Page 124 of 132 FirstFirst ... 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,100 of 3295
    I don't know if anyone noticed Snowbasin's alert twitter page yet but someone's gone rogue hahaha

https://twitter.com/BasinBuzz/with_replies

Name:  basin buzz3.png
Views: 942
Size:  55.8 KB

Name:  basin buzz.png
Views: 912
Size:  17.4 KB

Name:  basin buzz2.png
Views: 972
Size:  11.4 KB

lol. ahhh yes, the perils of handing your brand's entire reputation to someone you pay 10/hr

Amazing!

Just saw this for Snowbasin: Singles will be loaded as such at pre-determined intervals.

Definitely a possibility single lines get lonnnggggggggggggg on pow days, hopefully Meat bros will be there to partner up with

still waiting on the Snowbasin North announcement...
    bumps are for poor people

I laugh that the ski areas want us to spread the Covid in the cars on the way to the ski areas, instead of on the chairlifts

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    Amazing!

Just saw this for Snowbasin: Singles will be loaded as such at pre-determined intervals.

Definitely a possibility single lines get lonnnggggggggggggg on pow days, hopefully Meat bros will be there to partner up with
    Well Alta is planning on having no singles line at all. I predict that’ll last exactly one crowded day.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Sounds about as solid as the Snowbird plan to limit the crowds to the parking lots, road parking on 210, and all the people the busses can pump up.

I’m starting to doubt this season either happens at all or is shut down by mid December. I was wrong about the NBA bubble working so I’m holding out hope I’m clueless once again.

If they do open I may be riding Wilbur all season. Park at the pond lot, bring Bubba some pistachios, enjoy my day cruising Wilbur.

This is going to be a really bad year for all the resorts.. As someone who lives in the midwest its going to be really hard for me to figure out how to come and give them my $$$$ without staying at each resort.. That seems to be the only way to guarantee getting on the lifts on everyday of the trip. Last season I stayed in Midvale and rented a truck because i don't know anyone there to carpool with, wasn't sure about taking the bus from the hotel to SB or the airport and I am not going to pay 400 a night when I could do almost the entire trip for that...

Been thinking about Snowbird having the parking lot be the limiting factor in ticket sales.
    Won't that cause many to come up early?
    Where will people interlodge during morning highway shoots?
    Or will uphill traffic close for general public the night before an expected shoot?
    It's been an increasing shit show for Alta deputies and Snowbird public safety to clear the lots for a shoot.
    This should slow things down even more.
    I heard the Goldminer's won't have early open doors,
    but imagine people can hole up in the Snowbird center.
    Where are YOU going to hide?
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    in the #honeycombshideouts

whiteroom
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Been thinking about Snowbird having the parking lot be the limiting factor in ticket sales.
    Won't that cause many to come up early?
    Where will people interlodge during morning highway shoots?
    Or will uphill traffic close for general public the night before an expected shoot?
    It's been an increasing shit show for Alta deputies and Snowbird public safety to clear the lots for a shoot.
    This should slow things down even more.
    I heard the Goldminer's won't have early open doors,
    but imagine people can hole up in the Snowbird center.
    Where are YOU going to hide?

Honestly I will be thrilled if I can get up before shooting at all. I imagine there could be some unwelcome "collaboration" where UDOTAVY shuts the canyon to uphill traffic at midnight before, instead of 5am.

Have people been able to chill in the SB center in years past? I've only holed up at GMD, but as other have said they're likely to not allow that this year.

I can assure you all that plans are in the works to prevent people from coming up early on mornings where Udot is shooting the canyon. And that the forecasters are going to be much more likely to get people out of the canyon and close it this winter so as to prevent the scenario of people being trapped with no building to go into. That will probably include closing lifts to encourage people to leave.

It really is hilarious to me that all of the resorts (not just in UT) going for parking reservations as their way of managing crowds are pushing everyone to congregate in closed cars for 30 mins-1.5 hours to spread covid there, instead of limiting the allowable number of skiers so people could drive with only their household and not have to worry about packing friends in so "everyone can ski"

Weird to say that carpooling isn't the best option in LCC to alleviate traffic headaches but here we are. Coming from someone that does 3+ in the car 80% of my ski days.

Quote Originally Posted by altacoup View Post
    I can assure you all that plans are in the works to prevent people from coming up early on mornings where Udot is shooting the canyon. And that the forecasters are going to be much more likely to get people out of the canyon and close it this winter so as to prevent the scenario of people being trapped with no building to go into. That will probably include closing lifts to encourage people to leave.
    Ya i heard the same thing. They'll be closing the canyon much more often this year to deal with early morning crowds, and crowds in general. I expect UDOT to also close the canyons when parking fills up like they have done the past few seasons to keep people out when there's nowhere to park. I'm guessing these tactics aren't limited to LCC and think you will see more canyon closures in BCC this year as well.

Snowbird's a different beast that could limit skiers, but Alta cannot limit skiers due to USFS lease, from what I heard, not sure how JHMR can. Was mentioned previously in the thread that the only way to limit skier traffic in LCC is to control parking.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

re: USFS lease: false

Thanks, I wasn't 100% sure on that.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

When talking about controlling parking, does that mean that they can actually deny access to single occupant vehicles? During COVID, I am not carpooling, and often times I ski alone.
    I can see controlling it by charging more for a single occupancy vehicle than a carpool vehicle, but I cannot see them denying access.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Am I insane for considering getting an Epic Pass and skiing Park City? Until this year I've been an Alta snob and I've never even skied PC, but I can only ski on weekends when the cottonwoods will be insane, and it seems possible that UDOT won't even open them on pow days this year. The Vail reservation system looks like a pain but it looks less infuriating than the Snowbird reservation parking system, and it could help them stay open through more outbreaks

P.C. is insane on weekends, too. Weekends are best at Pow Mow or Snowbasin.
    Even DV can suck on a weekend. Not always, though
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

I have an epic pass this year and am a recovering LCC addict. I'll be spending most of my winter in CO with work trips to UT and I'm sure I'll do some skiing in PC while I'm there. With the full epic you also get 7 days at Snowbasin.

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    P.C. is insane on weekends, too. Weekends are best at Pow Mow or Snowbasin.
    Even DV can suck on a weekend. Not always, though
    Am I delusional to think that the more interesting terrain at PC like Jupiter and Ninety-Nine 90 is less crowded than, say, the High Traverse? It seems like people can spread out more at PC so the crowds might not be as noticeable? I could renew my Alta pass for a similar price to a full Epic pass but I'd rather not spend every Saturday morning stuck in traffic wondering if they will open the canyon or if I can get a parking spot

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    in the #honeycombshideouts

whiteroom
    Dude let’s get some of that! Be skiing you soon

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Benneke10 View Post
    Am I insane for considering getting an Epic Pass and skiing Park City? Until this year I've been an Alta snob and I've never even skied PC, but I can only ski on weekends when the cottonwoods will be insane, and it seems possible that UDOT won't even open them on pow days this year. The Vail reservation system looks like a pain but it looks less infuriating than the Snowbird reservation parking system, and it could help them stay open through more outbreaks
    Park City sucks. Don't go there

3 post JONG slinging' shit. Priceless