Page 14 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
    2” dense graupel this am in Alta. PI rates just picked up to 2”/hr +

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Did my first day with the kiddos (4&6) yesterday at Solitude. Both girls did great and I am excited to see where they go this year. Might head up for some laps at solitude after Church. Got about an inch of heavy slush on the bench near the mouth of bcc. Just purchased a separate set of wheels and snow tires from Discount Tire. I think I hit my cars limit last week driving up to alta. Decided to finally not cheap out and just go for it. Plus now I get to bitch about anyone with an inferior set up when the canyon gets backed up .

Quote Originally Posted by WasatchFlatlander View Post
    Did my first day with the kiddos (4&6) yesterday at Solitude. Both girls did great and I am excited to see where they go this year. Might head up for some laps at solitude after Church. Got about an inch of heavy slush on the bench near the mouth of bcc. Just purchased a separate set of wheels and snow tires from Discount Tire. I think I hit my cars limit last week driving up to alta. Decided to finally not cheap out and just go for it. Plus now I get to bitch about anyone with an inferior set up when the canyon gets backed up .
    You'll be glad you did!

Motherfucken dropped dogfood can on my foot yesterday, today alternator ate the shits on the way up lcc. Its gonna be good cause the sky fairy doesnt want me skiing this weekend
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Brighton just past opening bell with my wife. Over an hour to get up BCC with heavy snow. Not a single cop checking chains, 4x4 or tires. Counted 3 idiots stuck which was the cause of all delays. Opened window to yell at all.

5-6” maybe up there. Conditions were great. Place was actually not that busy. Ski on lift ever run but one.

UPD was checking tires this morning at the mouth of LCC, it backed up wasatch and 9300. I was almost to the officer checking when he got in his car, turned back up canyon and went to assist the two vehicles off the road with tires they’d obviously deemed sufficient. At that point traffic flowed better but fools were allowed access.

Snowbird was pretty fantastic today, not too busy, once again a quiet Peruvian side. Silver Fox was deep and untracked as the snow continued to fall.

I left at 3:00 to beat the poorly tired, but the idiots were unavoidable. I know they’ll never do it cause “tourism” but they really should start writing some hefty tickets to idiots.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6388.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	305329

Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    UPD was checking tires this morning at the mouth of LCC, it backed up wasatch and 9300. I was almost to the officer checking when he got in his car, turned back up canyon and went to assist the two vehicles off the road with tires they’d obviously deemed sufficient. At that point traffic flowed better but fools were allowed access.

Snowbird was pretty fantastic today, not too busy, once again a quiet Peruvian side. Silver Fox was deep and untracked as the snow continued to fall.

I left at 3:00 to beat the poorly tired, but the idiots were unavoidable. I know they’ll never do it cause “tourism” but they really should start writing some hefty tickets to idiots.

Name:	IMG_6388.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.27 MB 
ID:	305329
    For sure every accident that is in violation should get a ticket. Idiots will think twice once the Insurance company pays less or not at all.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

Hit the LCC mouth a little after 8 this morning. No tire check then. Smooth sailing, rolled into the Bird around 830. No trouble getting down around 1:30 either.

The Bird was skiing pretty well, its still early season though. Left some ptex on the hill for good measure and finally tore out the cracked edge on my bodacious. RIP to my favorite skis, good thing I have another pair!

Got my laps in at Solitude for the close of business. Everything was not tracked out and skied really well, fairly soft and fun turns.

Today did not suck.
    Cannot be deducted from our lives...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Today did not suck.
    Cannot be deducted from our lives...
    I don’t think, “best day of the season” would be too far off.

Agreed on the lack of suck. I skied walk up tram laps until 11 them switched to little cloud. Fresh tracks all day.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post

The Bird was skiing pretty well, its still early season though. Left some ptex on the hill for good measure and finally tore out the cracked edge on my bodacious. RIP to my favorite skis, good thing I have another pair!
    I’ll sacrifice a little ptex for the glory of zero lines and no touron fuckery. I love me some early season turns especially in conditions like today.

Yesterday was not bad.
    Criscam:

Name:	IMG_3018.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	305409

zzz:
    Name:  kevin1.jpg
Views: 769
Size:  63.6 KB

and his kid:
    Name:  Braden.jpg
Views: 731
Size:  55.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    Brighton just past opening bell with my wife. Over an hour to get up BCC with heavy snow. Not a single cop checking chains, 4x4 or tires. Counted 3 idiots stuck which was the cause of all delays. Opened window to yell at all.
    You have to love the "I'll just sit here sideways in the traffic lane with my hazard lights on while everyone drives around me" move. How about all the morons who road parked at Soli #1, but were too clueless to realize they were actually in the uphill traffic lane and had forced uphill traffic into the downhill left turn lane on the south side of the bollards? Must have been close to 30 vehicles who did that, and two UPD officers appeared to be ticketing every one of them when we came by around 1:00.

Name:	20191209-01.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	612.3 KB 
ID:	305426

dense and creamy this morning. looked like the wind had its way with a lot of the terrain though

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    You have to love the "I'll just sit here sideways in the traffic lane with my hazard lights on while everyone drives around me" move. How about all the morons who road parked at Soli #1, but were too clueless to realize they were actually in the uphill traffic lane and had forced uphill traffic into the downhill left turn lane on the south side of the bollards? Must have been close to 30 vehicles who did that, and two UPD officers appeared to be ticketing every one of them when we came by around 1:00.
    Solid move right there. There's at least 1 daily post in the UT backcountry ski group on FB asking where to park for USA bowl and there's always a recommendation to park along the road by the Soli entrance. I've always thought that was a big no-no and this seems to confirm it, even if it's legit people are going to be dumb about it...
    I got a good laugh at the canyon junkshow yesterday with my 11AM start. BCC was backed up to the gravel pit lane and people were blocking the 7/11 intersection with all the entitlement of later-risers who didn't want to miss church or skiing. LCC looked like it had been hit with a weapon that randomly deactivates cars and sends them in the snowbanks. We saw 6 separate cars perpendicular to the road with people scratching their head standing around them. Special props to dude in the wannabe expedition jeep who managed to bog himself down below white pine in a perfectly straight section. Maybe you can finally put some scratches on that shovel, jack, and winch you've so lovingly attached to your vehicle but have never ever touched.

UPD were towing en mass when I left Multitude yesterday around 2ish.
    Several tow trucks coming up the canyon too.

Good job dudes! You have managed to motive me road trip to the Wasatch and make sure I either do it on a weekday or stay in the canyon. Mission accomplished?

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Solid move right there. There's at least 1 daily post in the UT backcountry ski group on FB asking where to park for USA bowl and there's always a recommendation to park along the road by the Soli entrance. I've always thought that was a big no-no and this seems to confirm it, even if it's legit people are going to be dumb about it...
    I think road parking there is technically OK, with the rather important caveat that you have to park completely off the road. If that's your plan on a storm day you had better have a Plan B if UDOT hasn't plowed the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I think road parking there is technically OK, with the rather important caveat that you have to park completely off the road. If that's your plan on a storm day you had better have a Plan B if UDOT hasn't plowed the shoulder.
    ^ yup

Alta didn't suck again this AM

Pulled a jeep out of the ditch yesterday. He was mega stuck.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Ha!! Nicely done, what are you driving? Embarrassment cranked to 11 if you're in a small sedan.
    Weird spot to get stuck for sure. The one I saw was silver, even more decked out for rhino hunting season, and a bit up canyon.