Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    LOL. Swissiphic is reveling in the ghettoworx projects! Nice work!
    Probably took longer to dig/haul out the ladder than doing the bends, am I right?!

Looks less dangerous than the bottle jack method I used.
    [Though, to be fair, that wouldn't have worked on mine.]
    Lol; less dangerous but also less style points than bottle jack method. Bottle jacks = max steeze.
    Master of mediocrity.

I wonder what amount of heat? You could probably make something out of incandessant light bulbs like they do for a XC ski hotbox

Back in the day when modifying WW kayaks was a thing there was the Suzuki method or the Toyota method

put plywood/sandbags over the end of the boat and drive on it.
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    I wonder what amount of heat? You could probably make something out of incandessant light bulbs like they do for a XC ski hotbox

Back in the day when modifying WW kayaks was a thing there was the Suzuki method or the Toyota method

put plywood/sandbags over the end of the boat and drive on it.
    A ski guide I work with his some experience with this stuff and during a discussion, mentioned a temp range but I can't remember. I'll get more beta at the lfh training week in mid dec.

As for heating system...wonder if a little cabin burner electric heater placed facing forward in a hole in the box would do the trick? Set the thermostat and keep doing temp measurements then adjust thermostat up or down to dial in the desired average temp? Put it on a timer and set for desired time of heating?
    Master of mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    You’re going to have to compromise the epoxy somehow to achieve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    Pull tails up till wood core starts making crackling sounds...

Quote Originally Posted by swissiphic View Post
    A ski guide I work with his some experience with this stuff and during a discussion, mentioned a temp range but I can't remember. I'll get more beta at the lfh training week in mid dec.

As for heating system...wonder if a little cabin burner electric heater placed facing forward in a hole in the box would do the trick? Set the thermostat and keep doing temp measurements then adjust thermostat up or down to dial in the desired average temp? Put it on a timer and set for desired time of heating?
    Heat and pressure are what put the curvy bits in a ski so more heat and pressure are the most likey way to alter that.

light bulbs in an insulated foil lined suitcase/like enclosure big enough to clamp off the ends of a ski or clamp around the middle of a ski, wire up 3 or more sockets , control heat by removing/instaling bulbs, check heat with a 30$ infared thermometer

might ^^ be less likely to burn the house down but not very ghetto

would be good for warming up pizza for the non celiac's out there
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know