Page 123 of 132 FirstFirst ... 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,075 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by BobMc View Post
    Parking reservations are officially a thing at Snowbird this season.

https://www.snowbird.com/winter-experience-2021/
    No mention of charging for parking, there is no chance this is truly just to limit skiers and not a money making scheme???

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    No mention of charging for parking, there is no chance this is truly just to limit skiers and not a money making scheme???
    Its a way to limit passholders, without actually having to say they are limiting passholders though.

SLC showing of TGR's "Make Believe" will be at The Redwood Drive In Sept 24 6-1030P
    $30 for a car and the first two people.
    $10 bucks a ticket for additional bros.

Anyone wanna carpool?

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/m...y-make-believe
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

On days they run out of parking reservations UTA will have 20 people on every bus and I can see plenty of soccer moms on a busy Saturday running van loads of kids up the mountain.

With the 20 person limit I wonder if UTA will add buses?

That was my inclination as well, so I sent an email to Dave and a few other folks this am about how disappointed I was they were trying to use this backdoor reservation system. But his response (below) actually made some sense.

He seems to recognize the existence of these loopholes (Bus, uber, soccer moms, etc) and now that I think about it, its probably okay or even good that these exist. By limiting parking to ppl with FCFS reservations, already you're selecting for the passholders that want it the most (and will be at their computers compulsively hitting refresh). And then the existence of other work arounds will let those that are most desperate to ski get up there, while (hopefully) deterring the majority of other less dedicated / manic skiers.

The truth is we don’t have the technology to manage lift access given the variety of passes we honor at Snowbird (Snowbird, AltaBird, Ikon, Mtn. Collective, Ski Utah Gold, NSAA Gold, Super Pass, 5th Grade Passport, etc). That is a technological mine field to make a set amount of passes amongst that landscape valid by day at the resort, which will vary given the number of lifts we have open. Parking was the only realistic way to try to manage the number of people we can have on the mountain given social distancing requirements and expectations.
    There are a ton of loopholes given how much highway parking we have, drop-offs, Ubers, etc. But our goal is to get open and stay open and if we are over-crowded we feel that could end the season for everyone.

This ignores the fact that Jackson, Big Sky, and A Basin are limiting non-passholders with reservations but are allowing passholders to still ski whenever.

A season pass is an "unlimited" ticket and I don't really care what the fuck they say, this is limiting season pass holders.

Also, I'm unsure about how much parking will really limit the number of people, because a parking spot could be used by a 7 person suburban or a single person in their impreza. This smells an awful lot like "fuck the passholders, first come first served."

I'm also really worried about how this is implemented, because I feel like for Ikon holders, they will have to make parking reservations available ahead of time, right? Like if you're coming here on vacation, you're gonna want to know you have a parking spot ahead of time, meaning they would have to let you reserve shit well ahead of the day or evening before the day.

At any rate, there are a lot of unknowns, but I think ignoring how JHMR and others are doing it (keeping season passes unlimited) is a) typical snowbird and b) pretty fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    With the 20 person limit I wonder if UTA will add buses?
    Ha ha ha. Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by wasatch_carpetbagger View Post
    That was my inclination as well, so I sent an email to Dave and a few other folks this am about how disappointed I was they were trying to use this backdoor reservation system. But his response (below) actually made some sense.

He seems to recognize the existence of these loopholes (Bus, uber, soccer moms, etc) and now that I think about it, its probably okay or even good that these exist. By limiting parking to ppl with FCFS reservations, already you're selecting for the passholders that want it the most (and will be at their computers compulsively hitting refresh). And then the existence of other work arounds will let those that are most desperate to ski get up there, while (hopefully) deterring the majority of other less dedicated / manic skiers.

The truth is we don’t have the technology to manage lift access given the variety of passes we honor at Snowbird (Snowbird, AltaBird, Ikon, Mtn. Collective, Ski Utah Gold, NSAA Gold, Super Pass, 5th Grade Passport, etc). That is a technological mine field to make a set amount of passes amongst that landscape valid by day at the resort, which will vary given the number of lifts we have open. Parking was the only realistic way to try to manage the number of people we can have on the mountain given social distancing requirements and expectations.
    There are a ton of loopholes given how much highway parking we have, drop-offs, Ubers, etc. But our goal is to get open and stay open and if we are over-crowded we feel that could end the season for everyone.
    Can you log into the Snowbird website and see how many runs you took? Alta lets you do this. If they can do this I don't see why they can't setup a reservation systems that turned on/off a pass for a given day.

Stop please. This just keeps getting worse. This season gonna be so fuk.

HTFB, the lady and I are going, should be a fun time.
    "If we can't bring the mountain to the party, let's bring the PARTY to the MOUNTAIN!"

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    SLC showing of TGR's "Make Believe" will be at The Redwood Drive In Sept 24 6-1030P
    $30 for a car and the first two people.
    $10 bucks a ticket for additional bros.

Anyone wanna carpool?

https://www.tetongravity.com/films/m...y-make-believe
    Long as you don't wanna make out.
    w/o a mask...
    Sfb and Whyturn, a repeat of last year?
    One thing missing:
    the offspring won't be representing this year.
    Phall let's have a beer. At least.
    Be trying my pm skills I guess...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

I don't understand all the whining.

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Long as you don't wanna make out.
    w/o a mask...
    Sfb and Whyturn, a repeat of last year?
    One thing missing:
    the offspring won't be representing this year.
    Phall let's have a beer. At least.
    Be trying my pm skills I guess...
    Not sure I understand the question but I will be skiing the same resort I always do and your welcome to join us and others

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    were goin to the drive in
    to see the tgrz movie again
    i aint sure ifin its the jackpot but im gittin up at 5am to pull levers and crunch base depth and new snowfall numbers for what'll be a decade now of silver passes again
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    were goin to the drive in
    to see the tgrz movie again
    i aint sure ifin its the jackpot but im gittin up at 5am to pull levers and crunch base depth and new snowfall numbers for what'll be a decade now of silver passes again
    Got it. I appreciate the translation. I will be at the flick and up early at the mow to avoid the rentals who can’t handle the 16% road grade on pow days

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Snowbird seems poised to cancel preferred parking and refund those who already got it. Jeez, parking is rarely an issue during the week except powder days and the preferred spaces are a tiny fraction of the total parking slots anyway. So why not just limit the preferred parking to just weekdays? I told them so on their feedback page. Am I missing something?

It is almost as if Snowbird is asking you not to spend the day there if you are alone and not utilizing public transportation. Usually, when I ski Snowbird, I drive 40 mins and am by myself. I don't see myself driving to a bus stop.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 3.32.12 PM.png
Views: 803
Size:  108.1 KB
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    It is almost as if Snowbird is asking you not to spend the day there if you are alone and not utilizing public transportation. Usually, when I ski Snowbird, I drive 40 mins and am by myself. I don't see myself driving to a bus stop.
    Name:  Screen Shot 2020-09-20 at 3.32.12 PM.png
Views: 803
Size:  108.1 KB
    Does anyone know if this language is new? Obviously for resorts to operate, they need people to boot up, warm up, eat, etc. in their cars.

From what I could tell from his email (pasted below), the parking restriction is the only way [technology-wise], they can make a capacity restriction. However, this is really the worst way to do it. They need less people, but all of those people to be able to park (and eat and chill) in their cars.

ALSO - given the parking restrictions, I def need to meet more people that are skiing up at LCC this year. I have a AWD '08 sienna with snow tires and all of 2 friends in the city (new to UT) so would be down to carpool with anyone from here skiing alta/snowbird.

Just ordered tickets for the drive-in, should be a good time.

Just ordered tickets for the drive-in, should be a good time.
    How can you go nonchalantly to the drive-in when you know the parking situation at SB is A MESS?!?!

Yeah, I should go too, but.... Thinking it'll be the most awkward online summit ever if we are just stuck in our cars and conversing via TGR forums as the movie plays.

If Snowbird cancels and refunds my parking pass I certainly hope they’re doing the same with the black pass holders? But, I’m gonna bet giving back $329 is a lot easier than 17k.

If Snowbird cancels and refunds my parking pass I certainly hope they’re doing the same with the black pass holders? But, I’m gonna bet giving back $329 is a lot easier than 17k.
    Lol yea that's not happening. I had emailed some folks about access to the Base Camp program (7summits lite) and they had indicated that they are running it this year but there is a substantial wait list. Given that some of those families shell out 10s of thousands year after year, they will throw us to the dogs before pissing them off.

Lol yea that's not happening. I had emailed some folks about access to the Base Camp program (7summits lite) and they had indicated that they are running it this year but there is a substantial wait list. Given that some of those families shell out 10s of thousands year after year, they will throw us to the dogs before pissing them off.
    whats the cost for base camp?

TGR tickets purchased.... Ill be the really hot chick in a blue dress and wedges looking devilish....
    You took too much man, too much, too much