Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
    Thanks for the insight schralp and joe. Your words definitely have me pondering an aggressive hardtail instead of a aggressive 120mm bike as a third to the quiver...

To add to what others have said - I like a hardtail for early and late season, when cleaning pivots is a pain in the ass. And sometimes when I'm riding my same old local trails for the bazillionth time, it's fun to pull out the hardtail. Adds a bit of challenge to tech sections that I can otherwise ride in my sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    Thanks for the insight schralp and joe. Your words definitely have me pondering an aggressive hardtail instead of a aggressive 120mm bike as a third to the quiver...
    Doooooo it! And make it your hand-myself-down parts bike when you upgrade things on the other two bikes

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBison View Post
    What makes you guys excited about the n9? Iím not a hardtail guy and am genuinely curious. looking at the new Norco torrent or some of the chromagís get me way more excited about a gnarly hardtail...
    Personally, Iím not even close to being in the market for a hardtail. That said, Canfield pretty much set the standard for modern geo 29er HT with the N9 and the Yelli Screamy. Absolute landmark bike. Modern-er geo at an outrageous price? FKNA!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it tubeless, I will. I got spare time.

I'm most stoked that Canfield is building bikes again and supporting a localish to me brand. But also on a versatile, modern geo, steel hardtail. It'll be a backup bike for me, might dabble in single speed again. Chromag would fit the bill too but the Doctahawk is a bit much for my taste geometry wise. The Norco looks cool but not as cool as the Canfield and it will certainly edge anything not custom in quality.

The short chainstays and nice reach on the NN are gonna be fun, the medium reach is just 4mm shy of my Firebird29. It should take a beating too. Can't wait to build it up!
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow... flying through the air.

You're going to love that N9. A couple summers ago my frame cracked and I was going to be out of a bike for a while I waited on a warranty replacement from Giant. Some friends happened to have a Salsa El Mariachi in my size they weren't using so they loaned it to me. Now, the El Mar has short CS's but otherwise is a far cry from an "agro geo HT" (71* HTA), and this particular one had a crappy 80(?) mm fork, weak brakes, no dropper, and a kludged parts bin drivetrain. Despite all that, it was a riot to ride. I've wanted a proper all-mountain HT ever since but just haven't been able to make it happen. New N9 with a 150 mm DVO Diamond sounds:

Thread drift (not a 2020 bike but new to me as of a month ago) but Iím the topic of rowdy hardtails, this pic shows the rowdiest feature of all on the bars

Iíve got it set up with a 120/150 Pike DPA. I think at the 120 setting unsagged HTA is roughly around 66 degrees and like 64.5 degrees at 150mm.

Itís quite fun and pleasant with the kid seat on at 120mm, quite rowdy with kid seat off at 150mm

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell