Page 65 of 132 FirstFirst ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    Have fun, have you been back since Park City ate the Canyons/ParkWest/Wolf Mountain? Its huuudge and well, Vaily
    I haven't been in downtown Park City in about forever...last time was a party and I'm not much into that these days. I was up in the canyons last year. I'm running it dirtbag/freestyle this time. We'll see what happens.

En rote to Alta for carves tomorrow. Black / gray, Taos pom hat. Say what up.

Anyone else skiing just piste?

Hell ya boissal looks like some good times. I don't think the NE face off drom ever really fills in or at least that's my experience,

Way to go Boissal, that's really awesome. Well done man.

Quote Originally Posted by brutah View Post
    Hell ya boissal looks like some good times. I don't think the NE face off drom ever really fills in or at least that's my experience,
    From below it looks like there's a way through the rock band but it's a pretty committing approach to go take a look. And the resulting straightline through the rocks would be stimulating. There's a lot of room to scrub speed in the apron but high-speed shenanigans on crust at 11k are a bit much for me these days...

We ended up picking our way down the shoulder while a group of 6 looked at us from the saddle below. They took their time transitioning while I was cursing up a storm downclimbing choss and trying to keep my skis on. I had to give up when the chute narrowed to 190 cm and a chockstone got in the way. The looks I got when I perched myself on the rock directly above them and started taking my skis off were priceless. They for sure thought I was going for a ride and would take out a couple of them on my way down. All they got was a bunch of ice and rocks rolling their way. I only eat shit when nobody's looking!

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    F
    Walking the sky plank to the top of Drom, one of my favorite spots in the range:

Attachment 317379

We halfheartedly looked for a way into Firing Squad, purely to antagonize mallwalker. Sanity (and a hefty dose of fear) dictated a less radical route into MillB. Of note, the NE face of Drom is not quite ready yet and required some creative "skiing" to get through this:

Attachment 317397

[/endspray]
    I was in the party of six standing below you guys on Saturday, wondering what the hell you guys were up to. Although, we were a party of three that came up on another party of three, because crowds. We might have transitioned faster had there not been such great entertainment. Nice work! Looked spicy.

East face of Twins was a total zoo, and more parties just kept coming up canyon... beautiful day though!

Mixed bag of conditions out there right now. The crust on windward stuff up high is no fucking joke. Managed to find a few good turns though and had another good day in the mountains!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1370.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	198.1 KB 
ID:	317439

Name:	IMG_1381.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	210.3 KB 
ID:	317440

Name:	IMG_1385.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	305.0 KB 
ID:	317441

Quote Originally Posted by kbowm View Post
    I was in the party of six standing below you guys on Saturday, wondering what the hell you guys were up to. Although, we were a party of three that came up on another party of three, because crowds. We might have transitioned faster had there not been such great entertainment. Nice work! Looked spicy.

East face of Twins was a total zoo, and more parties just kept coming up canyon... beautiful day though!
    HA!! I'm so glad I managed to keep it together and not roll all the way to you guys! I'd probably have omitted that from my spray above then you'd have called me out on it for everlasting TGR shame!
    Sorry about the endless stream of curses, I was really annoyed at my faulty memory and the spot it got us to. At least we managed not to send rocks or ice down your way and provided entertainment. Nice turns down the Sidewinder by your party and the other group of 3, it was buttery smooth in there.

Did you by any chance boot up to the Tanners col behind my buddy and I? A party of 3 was not far behind us and disappeared, I imagine back down the way they came as Tanners was pretty cooked by the time we made it to the col. I missed a cool picture of these guys booting up when I got above them on the ridge, leaned in with the camera, and a 50 lb rock moved under me and started rolling down. I figured they'd be pissed if I beaned them with large rocks so I gave up on the pictures...

Agreed about the insane crowds up there, we counted 7 people on the summit of E Twins when we got to Drom. Five had already skied the E face by the time we dropped in with 6 on the way and at least 2 more parties of 3 approaching. What a sweet day up there...

Quote Originally Posted by mar123 View Post
    Think starting with the easiest solution first without building a bunch of infrastructure...Mandatory carpool on weekends/holidays/highsnow closure days, no single drivers allowed up.

6 story garage seems a bit excessive but if resorts added 1 level above their existing lots would be enough to get cars off the road and into the resorts faster...but that costs them money and stuff.
    FWIW, the typical parking structure cots $30,000 per stall. Soil conditions, location access roads, land acquisition etc are not included.

