Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    To be fair, spell check changes skis to skies all the time for me.
    powdork.com - new and improved, with 20% more dork.

Quote Originally Posted by dookey67 View Post
    They are only 207cm? I am thinking Schmidt wouldn't have skied anything less than a 225
    Quote Originally Posted by retardconcrete View Post
    from a 1985 Powder article about Schmidt:
    His skis are 215s, GS, with slightly higher boots and bindings which don’t release easily.

207s probably not
    Quote Originally Posted by Djongo Unchained View Post

K2 extremes prolly went to 208. Not much from that era longer in a shelf ski.
    Flipping K2's each season for delams was big during this skis time.
    I worked at a shop in the 90s, and IIRC 207 was the longest length.

And Djongo is right, they delamed like a motherfucker.

Therapeutic Massage studio in Bend.
    http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3982&dateline=1279375  363

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I worked at a shop in the 90s, and IIRC 207 was the longest length.

And Djongo is right, they delamed like a motherfucker.
    I ordered 210's on my first shop form back in the Fall of '90... in Winter Park where everyone else in the shop was ordering Rossi 4M's in a 180-something for the bumps on the Jane side. Mine delamed in about a month. I also asked for my free shop ski pass to be at Berthoud instead of Winter Park. Shop thought I was nuts and didn't want me talking to customers so I got to tune in the back shop from 3pm-midnight. One of my best winters ever. Those are still not worth $50 I don't care who skied them.

These would be better (but later generation)if you could get them for $100. At least they're new.https://www.ebay.com/itm/K2-TNC-Tria...53.m1438.l2649

I skied these 94 to 96 until both tips delammed. I think I was in 5th grade

Sent from my I3123 using Tapatalk

I might offer ¥500 if seller pays shipping. With those hard bases they'd make a good sand ski and the sand would clean up the edges real nice. Then I could flip them and sell for $999 and buyer pays shipping from Japan.

I boiled my thermometer, and sure enough, this spot, which purported to be two thousand feet higher than the locality of the hotel, turned out to be nine thousand feet LOWER. Thus the fact was clearly demonstrated that, ABOVE A CERTAIN POINT, THE HIGHER A POINT SEEMS TO BE, THE LOWER IT ACTUALLY IS. Our ascent itself was a great achievement, but this contribution to science was an inconceivably greater matter.

--MT--