Page 57 of 132 FirstFirst ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 3295
    There’s quite a bit of mellow terrain across the road from Solitude, on the N side of BCC. Parking may be a challenge though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Yeah the bottom of that chute is as classic of a terrain trap as you will find...definitely not the place to be when the snow could move. I heard that there is another approach that has you stay on Sawmill for a bit farther and then you skin up thru the trees to the E of the chute, but seems like the bushwacky factor could be high.

Skinned up E Castle today and booted a few extra steps to the top for a helluva view (props to the side steppers who really earned it):
    Attachment 315804

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app
    God that sidestep is brutal. Skins all the way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

For the love of tradition, East Castle should only be side-stepped.

While it is really tempting to add to the comments from former residents who miss the 'satch comments on the various means of accessing the Castle, I will refrain.
    Instead, I am flying in Monday afternoon for work meetings, time is really limited but I am thinking I will throw in my touring gear, if anyone wants to get out for a late afternoon quick hitter let me know. I may or may not have time, but I am going to give it one hell of a try.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I was fortunate enough to ski East Castle last year. I really regretted having left the skins in the hotel room that morning. Never again, skins all the way.

^Im pretty sure I talked to you on the sidestep/skinner.

I hope everyone remembers Tom Calamari’s irate post about not being let out during the interlodge. Here’s a perfect follow up on that.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/166...3etc4.facebook

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

This is a total shot in the dark, but I busted the wire cable on the middle buckle of my Dalbello Lupo Facterys today and am facing a 2 week order time from every shop I'm calling.

Anybody in SLC have a spare 27.0+ Lupo / Krypton shell that I could harvest the part from? I can return once I get the part from Dalbello in a few weeks.

Pics for reference:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64562.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	315941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200215_125513.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	315942

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    ^Im pretty sure I talked to you on the sidestep/skinner.

I hope everyone remembers Tom Calamari’s irate post about not being let out during the interlodge. Here’s a perfect follow up on that.

https://www.captiongenerator.com/166...3etc4.facebook

Dudes pretty worked up about
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0215201125~2.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	961.1 KB 
ID:	315943

I'll check for that dalbello wire for ya at work tomarrow
    Oh yeah and I skinned the east castle with volkel g4's with 1st gen damirs and purple skins
    Fuck yur traditions
    It's about effective efficant uphill travel to access the goods
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    This is a total shot in the dark, but I busted the wire cable on the middle buckle of my Dalbello Lupo Facterys today and am facing a 2 week order time from every shop I'm calling.

Anybody in SLC have a spare 27.0+ Lupo / Krypton shell that I could harvest the part from? I can return once I get the part from Dalbello in a few weeks.

Pics for reference:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64562.jpeg 
Views:	124 
Size:	159.2 KB 
ID:	315941Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200215_125513.jpeg 
Views:	117 
Size:	52.5 KB 
ID:	315942

pm sent.

I don’t know this Calamari character, but let me tell you a thing or two about his good friend Jimmy Linguini! So is that link a real thing or a parody in response to the Facebook post?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Superstar Punani View Post
    I'm done with ice in Tahoe. Road trippin over. Skiing Bird bird bird and Alta Friday to Monday.

Where da OGs at?
    Sitting next to you asshat!
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Anyone missing an Automatic with Trackers? Found near the top of Honeycomb Cliffs on the Grizz side. It may have been there for a while.

Chance a wire from a full tilt would get you back on the snow?

I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    For the love of tradition, East Castle should only be side-stepped.
    Went up that way ONCE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ski220 View Post
    Went up that way ONCE.
    Yep and only once. Live n learn

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    While it is really tempting to add to the comments from former residents who miss the 'satch comments on the various means of accessing the Castle, I will refrain.
    Instead, I am flying in Monday afternoon for work meetings, time is really limited but I am thinking I will throw in my touring gear, if anyone wants to get out for a late afternoon quick hitter let me know. I may or may not have time, but I am going to give it one hell of a try.
    Only here for Monday? Will be getting back late from Jackson but could do early am or lunch tour on Tuesday.

Would love one of those stickers if you have more Dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by dfinn View Post
    Only here for Monday? Will be getting back late from Jackson but could do early am or lunch tour on Tuesday.

Would love one of those stickers if you have more Dibs.
    I am in town until Wednesday morning, but Tuesday is jam packed with work crap, my best bet is Monday late afternoon, I could possibly get out for an early morning on Wednesday. I will shoot you a text on Tuesday and see what you are up to.
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

I have 4 day passes and 8 single ride cat skiing tickets to Powder Mountain that I’m thinking about selling. Not sure if I’ll make it up that way this year.

Online rate for each day pass is $95 per day and $25 per cat ride.

I’ll sell them for $76 and $20 respectively. Discounts for bundling.

Riming at/above 10,000' or so. A day to have a skigee.

Touchy out there. Did Kessler east couloir this morning, couloir itself was normal sluffing not running very fast or far. Below the couloir in catchers mitt tho, some pretty impressive propagation on anything at 30 or steeper. Slides were only a few inches deep, but largest was about 100 feet wide and quite a few sympathetic and remote triggered slides. Few more inches of snow, it would've been serious. Oddly, lower down where the snow was kinda upside down things were much less reactive.
    Last edited by claymond; 02-16-2020 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Clarity

Yep, went out and did two out towards sunset peak then down to alta from Tuscarora. Had spiderweb cracks 100 plus feet wide on most turns on steeper stuff, no real energy yet but there will be some major wind loading tonight and wind slab tomorrow. Steeps could be real scary tomorrow

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

I'm looking forward to hearing reports later today. Skinning up argenta the snow would sluff easily but no slab activity that I could see. Working the ridge to the top of Kessler, same, stomping on wind pillows nothing cracking. It seems like the facets above the crust strengthened or were destroyed in lots of places but not everywhere

Apologies for noob question... flying in tonight, trying to decide solitude or Alta tomorrow. Solitude is reporting 0 and Alta 8. Is all snow in the LCC along with crazy traffic?

Alta reports on the hour, not sure how Soli does, tomorrow will be a junk show being a holiday and Ikon being no longer blacked out. Alta will probably ski the best due to wind direction currently, I’d be out the door by 715 at the latest tomorrow and you should be OK. Ski hard until 2 and beat the major traffic down.

"If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    Alta reports on the hour, not sure how Soli does, tomorrow will be a junk show being a holiday and Ikon being no longer blacked out. Alta will probably ski the best due to wind direction currently, I’d be out the door by 715 at the latest tomorrow and you should be OK. Ski hard until 2 and beat the major traffic down.

LCC closed 5:30am-8am tomorrow, FYI. Methinks tomorrow will be super busy. Today wasn't too bad. the Ikon base blackout on holidays really does show.