Name:  hitching.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  28.3 KB
    Is forced carpooling the same as hitchhiking? Does it get legal if you do it in a parking lot?
    https://slco.org/uploadedFiles/depot...nseqforweb.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    And how long are those separate lines? Like what's the spitball percentage of Ikoners up there today?
    I got on the lift before they separated the Ikoners, but a hell of a lot groups couldn't get through the gate without help. It might have been half.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    i was hopin the baron and a few thousand whiners would take the skidog the fuck outta the satch option myself

#didntsuck

well aside from the basshole carpet repetedly stopping and the zoom chair swinging stop in the 3 doors hoods made me glad #bobbarseverylap
    bigsky called the hut game needs work
    but ft royal did git dug

knee droppin groms

scored sums untracked corn from the powturd hq down to the beacon park
    they (targets) dont seem to be registering probe strikes if anyone at the corp cares
    good to ski ya kids
    seasonal cheers

Speak English already you fucking Moron.. talk that shit in person>i'll shove my huge fist down your throat you Fucking internet pussy.
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by baron View Post
    Speak English already you fucking Moron.. talk that shit in person>i'll shove my huge fist down your throat you Fucking internet pussy.
    So nice of you to capitalize yet misspell morAn...

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    I don't want more people to be able to go up the canyon.
    This. I was out there earlier this month for that supposed shit show day up LCC after the road finally opened and... that wasn’t crowded. Not really. Sure, a bit of a wait for the Collins chair and you could nearly ski right up to Wildcat.

Was waiting in a line of cars that morning a pain in the ass? Absolutely... but the lack of space also keeps it from truly getting crowded in the California / Colorado / Jackson Hole / Whistler sense of the word.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Nothing worse than Pussy Bitchs ,hiding behind screen names.. Come on out of the Closet and put your $ where your retarded mouth is
    ski paintingshttp://michael-cuozzo.fineartamerica.com" horror has a face; you must make a friend of horror...horror and moral terror.. are your friends...if not, they are enemies to be feared...the horror"....col Kurtz

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    So nice of you to capitalize yet misspell morAn...
    g1, you have no idea how to spell.. one more notch in the stupid board for you

g1, you have no idea how to spell.. one more notch in the stupid board for you
    Keep on keepin' on

Nothing worse than Pussy Bitchs ,hiding behind screen names.. Come on out of the Closet and put your $ where your retarded mouth is
    You spelled bitches wrong, put a space between your comma, an ellipsis has three dots not two, you missed the period at the end of your last sentence. Just tryin’ to help!

the irony is palpable.

Name:  IMG_1388.JPG
Views: 743
Size:  49.9 KB

Omg the hometown thread has gone off the rails !!!!

This long time lurker finally feels compelled to comment. These last two pages are immensely entertaining, especially Boissal's excellent adventure. Also: I am sure SFB has something interesting to share, but deciphering his "artsy" dialect is painful. Thanks to you all for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Omg the hometown thread has gone off the rails !!!!
    Nah, that’s just stoke.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Todds View Post
    Name:  hitching.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  28.3 KB
    Is forced carpooling the same as hitchhiking? Does it get legal if you do it in a parking lot?
    https://slco.org/uploadedFiles/depot...nseqforweb.pdf

I got on the lift before they separated the Ikoners, but a hell of a lot groups couldn't get through the gate without help. It might have been half.
    yeah I don't know what the overall solution is....but starting with mandatory carpooling on weekends is a simple concept with virtually no cost to anyone that would get the same amount of people up the canyon with fewer cars. There's apps. that can be created to get around the stupid hitchhiking law if thats what it takes.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    ifin only there was a way for anononmoose shit posting e-dipshits to prove their badassness irl
    oh wait
    https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...23-MagBakeUT20
    ski u there

best takes the bus
    send it by big air
    or bitch check that batshit crazy spare
    bro bare
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by oldskibum View Post
    This long time lurker finally feels compelled to comment. These last two pages are immensely entertaining, especially Boissal's excellent adventure. Also: I am sure SFB has something interesting to share, but deciphering his "artsy" dialect is painful. Thanks to you all for sharing!
    he thinks its "Kitchy" and "cool". Makes him "unique"