Ads with climbing

Anyone else notice the increasing number of TV ads, most which have nothing to do with outdoor products, that show people climbing? Weird when death sports become mainstream. (Don't mind me. I'm recovering from surgery and watching way too much TV.)

Honnold effect. I remember the first climbing commercial I saw with him and Katie Brown, I think it was in 2014 for a bank and it was so surprising to see climbing used in a commercial. Nobody outside of the "community" knew who he was, let alone who Katie was, and the whole thing looked completely off. Now everyone knows his name, he's everywhere, and climbing is following along with the unfortunate consequence that everyone assumes climbers routinely solo 2000' off the deck and ropes are a thing of the past.

Honnold story--he was climbing at pipeworks in Sacramento and had his pass pulled for skipping a clip in on a lead route.

olympics in Tokyo this summer will debut climbing as an olympic sport so should take off even more with all those eyes on it
    I think climbing gym openings have been growing in the dd range for the past few yrs
    skid luxury

Chad Extremo and Katie Extremo, the customers we have! the customer you want to be! see how extreme Chad and Katie are?! bank with us and become [perceived as] EXTREME!

My favorite Extremo customer is still skydiving on a snowboard guy.

Where do you imagine a fella that skydives on a snowboard would bank? A pretty cool bank I'd have to reckon.

Reminds me of this commercial I used to see where a bunch of actors portraying herpes patients were out on some extremo mission with kayaks or hiking in the jungle or some shit.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

At least a few people are making money from climbing.

On a side note, I just reorganized all my replacement climbing gear from after the fire. I have only been out a couple times and everything is still bright and shiny...its sad really.

I didn't replace everything, just enough of a traditional rake to do some easy things and some sport routes. No ice gear, I am just too damn old to justify replacing it...its sad really.

I agree it is a constitutional right for Americans to be assholes...its just too bad that so many take the opportunity...
    iscariot