grace in the presence of the possibility of death. If someone could make a jacket of those three things it would no doubt be the most popular and prized item in all of your closets.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    FYI there's currently a sale for 15% off TCL TV's at Best Buy with coupon code tcldolby15. Looking at Amazon price history this appears to be a screaming deal on a lot of the models. I'm buying one today.
    Thanks, looks like Best Buy in Canada doesn't do coupon codes but we have a similar sale on regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by RShea View Post
    This time of the year in the next few weeks (leading up to the super bowl is one of the times to get a bit better deal). Black Friday/Cyber Monday is another time of the year for sales and deals (of course passed).
    Cool, appreciated.

Bump. Looking for an 85” or bigger to put me at 1.8 x distance or lower. The TCL 85” is tempting at $1600. I’d like to keep it under $2,500.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Recommend me a new tv

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    Bump. Looking for an 85” or bigger to put me at 1.8 x distance or lower. The TCL 85” is tempting at $1600. I’d like to keep it under $2,500.

Sale:

SAMSUNG 86-Inch Class Crystal UHD TU9000 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (UN86TU9000FXZA, 2020 Model), Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P53PT4P...F46WV4SQTQWKWV

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/28/cnn-u...ainermobileweb

I waited for mom to die and got her 32" Samsung AND the cabinet I made when i was 15

reduce reuse recycle eh
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

I've got a TCL 635 and it has been great bang for the buck. No complaints here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I've got a TCL 635 and it has been great bang for the buck. No complaints here.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    Sorry I was so displeased with the 55" Roku we got about 60 days ago I took it back to Sam's yesterday. Swapped up to a 65" Vizio ($100 more). The sound and picture on the tcl was horrendous. Maybe I just got a bad unit but damn....

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using TGR Forums mobile app

Holy fuck. That’s hudge

Tv sucks
    Movies mostly suck these days.

. . .

See this wall over here? The whole thing is actually a giant TV. That's not wallpaper. That's digital wallpaper.
    LOL. This is where it is headed. Every wall, a TV.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er