Page 84 of 98 FirstFirst ... 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... LastLast
Results 2,076 to 2,100 of 2448
  1. #2076
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,301
    ^what?

    Yesterday. Skins on from Mutual Dell. 1-5Ē of dry snow on top of a 90% supportable sun crust. I ended up walking down the single track at the end to avoid wrapping my leg around a tree.

    Attachment 323843

    Attachment 323844

    Iím trying to dial it back so I took a swing a skate skiing. Iím more likely to end up in the hospital from that around the cross tow than skiing Baldy on my alpine equipment.

  2. #2077
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,336
    That exit is spicy. I kept em on until the last 2 switchbacks, wasnít worth trashing the skis to get to the bottom.

  3. #2078
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,916
    Attachment 324016

    Pretty soft out there!

  4. #2079
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the brew room
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Attachment 324016

    Pretty soft out there!
    Agreed. N facing was getting pretty wind loaded and snow was a little touchy. Witnessed a natural cornice break that started a good size slide/stuff. S facing was variable. Not bad for April.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  5. #2080
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Funland
    Posts
    1,301
    ^ was that Alta/Baldy? Reports of naturals on Sugarloaf and Baldy today. I skied a shoulder from the connection gate around 6pm. Still skied well to the angle station. Everything below that got cooked.

    Are attachments not working for everyone?

  6. #2081
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    in the brew room
    Posts
    1,798
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post
    ^ was that Alta/Baldy? Reports of naturals on Sugarloaf and Baldy today. I skied a shoulder from the connection gate around 6pm. Still skied well to the angle station. Everything below that got cooked.

    Are attachments not working for everyone?
    no. this was across the street.

  7. #2082
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    The bottom of LCC
    Posts
    5,336
    Quote Originally Posted by tBatt View Post

    Are attachments not working for everyone?
    Not working for me either.

  8. #2083
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,916
    Some pics are working in some threads for me, but I can't even see what I have uploaded.

  9. #2084
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Some pics are working in some threads for me, but I can't even see what I have uploaded.
    the old windows vista laptop acting as the server for these forums must need to be rebooted again

  10. #2085
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,170
    So below like 9k is cooked? Was thinking of going for a walk up to piss pass or something at 5PM but don't need to twist my knee is grabby mank.

  11. #2086
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by jtran10 View Post
    So below like 9k is cooked? Was thinking of going for a walk up to piss pass or something at 5PM but don't need to twist my knee is grabby mank.
    NW up to 10k in my usual drainage was pretty bad, though the crusts were largely supportable. below ~8k seems like there was not a solid refreeze. up canyon may have fared better.

  12. #2087
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    2,170

  13. #2088
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    589
    I went up and did a couple laps of Wildcat Face this morning and it skiied fairly well...but that's largely due to the wind resetting things. Snow turned bad just below the angle station.

    Overheard another party saying Thirds and upper High Boy was good but down low was terrible.

  14. #2089
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sandy
    Posts
    1,916
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1678.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	250.3 KB 
ID:	324314

    Weird seeing the sign lines buried by cornices.

    Also, can confirm below 9k at Alta got cooked yesterday. S facing in upper LCC had a ton of natural wet slide activity from yesterday as well. Wouldn't ski anything on that side of the road today.

  15. #2090
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    the old windows vista laptop acting as the server for these forums must need to be rebooted again
    God damn crusty old Windows 95 preventing me from spraying all over this thread and posting my Strava foot-by-foot shred analysis...

    Or not. [SPRAY]

    On Sat Ms Boissal finally allowed me out of the house. Either she was satisfied with my progress on the 5-star chicken coop or she got tired of cracking the whip and needed me out of her hair. Regardless, after a week without skiing a beatdown was in order.

