FS: smart trainer Tacx Bushido Smart

SOLD SOLD SOLD

I got this trainer last winter based on the Swift/Sufferfest thread that was going strong on here and thought I'd use it a bunch. Turns out I'm a lazy sack of shit and would rather wait for spring to get back on wheels. If anyone is interested in indoor suffering here's your chance.

Tacx Bushido Wireless Smart Bike Trainer, official website here, good extensive review here. You can find it retail as low as $380, how about $250 shipped? Local SLC pickup would be good too, it's heavy!

Bluetooth or Ant+ connection, no issues connecting it to a Pixel3 without dongles or other adapters. It's completely wireless (has to be pedaled for connection and setup). I'll include everything but the original box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191021_101755.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	1.89 MB 
ID:	298755

Name:	IMG_20191021_101905.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	1.77 MB 
ID:	298756

Name:	IMG_20191021_101946 (1).jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	298757
    Last edited by Boissal; 11-03-2019 at 06:27 PM.

Just chiming in to say that TacX makes good shit. I have the not-smart trainer and have been quite pleased.

One way to get better about actually using the trainer is to have a TV with Bluetooth Audio (Roku TV for example). Then only allow yourself to watch TV/Netflix/ski movies (sans partner/kids) when sitting on the trainer.

The Tacx isn’t that loud but it’s still much nicer having the TV audio right in your ears. If you’re too cheap for a phone holster on the stem, you can get one of those strap on stroller or bicycle cup holders and drop your phone and/or TV remote (on a Roku they are one in the same), which will also be your bike trainer’s remote ...

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by SchralphMacchio View Post
    Just chiming in to say that TacX makes good shit. I have the not-smart trainer and have been quite pleased.

One way to get better about actually using the trainer is to have a TV with Bluetooth Audio (Roku TV for example). Then only allow yourself to watch TV/Netflix/ski movies (sans partner/kids) when sitting on the trainer.

The Tacx isn’t that loud but it’s still much nicer having the TV audio right in your ears. If you’re too cheap for a phone holster on the stem, you can get one of those strap on stroller or bicycle cup holders and drop your phone and/or TV remote (on a Roku they are one in the same), which will also be your bike trainer’s remote ...
    I did try watching TV and it didn't do it for me. Guess I can't focus enough when I'm huffing and puffing... It's really a problem of baseline motivation for me, I want to ride dirt and when I looked at the trainer I couldn't get psyched and would end up going to the climbing gym instead.
    Re: noise, I was surprised how quiet it was without a dedicated trainer tire. My wife works lots of nights and sleeps at the weirdest times, I fully expected to get shooed out of the house when I started spinning but she never even heard me...

Anyway, someone who is less lazy than me should get this trainer out of my house and start kicking asses on Zwift.