Page 7 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    [QUOTE=tBatt;5821470]10” new in LCC today. Road closed due to an overturned cement truck. Forecast looks juicy. Im supposed to head East for the holiday, consider it a sacrifice.

If anyone is looking for a deal on some Maestrales, check out my for sale thread.

anyone get into upper bcc this morning? curious what the new stuff amounted to up there...

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    anyone get into upper bcc this morning? curious what the new stuff amounted to up there...
    not upper but saw 6-8" in mill d. a little sandboxy on the up in spots but sheltered skied well and exposed had a crust beneath. had to skin out from the dog lake/deso sign.

serious drifting from last night. couldn't see shit at times in the dark and windy AF. things will definitely be moving. turns were solid though but sticking to s facing or lower angle. happy thanksgiving.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pow.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	303957

Name:	drifting.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	303958

Name:	ski.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	64.0 KB 
ID:	303959

Nice man! Good turns were had off of twin lakes pass (like knee-thigh deep) but I paid for it on the way back down grizzly. Even skiing super tentatively I hit a lot of rocks, one of which knocked me over and I slammed my hip on another. a little sore and probably gonna have a big ass bruise tomorrow but so thankful it wasn't worse.

Don't be a dumbass like me, stick to the summer road down low.

Starting to snow in Sandy now, woo!

Opening day in LCC is gonna be such a shit show on Friday. I can’t wait!

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Opening day in LCC is gonna be such a shit show on Friday. I can’t wait!
    Yes it is. I'll be at work so one less car clogging up the canyon for ya.

Just saw this on UDOT Cottonwood Canyon web page. They are starting a "pilot program" to have vehicles pre inspected. This exact suggestion was made during the public comment period at a CWC meeting last March. Wish they had done it full bore instead of just a pilot program.

Crashes related to improper vehicle equipment contribute to traffic congestion in the Cottonwood Canyons and surrounding areas. To keep Utah moving, UDOT is implementing a pilot vehicle sticker program during the 2019-2020 winter season for resort employees and residents of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons to help more drivers make sure their vehicles are ready for winter weather driving.

UDOT Region 2 Maintenance and Operations and Salt Lake Unified Police Department will be inspecting vehicles to ensure they are compliant with snow tire and chain requirements. Vehicles that pass inspection will be issued a sticker and during winter travel restrictions, will not need to be inspected at the mouth of the canyons when the Traction Law is in effect. At this time, the sticker does not allow vehicles with the sticker to have priority in line, and may still be subject to inspection at the discretion of law enforcement. UDOT anticipates that this will improve safety and mobility for canyon users during winter driving conditions.

Happy Thanksgiving to y'all and yours.
    Hugs all around.
    Or at least touch yourself...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

WASATCH STOKE, CONDITIONS, OBSERVATIONS and ASSORTED DRIVAL 19-20

It’s puking in the north. Sweet

I hope to see pics of anybody making it up today.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Buddha’s hat tells me we got a foot in East Ogden and it’s still dumping.

Name:	IMG_2959.JPG 
Views:	147 
Size:	411.6 KB 
ID:	304054

Prob the last day of the season of not seeing any cars on a snow packed lcc. Still lots of folks out and about. Some wallowing while meadow skipping the higher n facing stuff. Fun nonetheless. Happy powgiving!

Did the water flowing across the road from that summer storm get fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    Just saw this on UDOT Cottonwood Canyon web page. They are starting a "pilot program" to have vehicles pre inspected. This exact suggestion was made during the public comment period at a CWC meeting last March. Wish they had done it full bore instead of just a pilot program.

Crashes related to improper vehicle equipment contribute to traffic congestion in the Cottonwood Canyons and surrounding areas. To keep Utah moving, UDOT is implementing a pilot vehicle sticker program during the 2019-2020 winter season for resort employees and residents of Big and Little Cottonwood Canyons to help more drivers make sure their vehicles are ready for winter weather driving.