    Another asshole post-holing the skinner:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_080604.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	864.9 KB 
ID:	324312

    At least kitty (or fox or ??) is lighter than a slow-shoer...
    Good things the winds had covered everything with a few inches of cream. LCC S side looking all kinds of pretty:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_082047.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	324315

    I didn't linger on top of the Pfeiff for long, winds were nuking and it felt colder than BC in January. The SW face was glorious though:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_092038.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1,008.9 KB 
ID:	324318

    It took some effort not to go all the way to the bottom of Dry Creek. So much room and low angle goodness in that drainage. Also, acceptable scenery. Several lifetimes worth of skiing on these 4 peaks:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_094754.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	324321

    Spectacular mini-golfing on the W face of Chipman:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_103006.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	324322

    I was starting to feel a bit lonely on the way to Bighorn. I've been on the S face of Lone Peak a few times and it's huge, the back bowls of Thunder Mountain are flatter but feel even bigger:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_111231 (1).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	940.5 KB 
ID:	324323

    The booter was in on the Bighorn shoulder, made my life easier. No pics of that section as the temps dipped back into polar territory, the raging wind came back, and I couldn't wait to get off the ridge. The S face had tracks but the wind had buffed it back to perfection all the way to the upper Hamongog.

    Time to pay the piper and begin the endless slog to escape from UT county. The scenery is quite distracting:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_123712 (1).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	924.5 KB 
ID:	324324

    Lone Peak had some proud looking tracks down the E couloir. Unbelievably scenic corner of the range:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANO_20200404_133145.vr.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	731.0 KB 
ID:	324325

    I decided to skip S Thunder and drop into Hogum via a sneaky line a buddy skied earlier this year. The entrance is unreal, a nondescript notch somewhere on Lightning Ridge with a tiny sneak between massive granite gendarmes which leads to a perfect platform to transition. Better pick the right notch, the others are a bit more extreme:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_135239.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	324326

    A few inches of windbuff over a firm base peppered with sharks dictated a cautious approach:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_141916.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	324327

    The fucker is steep! I'll have to come back and make actual turns, as it was I had to wait a bit to open it up:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_142718.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	324328

    I skied out of Maybird last week and skinned back to White Pine to get my car and it was completely hateful so "skiing" out of Hogum (again) wasn't high on my list. I was enjoying my time in the pain cave and decided I needed some Obelisk in my life. Slogging across Hogum the wrong way:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_145319 (1).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	324330

    The E faces did not fare too well on Friday. There were tracks in the Needle, someone skied debris top to bottom. Props.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_151340.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	324331

    Fortunately the winds were still at it and had kept things from heating up too much, making the skinner up the SW face of the Hogum Divide manageable. I ran out of water a few 100' from the top, food had been a distant memory for some time, and I started seeing things that weren't there (mostly cheeseburgers). The E face skied really well and I almost forgot my angry legs but below 10k things went to complete shit. The Red Pine trees and the summer trail exit shredded the remains of my patience and I got to the White Pine bridge screaming obscenities in the wind.

    Shit escalated even more when I realized the car battery was dead and I terrorized the whole parking lot when the portable jumper refused to work. I was about to call Ms Boissal for a rescue when I remembered I had stashed a couple of beer in the snowbank. That calmed me down and I managed to start the car.

    That is all. Keep the stoke alive Wasatchlanders!!

    [/SPRAY]

  16. #2091
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,503
    /thread
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  17. #2092
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    In the shadow of the wasatch
    Posts
    3,503
    Goddamnit Boissal you was supposed to stay home!

    Holy shit that looked like an awesome tour. Think I'll go cut my lawn now. Cheers!
    Bunny Don't Surf

    Have you seen a one armed man around here?

  18. #2093
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    My armchair
    Posts
    4,584
    KA tour Boissal!
    "... she'll never need a doctor; 'cause I check her out all day"

  19. #2094
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    5,223

  20. #2095
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Posts
    11,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    God damn crusty old Windows 95 preventing me from spraying all over this thread and posting my Strava foot-by-foot shred analysis...

    Or not. [SPRAY]

    On Sat Ms Boissal finally allowed me out of the house. Either she was satisfied with my progress on the 5-star chicken coop or she got tired of cracking the whip and needed me out of her hair. Regardless, after a week without skiing a beatdown was in order.

    Another asshole post-holing the skinner:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_080604.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	864.9 KB 
ID:	324312

    At least kitty (or fox or ??) is lighter than a slow-shoer...
    Good things the winds had covered everything with a few inches of cream. LCC S side looking all kinds of pretty:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_082047.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	324315

    I didn't linger on top of the Pfeiff for long, winds were nuking and it felt colder than BC in January. The SW face was glorious though:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_092038.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1,008.9 KB 
ID:	324318

    It took some effort not to go all the way to the bottom of Dry Creek. So much room and low angle goodness in that drainage. Also, acceptable scenery. Several lifetimes worth of skiing on these 4 peaks:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_094754.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	324321

    Spectacular mini-golfing on the W face of Chipman:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_103006.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	324322

    I was starting to feel a bit lonely on the way to Bighorn. I've been on the S face of Lone Peak a few times and it's huge, the back bowls of Thunder Mountain are flatter but feel even bigger:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_111231 (1).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	940.5 KB 
ID:	324323

    The booter was in on the Bighorn shoulder, made my life easier. No pics of that section as the temps dipped back into polar territory, the raging wind came back, and I couldn't wait to get off the ridge. The S face had tracks but the wind had buffed it back to perfection all the way to the upper Hamongog.

    Time to pay the piper and begin the endless slog to escape from UT county. The scenery is quite distracting:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_123712 (1).jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	924.5 KB 
ID:	324324

    Lone Peak had some proud looking tracks down the E couloir. Unbelievably scenic corner of the range:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PANO_20200404_133145.vr.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	731.0 KB 
ID:	324325

    I decided to skip S Thunder and drop into Hogum via a sneaky line a buddy skied earlier this year. The entrance is unreal, a nondescript notch somewhere on Lightning Ridge with a tiny sneak between massive granite gendarmes which leads to a perfect platform to transition. Better pick the right notch, the others are a bit more extreme:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_135239.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.38 MB 
ID:	324326

    A few inches of windbuff over a firm base peppered with sharks dictated a cautious approach:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_141916.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	324327

    The fucker is steep! I'll have to come back and make actual turns, as it was I had to wait a bit to open it up:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_142718.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	324328

    I skied out of Maybird last week and skinned back to White Pine to get my car and it was completely hateful so "skiing" out of Hogum (again) wasn't high on my list. I was enjoying my time in the pain cave and decided I needed some Obelisk in my life. Slogging across Hogum the wrong way:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_145319 (1).jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	324330

    The E faces did not fare too well on Friday. There were tracks in the Needle, someone skied debris top to bottom. Props.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200404_151340.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.58 MB 
ID:	324331

    Fortunately the winds were still at it and had kept things from heating up too much, making the skinner up the SW face of the Hogum Divide manageable. I ran out of water a few 100' from the top, food had been a distant memory for some time, and I started seeing things that weren't there (mostly cheeseburgers). The E face skied really well and I almost forgot my angry legs but below 10k things went to complete shit. The Red Pine trees and the summer trail exit shredded the remains of my patience and I got to the White Pine bridge screaming obscenities in the wind.

    Shit escalated even more when I realized the car battery was dead and I terrorized the whole parking lot when the portable jumper refused to work. I was about to call Ms Boissal for a rescue when I remembered I had stashed a couple of beer in the snowbank. That calmed me down and I managed to start the car.

    That is all. Keep the stoke alive Wasatchlanders!!
    [/SPRAY]
    id like to report you to dipshit dannos stay home no stoke morality police
    but the my stokes aint broke boner wont subside
    thank you
    that is all
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    Yo poliassfuckers
    theres a special basement for your lame shit

  21. #2096
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    1,652
    Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    Goddamnit Boissal you was supposed to stay home!
    Way, did I write Saturday? I meant Saturday 1 month ago when nothing was out of the ordinary... These days I'm sitting at home sorting through old pictures.

  22. #2097
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    589
    Ambulance was headed up LCC as I was coming down....hope everybody is alright

  23. #2098
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Ambulance was headed up LCC as I was coming down....hope everybody is alright
    Lifeflight just left Alta.

  24. #2099
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Alta
    Posts
    709
    Not skiing related life flight


    Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

  25. #2100
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Fresh Lake City
    Posts
    3,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    Ambulance was headed up LCC as I was coming down....hope everybody is alright
    how was the skiing today?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •