Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Can Anyone Here Contact user=kungpow ?

Do any of you have a way to get user=kungpow to reply to me? Like his phone number? Or his primary email address? Or do any of you hang out with him in person? The only contact info I have for him are TGR PM's, PayPal email address, and physical address in (EDIT: for kungpow's safety, I deleted city, state, & county of the physical address info I had for him, which may or may not have been valid anyway).

I want to communicate with user=kungpow to resolve a disputed transaction on Gear Swap, but for the last 10 days he hasn't replied to any of my TGR PM's & emails (using his PayPal email address).

It's only a $55 dispute, but c'mon, let's resolve it. I think it would be a bit silly for me to mail him a letter via snail mail, or to "ping" his smartphone by sending a PayPal request for 1 cent, or to drive 120 miles to knock on his door. Other than that, I think my next option for escalation is to do this publicly here.

kungpow has a 6-year history of ~55 "For Sale" threads on TGR, so I believe he will do the right thing if I can somehow get him to reply.

By the way, my waiting period of 10 days before escalating to this public thread was seemingly approved by maggots in discussion at https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...21#post5787121

Last edited by Vitamin I; 10-25-2019 at 01:07 AM.
    - TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

Here we go!!!

Name:  download.jpeg
Views: 1341
Size:  16.0 KB

Kungpow to the white courtesy phone, please. Kungpow to the white phone...
    Brandine: Now Cletus, if I catch you with pig lipstick on your collar one more time you ain't gonna be allowed to sleep in the barn no more!
    Cletus: Duly noted.

He's online now.....

where's my popcorn...

I was in the Larkspur neighborhood not too long ago. Should told me.

What's the dispute about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy_Goggles View Post
    If I lived in WA, Oft would be my realtor. Seriously.

Maybe he's chicken?
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Maybe he's chicken?
    I laughed.

Took me a second. I now get it.
    Uno mas

I'd like to hear your side of the story so i can start making judgements on people and sharpen my pick fork...

zat some kinda geologist tool?
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Maybe he's chicken?
    Well. Played...

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    zat some kinda geologist tool?
    haha half paying attention... i still feel like i have a pick fork in the shed...

Does TGR GS have a dispute resolution provider, because if it does, that would be cool.

I'm pissed because Whyturn gave me a free hat for shipping, and all I got was 2 handmade hats from his wife and a nice note.

Fuck that shit.

PM Blurred
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by oftpiste View Post
    ...What's the dispute about?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbox View Post
    I'd like to hear your side of the story so i can start making judgements on people and sharpen my pick fork...
    An intentionally vague version of my side of the story is that kungpow breached our agreement, because the contents of the package were incomplete and not as described. Kungpow's last reply acknowledged that he read my dispute message, and he implied he would know within 2 more days whether he would succeed or fail at finding and shipping the missing part, but instead of only 2 more days, he has now taken 10 more silent days so far without replying to any of my PM's, emails, and posts in his threads.

If the Maggot Community doesn't somehow magically enable me within 2-3 days to make private communication happen (phone number?), then I guess I will escalate to a full-on public call-out and spill all my testimony details, and then you all can be judge and jury, and you can judge both kungpow and me as harshly as you want. And if you prefer to read drama, I'd be happy to report the facts with some juicy spin added, like "Then he deleted his product description that we had agreed to. Doesn't that seem like suspicious destruction of incriminating evidence????!!!! Huh? Huh? Huh?"

I have no idea what kungpow's side of the story is, because he's not replying at all, and he's just leaving me hanging while he has my money. And I'm stuck with a not-as-described incomplete version of the product, which I will never use given its incomplete state.

- TRADE your heavy BILLYGOATS or PROTESTS for my lightweight versions at this thread

"My biggest goal in life has always been to pursue passion and to make dreams a reality. I love my daughter, but if I had to quit my passions for her, then I would be setting the wrong example for her, and I would not be myself anymore. " -Shane

"I'm gonna go SO OFF that NO ONE's ever gonna see what I'm gonna do!" -Saucerboy

I'm mostly just amazed that there is anything you don't have spare parts for given your epic posts on here.

GLWS?

Can Anyone Here Contact user=kungpow ?

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Does TGR GS have a dispute resolution provider, because if it does, that would be cool.
    Pic taken just before shifter knob installation

^^^Nice phone!

What I see as weird is that the seller isn't able to somehow resolve a trivial fifty dollar issue just to make the problem go away. Either they have fallen on horrible financial troubles or they're just being stubborn. Another reason why I hardly ever sell anything to friends or strangers. If I have stuff I'm not using and no longer want to keep I just give it away or trade it. It's not worth the stress of another friend, even an online sort of friend being upset over the the deal. Nobody complains when they get it for free.

Anyway, keep in mind that KP might have something else going on that's devastating and we have no idea about. Not much else explains why they'd ghost the community over fifty bucks..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Another reason why I hardly ever sell anything to friends or strangers.
    I agree, I have skis in plastic, and new binding, boots with 5 days on them, and literally a full closet of jackets that will never be worn, and I look at them and think I should sell them. But then I think about the hassle of the dealings. I mostly wait till I see a "wanted 181 mid fat..." ad and shoot a message saying I have XX for cheap cheap.

^^ Bullshit. 99.999999999999999999999999999% of GS transactions on here go smooth AF and typically if something does go wonky it is resolved with little issue. This is pretty much the only place i will sell ski gear due to the ease of transactions with “strangers”.
    Don’t drag GS into your guy’s weird social issue when dealing with “strangers” and merchandise transactions.

Zatly. Sell your shit before it becomes worthless and don't be a hoarder.
    PE, Mechanical Engineering
    University of Bridger Bowl Alumnus
    Alpental Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    ^^ Bullshit. 99.999999999999999999999999999% of GS transactions on here go smooth AF and typically if something does go wonky it is resolved with little issue. This is pretty much the only place i will sell ski gear due to the ease of transactions with “strangers”.
    Don’t drag GS into your guy’s weird social issue when dealing with “strangers” and merchandise transactions.
    QFT

"caugh"

Yup. Only reason I don't sell more gear here is most of my stuff us worthless by the time I'm done with it.

Someone posted upthread about how life happens and maybe that is why Kungpow hasn't responded, but he has been online so that is irrelevant. Doesn't take long to respond to a PM or email.

So Kungpow is a little bitch?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums