WA State Large Group Camping Options

The collective has never steered me wrong, so I'm throwing this out in hopes someone may be able to help me out. I'm in charge of church youth group where we are looking for a place to have around 150 youth for a Th-Sat activity. Looking for a place that has some hiking or water close by to keep the boys busy and interested for a few days. Close to but not in a wilderness area would be great. Looking to keep it within a 4hr drive of Seattle.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    The collective has never steered me wrong, so I'm throwing this out in hopes someone may be able to help me out. I'm in charge of church youth group where we are looking for a place to have around 150 youth for a Th-Sat activity. Looking for a place that has some hiking or water close by to keep the boys busy and interested for a few days. Close to but not in a wilderness area would be great. Looking to keep it within a 4hr drive of Seattle.
    Camano Island
    Fort Casey
    Fort Ebey
    Fort Flagler
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

WA State Large Group Camping Options

Man 150 is a lot. Only place I can think of is Salmon la Sac area. Across the river from Red Mountain campground is the free rustic camping area or just stay on Salmon La Sac road and bear right on FS-4330 and there are some bigger group camping areas back there.

these are wilderness areas and just realized you want wilderness adjacent.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by AK47bp View Post
    Man 150 is a lot. Only place I can think of is Salmon la Sac area. Across the river from Red Mountain campground is the free rustic camping area or just stay on Salmon La Sac road and bear right on FS-4330 and there are some bigger group camping areas back there.

these are wilderness areas and just realized you want wilderness adjacent.

Good luck

Yeah, it's going to be crazy. We have an option to rent a boy scout camp, but I think that could be lame (most of these kids have done multiple years of scout camp). Salmon la Sac could be good as it's just outside the wilderness boundary.

KQ, thanks for the tips. Ft. Flagler was one we were thinking of.

I'm in charge of church youth group
    OMG.
    "Can't you see..."

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Tucker View Post
    OMG.
    Right? This is where I could be a dick or I could just shut up and wish him well since I don't have the 411 he needs. Best of luck phatty. 5000 G.

Yeah, it's going to be crazy. We have an option to rent a boy scout camp, but I think that could be lame (most of these kids have done multiple years of scout camp). Salmon la Sac could be good as it's just outside the wilderness boundary.

KQ, thanks for the tips. Ft. Flagler was one we were thinking of.
    In my youth, with various groups/organizations, I've stayed at all those places. Had a lot of fun. They are all good choices and set up to handle large groups.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Just go to KQ’s. She’ll put you all up and feed you!
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

You might want to look at Blake Island State Park. Boy Scouts go out there with 100’s of kids. Rent an Argosy boat, throw all your crap in recycle bins and wheel it off the boat and to your campsite. Raccoons are a nuisance and the ranger is a dick but usually only to people who want to drink and be loud past 10pm. Don’t think you’d have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by irul&ublo View Post
    Just go to KQ’s. She’ll put you all up and feed you!
    Don't count on it. However not far from me is a nice little place called Hell's Canyon that might do nicely.

Yo phatty, look up cascade meadows, it’s a camp near Leavenworth, Wa that has a mess hall, cabins, etc. great location near hiking, lakes, not to far over Stevens Pass etc. on a river. They have ropes course stuff and there is rock climbing nearby. Fire pit

A friend of mine runs it, can put you in touch if you want. They are setup for groups and you’d have a private spot to yourself.