Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Jaynus View Post
    These posts are a bunch of vape smoke. I've never seen Loup-Loup better. That's the real Maggot Mini Summit, disregard posting location.
    "One Dollar, cheaper than a lift ticket and it lasts forever" Powder Winter 72-73 Issue #1

Will try and make it out if i'm not gone for the holidays somewhere else.

sounds fun. im staying west for christmas but should make it back this weekend or the following. i got skunked at schweitzer on my last run from seattle, and it wasn’t the first holiday she ruined.

def for swizz sunday. will have to see if I can get a hall pass for the gangedola saturday
    it'll be fun to put some faces to the names, but be careful not to get any wierdness on ya
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    This might be an appropriate place to admit a few facts, since they may come in handy for planning.

The foggy basin to the north will definitely be open by then because it will be open at Thanksgiving. Not because snow or anything, just Black Friday shoppers and new hotel capacity that needs filling at Christmas. So the groomers and the early birds will shave a few yards of gravel off the protruding rock and distribute it in the snow to form a nice granite-ice (excuse me: packed powder) composite that flows slowly uphill toward the bottom of each lift over the course of the next month or two. December 22 should be peak gravel season, which is great for traction while you're bootpacking those last few steps up to the lift. Thanks to excellent foresight by OP (and Norseman) there is still time to put the finishing touches on your gravel quiver, so this should be a win-win.

At least it will be foggy: vaping your favorite herb may be illegal in Idaho, but how would anyone see you? As a mediocre-term resident my paranoia is almost high enough already, but I'm looking forward to some nachos and finally figuring out which of these guys I've surely shared a lift with is actually mooseknuckles.
    I miss chair 6 already
    embrace the gape
    and believe

With these clinking staves I cast the Spell of the Carving Birdman upon your odeous malodorous broletariat.

Or are you embracing the Invisible Gape?

cheers.

been to schweitzer a couple of times a few years back. nice place. wish is was 2000 ft higher.

best night skiing i've done. + they have a "dark side".

rule of life: if it is snowing and there is night skiing, go f'n night skiing... with some tunes.

1st time walked out of their bar after an iced up day and it dumped like 6" while i was inside plus kept snowing, walked outside like wtf? game on. great session.

2nd time they had some fire works and it was foggy. everyone was sitting all on the slopes to watch fireworks. kept lapping the lift. it was like skiing in WW2 dodging people sitting / lying on the slopes with the flashes and booms. awesome. only a few kept skiing.

was never a fan of night skiing from prior experiences until schweitzer. now it is on my radar any place with a storm.

visible or not, spread the Gape, like stoke, thus pleasing the GSA
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Bump, update, inquiry.

I think my clan will roll from Pugetopolis to Colville on the 20th, hanging there for a couple days before continuing to MT. Best chance to ski will be Sunday the 22nd, done as a day trip from Colville.

What is the drive like from there to Sandpoint/Schwizz in winter? Goog sez 2hrs over Flowery Trail Rd... past 49 deg N.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    With these clinking staves I cast the Spell of the Carving Birdman upon your odeous malodorous broletariat.

Or are you embracing the Invisible Gape?
    Crane Style.

Bump, update, inquiry.

I think my clan will roll from Pugetopolis to Colville on the 20th, hanging there for a couple days before continuing to MT. Best chance to ski will be Sunday the 22nd, done as a day trip from Colville.

What is the drive like from there to Sandpoint/Schwizz in winter? Goog sez 2hrs over Flowery Trail Rd... past 49 deg N.

Thanks
    Should be fine. Or could be snowy, but not if you bring a well-shod 4x4. So leave that home and we're probably good.

Bump, update, inquiry.

Thanks
    Looks like ill miss ya this year, bummer.

Bump, update, inquiry.

Thanks
    My limited experience is it's a pretty mellow drive.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Looks like ill miss ya this year, bummer.
    Well the plan could change a dozen times before we get there.

Well the plan could change a dozen times before we get there.
    More than likely as could my sunday plans. We shall see.

flowery trail is usually easy unless you get there before the plow after a dump. 2hrs+ from colville to the swizz on clear roads.
    Becki teaches there so we do flowery trail to 49* a lot. Will be taking the RV on a few back to back days.
    Last edited by b0ardski; 11-07-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Expressing my interest to ski a new to me
    Hill in udaho with any luck we'll be skiing some blower.

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

the Swizz was pretty today but they aint no base
    embrace the gape
    and believe

Same with Silver, view from my room 5 minutes ago. Do your damn snow dance. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1832.JPG 
Views:	80 
Size:	192.9 KB 
ID:	303404

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bump. Granite Sharks are in full force, but will be covered soon enough. Schweitzer skiing okay but very limited, fingers crossed for a few more storms before 2 weekends from now. Silver still not spinning.

Looking like both days are in play for me now.
    Silver is just one bomb cyclone away from being 100% open...

Oh man. Silver has got to get some
    Snow at some point.

Schwizzle is getting maybe up to a foot by weekend.

Damn

I know Lookout is not on the radar for this but there looked to be about 6" total when I drove by today. Grass still visible everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RootSkier View Post
    I know Lookout is not on the radar for this but there looked to be about 6" total when I drove by today. Grass still visible everywhere.
    This weeks storm(s) should help. They’ve already announced Saturday as opening day and possibly Friday if snows enough. Looks like Silver also plans to open limited terrain on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by bourbonisgood View Post
    This weeks storm(s) should help. They’ve already announced Saturday as opening day and possibly Friday if snows enough. Looks like Silver also plans to open limited terrain on Saturday
    If the totals stay true they could open quite a bit.