UDOT Region 2 Maintenance and Operations and Salt Lake Unified Police Department will be inspecting vehicles to ensure they are compliant with snow tire and chain requirements. Vehicles that pass inspection will be issued a sticker and during winter travel restrictions, will not need to be inspected at the mouth of the canyons when the Traction Law is in effect. At this time, the sticker does not allow vehicles with the sticker to have priority in line, and may still be subject to inspection at the discretion of law enforcement. UDOT anticipates that this will improve safety and mobility for canyon users during winter driving conditions.
    Bout time. I’ve been saying this for the past few years. Doesn’t seem like the pilot program will be enough to test the hypothesis. I wish regular canyon users could go to a UPD station to get a sticker.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDingleberry View Post
    pissing in a sink? fucking rookies. Shit in an oven, then you'll be pro.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    Bout time. I’ve been saying this for the past few years. Doesn’t seem like the pilot program will be enough to test the hypothesis. I wish regular canyon users could go to a UPD station to get a sticker.
    So you could just show a sticker on your windshield to the Unified officer checking at the bottom of the canyon rather than show the mountain snowflake symbol on your tire?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Did the water flowing across the road from that summer storm get fixed?
    Yes. Finished construction and pulled all barriers/barrels this week. Pavement is a little bumpy in the Lisa Falls area but nothing worth writing home about.

1 week after they are out counterfeits will be on Ebay and KSL.....

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    So you could just show a sticker on your windshield to the Unified officer checking at the bottom of the canyon rather than show the mountain snowflake symbol on your tire?

'Lil report from running routes in the LCC today.
    Hazard definitely high.
    A handful of post control releases. Both Alta and the Bird.
    Class 3s with ugly bed surfaces.
    Running fast and far with punch for the only 2" of new H2O picked up.
    The stuff that kills patrolmen; too bony to ski check w/ any speed.
    Hug a patrolman tomorrow.
    Plenty of explosive triggered 3s on target and remote.
    In the backcountry, as Hawkeye aka the Deerslayer aka the Pathfinder would say, "Watch your topknot"...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Name:	miild.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	74.7 KB 
ID:	304092

Quote Originally Posted by One (+) Sentence View Post
    Ideally the sticker would be large and visible and allow a rolling pass through. Doesn’t really do much to aid congestion if only 100 cars in Utah have them (currently limited to canyon residents/employees). But if 2000 cars have them, then that is 2000 cars who don’t have to come to a stop and have a UPD officer check treads/sidewall logos. That would aid congestion in a much bigger way.

^ if they want 2k cars to have em, maybe broadcasting this information via a more widely accessible communication mechanism than the usual lcc hearsay / rumor mill might not be a terrible idea.

^^^ That’s the thing, they don’t want 2k cars to have them. They only want it to be residents/employees for the purposes of the pilot program. What I’m saying is that won’t give them a big enough sample size to determine if it will actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrenchMoose View Post
    ^^^ That’s the thing, they don’t want 2k cars to have them. They only want it to be residents/employees for the purposes of the pilot program. What I’m saying is that won’t give them a big enough sample size to determine if it will actually work.
    well we’re on the same page. but same old same old otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    'Lil report from running routes in the LCC today.
    Hazard definitely high.
    A handful of post control releases. Both Alta and the Bird.
    Class 3s with ugly bed surfaces.
    Running fast and far with punch for the only 2" of new H2O picked up.
    The stuff that kills patrolmen; too bony to ski check w/ any speed.
    Hug a patrolman tomorrow.
    Plenty of explosive triggered 3s on target and remote.
    In the backcountry, as Hawkeye aka the Deerslayer aka the Pathfinder would say, "Watch your topknot"...
    I was thinking about this last night. Must be nasty managing this hazard level with the lack of base to move around while working. Stay safe out there man!

Stoked with 2-3 feet of pow and just two of us

Name:	IMG_0848.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	177.0 KB 
ID:	304125

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)