Page 51 of 132 FirstFirst ... 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 3295
    Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Sick flex bru, but I got ya by a decade.
    Attachment 314420 feeding the birds

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    to be clear this pic isnt likely to be 88...those skis are for sure not circa 1988. For sure not circa 1978 which would be the 10 years.

Wait, did you really think I was claiming 78 on that pic? C’mon now.
    That was the bird feeder in its current location from 2 seasons ago. In 88 it was probably at the Big Tree location below Sunspot.

I was off by a year. Only 9 years more Altacore than Buttah.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHMA3624.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	314423

Quote Originally Posted by joetron View Post
    Wait, did you really think I was claiming 78 on that pic? C’mon now.
    That was the bird feeder in its current location from 2 seasons ago. In 88 it was probably at the Big Tree location below Sunspot.

I was off by a year. Only 9 years more Altacore than Buttah.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WHMA3624.JPG 
Views:	127 
Size:	608.7 KB 
ID:	314423

well i didnt know if you were...great childhood pic though.

Maybe this person would have though it was also plenty safe to walk out into the Alta parking lot before getting in the Collins or Wildcat lift lines today.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...07#post5887307

Regarding his statement "I was told that avalanche control has been shooting cannons at the Canyon all yesterday and this morning and are not able to get the snow to move ...". My buddy and I returned to the White Pine parking lot in the first week of January a few days after the avalanche down Tanners had pushed a car across the highway. A UDOT guy was in his truck looking with hs binoculars at upper Tanners. He said he was trying to see the shot holes from the shots they had done that morning. I asked about the avalanche a few days earlier that had caught the car, and he told me they had shot upper Tanner's 14-15 times that morning without getting anything to go. He thought the slide was caused by a natural cornice fall later in the day after sun warmed things up.

On the other hand, except for risking great danger to ski patrol who might have to do body recovery in an avalanche zone, perhaps it would have been better to have let this person ski. Ya know -- for natural selection to occur.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    how about this comment from Alta's Facebook page

Attachment 314394

Quote Originally Posted by Skidog View Post
    What are the totals at pow mow and basin? Both have tons of lower angle skiing

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Pow mow was ice fest death cookie this morning or as Patrick Swayze said

“That’s death on a stick mate”

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by Dshack89 View Post
    This has to be the same beater who was sitting behind me at the GMD Saloon yesterday who kept loudly saying to his NYC buddies "what sort of half decent resort doesnt open with EIGHT inches of snow...so pathetic!".

Hopefully he will go tell all his friends LCC sucks

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app
    same guy, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by ncskier View Post
    I was at snowbird week after Easter 2010 when all hell broke loose. Two days of inter lodge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Was able to make a bunch of first chairs at canyons that day. Pretty fun. Sorry about the Interlodge.

I rip the groomed on tele gear

you'd never have to put up with this shit at a high quality resort like Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by mall walker View Post
    you'd never have to put up with this shit at a high quality resort like Hunter
    QFT...

Limber Pine on the road an hour ago, natural, after two rounds of shooting.
    Coulda been Jedediah or Little Pine East; all have the same runout.
    Just that Limber Pine loads more from current wind direction so probably that.
    Thinking the three paths might have connected and run together, thus able to reach the road.
    Those paths haven't hit the road in 30 years cause of really long flat runout;
    we're in a 30 year cycle up here...
    Time spent skiing cannot be deducted from one's life.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdude2468 View Post
    how about this comment from Alta's Facebook page

Attachment 314394
    Odds that he has a nickname like Tommy "The Squid" Calamari?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

^^^ this is why I chase storms and never buy in advance. But also live to ski another day......

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Snowbasin today was a shit-show of rain/sleet/snow, waaaaaay too many people (Strawberry gonjola closed), and Whistleresque "visibility". One run and done.

^^^
    I've skied in that shit at Snowbasin.....not fun
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Quote Originally Posted by telefreewasatch View Post
    Limber Pine on the road an hour ago, natural, after two rounds of shooting.
    Coulda been Jedediah or Little Pine East; all have the same runout.
    Just that Limber Pine loads more from current wind direction so probably that.
    Thinking the three paths might have connected and run together, thus able to reach the road.
    Those paths haven't hit the road in 30 years cause of really long flat runout;
    we're in a 30 year cycle up here...
    Wild. Really neat to have someone who actually knows the history of these kinds of events. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phall View Post
    reminds me of the Early April 2010 interlodge where we had to dig out our front door wearing beacons at the old snowpine, and had to have others on standby beeping out of harms way. I bet we see emmas/flag go over the road here too. pretty wild.
    Forgot about that. That was great! Best part was that we'd closed for the season already so we had the entire hotel to ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I am getting mixed signals. So do you think tomorrow will be a great, good or terrible day in the wasatch? Friends are flying in tonight, and they want to ski bright and early (9:00am inbounds). I'm not so sure.
    “How does it feel to be the greatest guitarist in the world? I don’t know, go ask Rory Gallagher”. — Jimi Hendrix

Solitude was multitude today. Only moonbeam, powderhorn and sunrise in the AM. Got 2nd chair powderhorn and skied maybe the only good line that hadn't blown off the mountain. Everything else scoured af. Probably all in the Lcc starting zones.

Summit opened later on and was OK. Skied out in 3 minutes. Best snow of the day was in the trees under moonbeam

Visiting friend had a great time though, despite having to pay $115 for a ticket.

Photo of moonbeam line before open

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by schindlerpiste View Post
    I am getting mixed signals. So do you think tomorrow will be a great, good or terrible day in the wasatch? Friends are flying in tonight, and they want to ski bright and early (9:00am inbounds). I'm not so sure.
    My money is on lcc/bcc shitshow best to stay close to your home my man. Deer valet might be the call.

Powder Panic tomorrow, but the Jerry's don't know the snow will be horrible. I'm going to do Sunday.

Got a little insider info that UDOT still doesn’t know when the road is gonna open in the am. Expecting shit show of biblical proportions

Been a pretty wild two days up in Albion Basin. Finally can see the Backside and part of Supreme Bowl after 40+ hours of total white out full on blizzard. Cheers to the fantastic ski and snow people who worked their asses off these past couple days to keep people safe.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Been a pretty wild two days up in Albion Basin. Finally can see the Backside and part of Supreme Bowl after 40+ hours of total white out full on blizzard. Cheers to the fantastic ski and snow people who worked their asses off these past couple days to keep people safe.
    Sounds like a mid mountain hot tub accessible location. Fun time to be in the wild.

Interlodge and Hwy210 closure through the night.

Heres some really cool vintage Alta avalanche mitigation footage I stumbled on via Jim Steenburgh's twitter: https://youtu.be/RAewJjl4hG0

Sent from my SM-N970U using TGR Forums mobile app