Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Maggot Mini Summit: December 21 - 22, 2019 Idaho Panhandle

Norseman can take credit for the idea.

We want to get the Inland NW mags together, sounds like we could possibly have some of the PNW contingent visit as well.

Pending ski areas opening/operating... although late December is a pretty safe bet.

Dates:
    December 21st at Silver Mountain, December 22nd at Schweitzer.
    Those travelling from out of town - bonus bookend days can be arranged. Lookout pass can be really fun with new snow (small hill though) and there's lots of nearby options in NE Washington and Canada.

Maybe a potluck or dinner as a group on Saturday night somewhere?

2funky is our resident Silver guru and I will defer to him for the beta on the waterslides and longest gondola in the known universe.

Mooseknuckles can fill us in on the best soups at Schweitzer and how to ski in the fog.

For out of towners - There maybe some discount tickets available at both Silver and Schweitzer.

Schweitzer tickets bought in advance on their site or liftopia can be pretty cheap compared to window price. They are also members of the powder alliance.

Silver has $10 buddy ticket discounts that can be offered up as well by some of us passholders.

Any mags from anywhere are welcome - don't think this is just a PNW bro-down... there are direct flights to Spokane (about 1 - 1.5 hours from either hill) from just about everywhere, and bought in advance flights can be comically cheap. For instance I just got a PDX to GEG one way for $79.00.

-TAFKALVS
    Last edited by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier; 10-25-2019 at 06:48 AM.

If I'm in the PNW count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    TAFKALVS
    When are you going to get a symbol? That'd be easier to not try to pronounce.

Also, this is just up the road from Bozeman, might have to see if I can swing it.

Our slides are the wetestest and the ‘Dola is a beer and a bowl ride, so just the right length. In for sure Saturday, not sure on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    In for sure Saturday, not sure on Saturday.
    Looks like the lead got to your head

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Looks like the lead got to your head
    Lol. Not sure what the ef happened there.

Unfortunately, this is taking place on, hopefully, my only week out of town or at least not at some place skiing this winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Training carts are for jongs. I remember back when this forum had legit bull-fighters and not a bunch of posers.

I’ll leave all navigational duties to the long time locals and legends Boardski, Kootenay, jono etc and all the other lurkers who I have encountered loitering the village and do not post to the TGRz regularly or only peruse gear swap.

That weekend is one of the few that I can make. Kids in rep hockey make weekends a premium. Much like TAFKALS I have passes at both. I enjoy beer, whisky, chicken wings, and long walks on snowy nights, and skiing.

Gag. New name or a symbol asap

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Count me in for Saturday and will do my best to join Sunday

Damn, not looking like those dates work — it’s all good. Ski with you kooks sometime else.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    When are you going to get a symbol? That'd be easier to not try to pronounce.

Also, this is just up the road from Bozeman, might have to see if I can swing it.
    Couldn't we just call him, 'Prince' ( he could do a lot worse ) --

This is intriguing

( normally I work holiday week. . . )

Silver --

Schweitzer for Michael --

fly back.

Maybe. tj

I'll probably be there if my PNW family doesn't plan something for that weekend for me to do.

Interest is perked.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jaynus View Post
    Unfortunately, this is taking place on, hopefully, my only week out of town or at least not at some place skiing this winter.
    family isn’t that important anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
    I’ll leave all navigational duties to the long time locals and legends Boardski, Kootenay, jono etc and all the other lurkers who I have encountered loitering the village and do not post to the TGRz regularly or only peruse gear swap.
    so you will take care of guidance in the soup arena, right?

For those other listed mags & lurkers, hopefully they can attend.

Hoping this is an event to help us all meet each other and get a little more connected.

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    That weekend is one of the few that I can make. Kids in rep hockey make weekends a premium. Much like TAFKALS I have passes at both. I enjoy beer, whisky, chicken wings, and long walks on snowy nights, and skiing.
    right on, would love to link up and make some turns, either at the event or later in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    changing user names is spooky

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    Count me in for Saturday and will do my best to join Sunday
    Sweet. Looking forward to meeting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Damn, not looking like those dates work — it’s all good. Ski with you kooks sometime else.
    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Tell Mrs SkiLyft that family can wait, gotta hang with the bros
    Quote Originally Posted by skiJ View Post
    Couldn't we just call him, 'Prince' ( he could do a lot worse ) --

This is intriguing

( normally I work holiday week. . . )

Silver --

Schweitzer for Michael --

fly back.

Maybe. tj
    Word

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Fiedler View Post
    I'll probably be there if my PNW family doesn't plan something for that weekend for me to do.
    That should be holiday crunch and Christmas isn’t till the following week...
    Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Interest is perked.
    sweet, would love to ski with you

subscribed

could maybe might make schwietzer happen

maybe. haven't skied jackass in an age. t'would be apropos, eh?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Word

That should be holiday crunch
    ROFL

so you will take care of guidance in the soup arena, right?
    Nachos.

I hope all the mods force you to keep that username. Good luck with selecting your new avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    maybe. haven't skied jackass in an age. t'would be apropos, eh?
    Fear not, NOTHING has changed.

Correction...the only change that has occurred is the extended lift ride times on 4. No, they did not add any new towers, cable or chairs.

This might be an appropriate place to admit a few facts, since they may come in handy for planning.

The foggy basin to the north will definitely be open by then because it will be open at Thanksgiving. Not because snow or anything, just Black Friday shoppers and new hotel capacity that needs filling at Christmas. So the groomers and the early birds will shave a few yards of gravel off the protruding rock and distribute it in the snow to form a nice granite-ice (excuse me: packed powder) composite that flows slowly uphill toward the bottom of each lift over the course of the next month or two. December 22 should be peak gravel season, which is great for traction while you're bootpacking those last few steps up to the lift. Thanks to excellent foresight by OP (and Norseman) there is still time to put the finishing touches on your gravel quiver, so this should be a win-win.

At least it will be foggy: vaping your favorite herb may be illegal in Idaho, but how would anyone see you? As a mediocre-term resident my paranoia is almost high enough already, but I'm looking forward to some nachos and finally figuring out which of these guys I've surely shared a lift with is actually mooseknuckles.

^ Top-tier poster right there, uncountable wit

Quote Originally Posted by Not really an Artist View Post

We want to get the Inland NW mags together, sounds like we could possibly have some of the PNW contingent visit as well.

2funky is our resident Silver guru
    Considering a marathon Pass-2-Panhandle day.

1 day?