Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    WTB tires. Fork doesn't match the frame. 2/10 do not want.
    That's a fair point. Perhaps it's destined for the burn pile. Would an orange fork be any better though?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    Jealous. I really want to demo one of those this year. What size did you get? S3?
    yeah, S3. Based on bouncing on it in the basement, it feels right for my 5'9" self.

Quote Originally Posted by hick View Post
    Jesus, is that all the snow you guys got on the ground in the Flathead?! Low stuff will be in soon at that rate!
    Yeah, it's been kind of a shit winter - super warm. There's a normal-ish snowpack up high, but almost nothing in the valley. Kalispell is basically snow-free already.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    That's a fair point. Perhaps it's destined for the burn pile. Would an orange fork be any better though?
    Orange is so 2018. Needs a purple Formula or Marzocchi.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    Orange is so 2018. Needs a purple Formula or Marzocchi.
    But what if I want my suspension to work?

But what if I want my suspension to work?
    I hadn't considered that possibility, carry on.

I actually haven't tried any of the Formula suspension yet. I'd be curious to...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0768.JPG 
Views:	116 
Size:	232.9 KB 
ID:	319055

Tent Pitched

Rob
    That Don't Make No Sense

Looking real good Toast!

This whole "Coronavirus is gonna delay everything till July" situation is almost making me wish I'd gone for the Enduro instead of holding out. We shall see...

I just finished a job interview with the University of Aberdeen (via Skype), moseyed over to Pinkbike, and found this:

Name:	p5pb18361882.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	452.9 KB 
ID:	319122
    Deviate Highlander

It's a sign, right? If I get the job, I'm basically required to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    I just finished a job interview with the University of Aberdeen (via Skype), moseyed over to Pinkbike, and found this:

Name:	p5pb18361882.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	452.9 KB 
ID:	319122
    Deviate Highlander

It's a sign, right? If I get the job, I'm basically required to get one.
    #goDruid!
    It makes perfect sense...until you think about it.

I suspect there's logic behind the madness, but I'm too dumb to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by smartyiak View Post
    #goDruid!
    The Druid has induced plenty of tightness as well. If I happened to move to Scotland, though, I'd go with the option where I could stop by the shop of the guys behind it.

anyone have experience on the druid? most stuff out there is kinda uninspiring, but definitely curious to hear more about the druid. I had a BB7 for a lot of years so am familiar with the benefits of the high pivot/pulley setup and would love to see how it works in the trail environment.

yeah, S3. Based on bouncing on it in the basement, it feels right for my 5'9" self.
    How does the S3 sizing compare with the Trail Pistol size 3? My Pistola Size 3 fits me really well.

Quote Originally Posted by t.odd View Post
    anyone have experience on the druid?
    If you happen to remember the Calgary crew from early EWS days, Dave Harder is riding for Forbidden and Cam has a shop which is selling them. We haven't talked specifics but they're super down with the quality of the ride and the WeAreOne guys make the bike look good too. Just a super capable bike that climbs well.

This Deviate looks rad and I wish the Druid fell into the 140-150 range...but I get it as they'll probably have a 160 soon.

Can anyone describe why Forbidden uses a lower pulley while Deviate (and Kavenz? which I posted on the second page) do not? I assume you need a certain amount of chain wrap so it doesn't skip but it seems to me one of the main complaints (not from the above guys) is added resistance from the 2 pulleys so can the bottom not be taken off the Druid to alleviate some of that?

Some other rumours from reps this week:
    - new Fox 36 with same internals but new chassis a la 38, probably delayed by C-Virus
    - new Rocky Mountain Instinct will NOT be out for Crankworx, looking more like fall or next spring
    - no new Trek Slash either until summer 21...is it not getting long in the tooth?

I heard fall for the new instinct last sept. (Release, not production)
    But the real one to watch will be the new Altitude, which will be an aggressive 29-er, replacing the instinct BC.
    Instinct will be 140mm only, but available in 27.5 for the wee folk.
    Last edited by rideit; 03-06-2020 at 09:48 PM.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Oh, and Race Face claims to have finally solved the pedal insert woes in their carbon cranks. All cranks getting similar construction to Next R's...so if anybody has had issues with their Next R's in the last year then we'll know they're full of ****.

Anyone on a new Norco Sight? Man that dark red/gold decals plus that geo makes me grow a big wet one.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Oh, and Race Face claims to have finally solved the pedal insert woes in their carbon cranks. All cranks getting similar construction to Next R's...so if anybody has had issues with their Next R's in the last year then we'll know they're full of ****.
    Curious about this, if they ‘just’ solved the issue, wouldn’t anyone on current cranks at all be on the old design?

