Spend a season in Japow

We are looking for a Canadian male skier or boarder to spend three months with us in Hokkaido Japan. You need to be experienced in the backcountry, be able to turn a wrench, a hard worker and problem solver. You will be learning and helping out with everything our heli cat and backcountry operation does. In return you will get free accommodation, food and all the back country skiing.boarding you can handle. Preference will be given to people who can shred as an expert level and can also film and edit video. People who are eligible for a working holiday visa will be our first choice. This will be a learning year and the following year will be a paid season.
    Check out blackdiamondtours.com for more information and please email clayton@bdlodge.com for more info.

Sorry for grammar mistakes. Posted on old phone .

Why "Canadian"..?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTV View Post
    Why "Canadian"..?
    Or male?

"The Japanese Equal Employment Opportunity Law of 1985, effective in April 1986, prohibits gender discrimination with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, and job assignment."
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Could Clayton skirt the laws asking for an indentured eunuch of indeterminate caucasian origins?

i wish i could work for free.........canadianers get to have all the fun.

t'aint fair.

No offense, but I’m guessing someone qualified enough to land this gig in the first place ain’t gunna do it for free. Then there’s the Canadian male part...

Fuck you you fucking fuck. Reported.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    fuckin jongs thinkin people work for free
    piss off hoser
    eh
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Riding the bird daily or tethered to the fuel truck?
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

I was going to ask the question, is working for free like this common in this business? Web link looks like a legit and established company, and they aren't exactly describing an unpaid intern position.

A very established guy gave me a bit of advice about 30 years ago when starting in a new field of work: "Never work for free, it fucks everybody over".

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    I was going to ask the question, is working for free like this common in this business? Web link looks like a legit and established company, and they aren't exactly describing an unpaid intern position.

A very established guy gave me a bit of advice about 30 years ago when starting in a new field of work: "Never work for free, it fucks everybody over".
    Unfortunately there are enough trusties/idiots out there willing to work for free that the concept of an "internship" (see: slave) still exists in modern western style business.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Or male?

"The Japanese Equal Employment Opportunity Law of 1985, effective in April 1986, prohibits gender discrimination with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion, training, and job assignment."
    We all know that there are NO wimmen that can turn a wrench or shred at an expert level.

When I research trips to Japan, BD Lodge is one of the places that I consider. Maybe no more.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    When I research trips to Japan, BD Lodge is one of the places that I consider. Maybe no more.
    Ask them if the first trip is free...you’ll pay next year!

OP Just Curious. What pro deals are included in this internship?

Spend a season in Japow

In Clayton's defense, a bunch of kids have had minds blown by doing the whole work/trade thing in Japan.

I worked for him for a couple years over in Japan, and it was always an adventure. I did, however make money.

Maybe this post could have been worded a bit better, but yeah, it's a legit operation.
    Last edited by SUPERIOR; 10-29-2019 at 01:37 PM.

Finally got that “come on over!” email 3.5 years later...