(I may have read that wrong?)

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Curious about this, if they ‘just’ solved the issue, wouldn’t anyone on current cranks at all be on the old design?
    Supposedly the Next R cranks have had the new pedal inserts and construction methods for at least a year (made in a different facility I believe the rep said), or even since its inception (I see now it's two seasons old). The new Next SL G5 recently got this treatment as well as the SixC at some point in this last year. I've warrantied two sets of Next SLs and one set of SixCs myself. He may be correct as I seem to have noticed most comments based around Next SLs, some SixCs, and no Next Rs (could be wrong).

Got it, that’s what I thought I read, but wasn’t quite sure.
    If so, good, I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Kopi_Red View Post
    How does the S3 sizing compare with the Trail Pistol size 3? My Pistola Size 3 fits me really well.
    (with the caveat that I haven't actually ridden the enduro yet) The enduro feels a bit smaller in terms of fit, but it's a bigger bike. Reach is a bit shorter, effective top tube is about the same. But the wheelbase is definitely longer - slacker head angle, longer stays, etc. I converted the TP to a Smash in the fall. The Smash was awesome - I liked it a lot (definitely preferred it to the TP). I'm expecting the Enduro to fit similarly to the S3 Smash, but just be "more" on the trail. TBD whether "more" is "too much."

Quote Originally Posted by volklpowdermaniac View Post
    Anyone on a new Norco Sight? Man that dark red/gold decals plus that geo makes me grow a big wet one.
    My buddy who runs a guiding company in Pisgah (he absolutely rips) rode one last month and said he wasn’t impressed at all. I didn’t get anymore info from him, but thought that was interesting since it’s the type of bike he’s looking to buy this spring.

(with the caveat that I haven't actually ridden the enduro yet) The enduro feels a bit smaller in terms of fit, but it's a bigger bike. Reach is a bit shorter, effective top tube is about the same. But the wheelbase is definitely longer - slacker head angle, longer stays, etc. I converted the TP to a Smash in the fall. The Smash was awesome - I liked it a lot (definitely preferred it to the TP). I'm expecting the Enduro to fit similarly to the S3 Smash, but just be "more" on the trail. TBD whether "more" is "too much."
    Thanks for the insight. I know it's hard to compare the bikes since you haven't ridden the new steed but I appreciate hearing your first impressions.

The S3 GG fits me like a glove (5'11"). I also want to convert it to a Smash but for the trails I ride and how I ride them the Pistola setup works nicely.

Evil is teasing a new bike on IG. Probably a new following. Also some things floating around online with Aggy on the new wreckoning.

Quote Originally Posted by smmokan View Post
    My buddy who runs a guiding company in Pisgah (he absolutely rips) rode one last month and said he wasn’t impressed at all. I didn’t get anymore info from him, but thought that was interesting since it’s the type of bike he’s looking to buy this spring.
    Well ain’t that a kick in the dick.
    Do I detect a lot of anger flowing around this place? Kind of like a pubescent volatility, some angst, a lot of I'm-sixteen-and-angry-at-my-father syndrome?

fuck that noise.

gmen.

I have had the Druid since it was available. Unbelievable downhill ability. Planted! Yes there is alittle more friction with climbing. My old following climbed better albeit marginally. I changed the pulley to ceramic bearing and loosened tension on tensioner and all is good for all day rides. Used it to bike pack from crested butte to Moab
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B04BC4F5-2AEF-434A-A7CC-9839B4DBFFB2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	319181  

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    If you happen to remember the Calgary crew from early EWS days, Dave Harder is riding for Forbidden and Cam has a shop which is selling them. We haven't talked specifics but they're super down with the quality of the ride and the WeAreOne guys make the bike look good too. Just a super capable bike that climbs well.
    Yeah I know Dave a bit, we raced against each other Whistler EWS too, he definitely seems really stoked on his.

Quote Originally Posted by roverdoc View Post
    I have had the Druid since it was available. Unbelievable downhill ability. Planted! Yes there is alittle more friction with climbing. My old following climbed better albeit marginally. I changed the pulley to ceramic bearing and loosened tension on tensioner and all is good for all day rides. Used it to bike pack from crested butte to Moab
    nice, I need to see if they have any demo's in the lower mainland, definitely want to give one a spin.